Thailand Pass Is Up And Running

4 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

Mind you, they are both guilty of making crazy statements like the total oxymoron below ????????:

4. For the Exemption from Quarantine scheme:

4.1 I shall be quarantine for one day.

4.2 After a negative (not detected) RT-PCR test result, I am permitted to travel without restrictions in Thailand.

https://tp.consular.go.th/en/policy

Section 4.1 and 4.2 are somewhat contradictory.  What does "one day" mean (it's vague and confusing and subject to multiple interpretations)?  I'm going to keep my thumb on 4.1 and show 4.2 to the hotel and hope I get an early release. 

I give up on this worthless website. I will pay Thai Visa Centre $75 to do mine. They accept all forms of upload and they guarantee their work as long as you send them all required docs. Money back guarantee. They can be reached on Line. I am in USA right now 2 weeks from 2nd jab of Moderna. Good luck to everyone

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Good attempt at playing lawyer......  But, can you find any information regarding what to do with the Antigen test kits ?

Not trying - never would in Thailand. I can't remember where I saw it but you are supposed to report the test result on the Mor Chana App as far as I know.

Can you also find any information regarding the Antigen test Kits in the any of the terms and conditions... 

I believe the referral to a second test on day 6 or 7 in 3.1 of the rules is an antigen kit. That's what is being handed out anyway. From memory, the Royal Gazette mentions antigen tests I believe.

And finally... does it state anywhere 'I declare that I have understood all that is stated above and shall strictly abide by them’ ???

Yes, at the start of the last paragraph (not the tickbox paragraph).

'I declare that I have understood all that is stated above and shall strictly abide by them'

Reading through all this, I've realised that they've probably got us by the b alls with this statement as the last paragraph goes on to state:

'and shall comply with the provisions under relevant Regulations issued under Section 9 of the Emergency Decree on Public Administration in Emergency Situations B.E. 2548 (2005) and any other disease prevention measures prescribed by the Government of Thailand, acknowledging that failure of such compliance may lead to consequences and penalties under the laws and regulations of Thailand.'

How does it go - 'its all in the small print'

• Like 1

Can you also find any information regarding the Antigen test Kits in the any of the terms and conditions... 

Just to add to the previous post:

I appreciate that this is not in the rules on the application site and that we may mock the TAT - me included but they seem to have been clearer on what is required than the MFA and they are definitely much closer to the actual rules published in the Royal Gazette:

Section 9 has the information on the Antigen Test Kits.

Test_and_Go(2).jpg

Edited by KhaoYai

The Test and Go graphic and text right above says "An insurance policy...". Where can I find the official statement that says it must be a general medical policy which also indicates coverage for Covid? I should clarify I am speaking of Non-O holders on extension of stay.

33 minutes ago, PabloSanDiego said:

I'm not saying we're not supposed to do all these things, but it seems really odd there is not better guidance than the "small print" somewhere or these graphics you guys post.

I literally just landed less than 3 hours ago and am in my hotel room waiting on my arrival RT-PCR results which were promised in 2 hours (I paid the "fast service" fee). The airport experience was amazingly efficient, I'll post a detailed description later unless I get the freedom call at which it'll have to wait!

So nobody made any mention of the Mor Chana app or any other app when I arrived. I even asked my hotel's front desk manager and she said she knows of the app but doesn't know if I have to use it. This is the JW Marriott, and so far they seem to be really on top of things. If I didn't follow this thread in here I would have never heard of this app. They can't possibly expect all the tourists to load it and use if they never tell us.  If they handed out that graphic on a card or gave us a sheet of paper with instructions when we arrive it would have been helpful. My guess is that most arriving tourists will not do this.

Same goes for the antigen test. The nurse at Bumrungrad gave it to me after she swabbed me. I asked, "what do I do with this?"  She said she wasn't sure and said, maybe test in 2 or 3 days.  Again I asked my hotel and she did say do it at the 6-7 day point, but I asked "who do I give the results to?", and she did not know.  Again, I only know about it because of what I read here. The typical incoming tourist won't know, as most of us don't read all that "fine print".  If they really wanted us to do this stuff someone would have made a point of it somewhere along the line.

Good info. congratulations on your return.

A couple of my friends have arrived and said the same thing about ATK and Morchana.  No specific instructions they did get envelopes with the ATK but have just put it in a drawer at their condos.

3 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Good info. congratulations on your return.

A couple of my friends have arrived and said the same thing about ATK and Morchana.  No specific instructions they did get envelopes with the ATK but have just put it in a drawer at their condos.

so I think if they were serious about incoming tourists needing to install the Mor Chana app there would be something when we arrive at Suvarnabhumi, but I saw literally NOTHING. Not a single sign, not a single mention by any of the Thais processing me in.

A good spot would be the initial document check right after you deplane. I was there first but it'll be a bottleneck for most. They could have had a sign that said "Please install the Mor Chana app and use it."  Maybe one of those cardboard cutouts of the pretty Thai girl in traditional dress and that info. But no, nothing.

Either the original document checker or the more thorough one later could have said something. Or maybe there could be a small sign at the kiosk as the Thai person is studying your docs. Or the checker could give each arriving tourist a piece of paper with instructions, but again nothing.

I don't really expect the immigration agent to deal with this, but it's another big waiting area where they could put up signs and people could download and install the app when waiting.

Lastly, there could be a big sign at each baggage claim carousel, but again nothing. 

My point here is that because there is nothing to tell us to do it other than the fine print in those documents that very few of us read in detail, or those graphics made by one of the Thai agencies that we may or may not have seen, they can't realistically expect tourists to do this.  My guess is they don't really care anymore, and that soon Mor Chana will be officially gone as they loosen entry requirements.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, PabloSanDiego said:

While waiting for the big phone call announcing my freedom, I decided to write up the timeline for my arrival. My hats off to the Thais as the entry process at Suvarnabhumi was super fast and efficient for me. I admit I had some fears it would be slow and horrible, but it turned out to be painless. Here is my timeline from this morning:

08:30:  Aircraft door opens, walk quickly out into Suvarnabhumi to start entry procedure.
08:35: Stop 1a - rows of chairs set up with an army of helpers. Sit down and they do a quick document check, they didn’t read anything just made sure you had: (a) passport, (b) 72-hour RT-PRT result, (c) boarding pass
08:38: Stop 1b - When the first checker verified I had the right docs (took 20 seconds), I was directed to one of the next checkers at a podium who actually read my docs, that took 2 minutes max and I was waved through.
08:45: walk to immigration where I had no wait and walked right up to an open agent, standard immigration process like the old times. He didn’t look at any docs other than passport and that same arrival card we’ve always used.
08:50:  arrive at baggage claim, 20 min wait for my bag
09:10: walk thru Customs, they were x-raying bags which is rare but it only took 2 minutes
09:12: walk into pickup area at Door 10, my driver standing there with my name on a sign, very well set up pickup area with tables and hotels listed for each, not the normal chaos of the past around Door 3
09:15: in the van on our way to Bumrungrad Hospital, typical heavy Bangkok traffic. Note it has not even been an hour since my plane parked at the gate.
10:05: finally arrive Bumrungrad, pull into drive up test station, nurse in full anti-contamination suit takes my nose swab and hands me an antigen test kit
10:15: pull up to the JW, check-in
10:25: In my room relaxing waiting for the result to get phoned in.

A few notes:  

a.  I was maybe the 10th person off my plane and I walk really fast, I passed all but 1 dude so was the second person to reach the first check point (it was empty) and one of the first into the empty immigration lobby. YMMV if you’re one of the last off your plane or a few other planes land right before you.
b.  The Thailand Pass works, because nobody ever looked at my vaccination card, the first night hotel, or Insurance cert  - all the stuff that is checked when you get Thailand Pass.
c.  Finnair check-in in JFK did check everything including all the Thailand Pass docs, but that’s an airline thing I think.
d.  The boarding pass was checked and a note made just in case someone sitting next to you pops positive, so don’t lose it or leave it in your seat after you board.
e.  The flight attendants gave us the same old immigration arrival/departure card but also a “Questionnaire” called a Form T.8 with a bunch of COVID questions. What’s odd is nobody asked for it at the airport, I still have it. I asked the first checker and also the immigration agent, nobody wanted to even look at it.

This is very helpful, thank you.  Please write back if you can to let us know if you get to escape after your PCR test results, or if you have to stay "one night".

5 minutes ago, stickymango said:

This is very helpful, thank you.  Please write back if you can to let us know if you get to escape after your PCR test results, or if you have to stay "one night".

I just got the call, and I am a free man!!  So I got the swab just after 10AM and got the call in my room right at 1PM, so 3 hours almost exactly. 

I don't see why I "have to" stay one night, I am free now. I can just check out I suppose.  They are even delivering a letter to me stating that.  

Of course, I paid a lot to stay here and will enjoy free booze at Happy hour and the huge buffet also free, so I want to stay one night.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, PabloSanDiego said:

I just got the call, and I am a free man!!  So I got the swab just after 10AM and got the call in my room right at 1PM, so 3 hours almost exactly. 

I don't see why I "have to" stay one night, I am free now. I can just check out I suppose.  They are even delivering a letter to me stating that.  

Of course, I paid a lot to stay here and will enjoy free booze at Happy hour and the huge buffet also free, so I want to stay one night.

Free booze and free buffet is tempting, but at the risk of someone else testing positive several hours from now (i.e. non fast track) I'd be out there and uninstall morchana in a shot.. unless you had empty seats next to you on last leg from Helsinki and no one else in minivan. Free booze and buffet is not available on a 10/14 day force high-risk contact quarantine afaik

Edited by asiam110

4 hours ago, PabloSanDiego said:

I'm not saying we're not supposed to do all these things, but it seems really odd there is not better guidance than the "small print" somewhere or these graphics you guys post.

I literally just landed less than 3 hours ago and am in my hotel room waiting on my arrival RT-PCR results which were promised in 2 hours (I paid the "fast service" fee). The airport experience was amazingly efficient, I'll post a detailed description later unless I get the freedom call at which it'll have to wait!

So nobody made any mention of the Mor Chana app or any other app when I arrived. I even asked my hotel's front desk manager and she said she knows of the app but doesn't know if I have to use it. This is the JW Marriott, and so far they seem to be really on top of things. If I didn't follow this thread in here I would have never heard of this app. They can't possibly expect all the tourists to load it and use if they never tell us.  If they handed out that graphic on a card or gave us a sheet of paper with instructions when we arrive it would have been helpful. My guess is that most arriving tourists will not do this.

Same goes for the antigen test. The nurse at Bumrungrad gave it to me after she swabbed me. I asked, "what do I do with this?"  She said she wasn't sure and said, maybe test in 2 or 3 days.  Again I asked my hotel and she did say do it at the 6-7 day point, but I asked "who do I give the results to?", and she did not know.  Again, I only know about it because of what I read here. The typical incoming tourist won't know, as most of us don't read all that "fine print".  If they really wanted us to do this stuff someone would have made a point of it somewhere along the line.

Thanks Pablo for your feedback.

Question: How did you paid/proceed  for the "fast service" fee

3 hours ago, PabloSanDiego said:

e.  The flight attendants gave us the same old immigration arrival/departure card but also a “Questionnaire” called a Form T.8 with a bunch of COVID questions. What’s odd is nobody asked for it at the airport, I still have it. I asked the first checker and also the immigration agent, nobody wanted to even look at it.

The T.8 form was a requirement when entering with a Certificate of Entry. It is not a requirement when entering with Thailand Pass. 

My guess is that the ‘requirements’ to enter with the the Thailand Pass is to simply as much as possible and make it as close to ‘normal’ as possible while still having a ‘protective’ system in place i.e. Test & Go.

IF / Once the bugs with the Thailand Pass are ironed out entering Thailand should be trouble free for vaccinated passengers. 

I do wonder if at some point in the near future there will be a requirement to have a booster within 6 months for quarantine free travel. 

5 hours ago, PabloSanDiego said:

So nobody made any mention of the Mor Chana app or any other app when I arrived. I even asked my hotel's front desk manager and she said she knows of the app but doesn't know if I have to use it.

You raise an interesting point.  There hasn't been any joined up thinking since this whole fiasco started - by that I mean since they decided to let certain groups return in, I think, July 2020.  Being married to a Thai I was in one of those groups and when I read the information on the Thai embassy's website it was very lacking in detail.  I called and e-mailed the Thai embassy in London and was told to book a flight and a hotel without any date - a flight I might mention that even if I did book it, I would not be able to use (repatriation flights only) - absolute madness!

It soon became clear, to me at least, that the embassy was not given enough information themselves.  Had that happened in the UK the embassy would not have put out partial information and I'm also certain that a British Embassy, and most others for that matter, would not have put out information like that - they would have gone back to the government and asked for clear instructions.  Of course, in the Thai way, it is not permitted to question those further up the food chain - you just have to do what they say.

So its hardly surprising that the hotels don't seem to have been given the information about what to do with the Mor Chana App and the Antigen Test Kits.  They don't even give their own people sufficient information - how can we expect more?  It remains to be seen whether these ATK's and the reporting thereof is just a box ticking exercise that will not be followed up or if any of those who it seems have not been given any instructions so don't know, will face any form of penalty.

Edited by KhaoYai

4 hours ago, asiam110 said:

Free booze and free buffet is tempting, but at the risk of someone else testing positive several hours from now (i.e. non fast track) I'd be out there and uninstall morchana in a shot.. unless you had empty seats next to you on last leg from Helsinki and no one else in minivan. Free booze and buffet is not available on a 10/14 day force high-risk contact quarantine afaik

The odds are astronomically low.  Everyone has a RT-PCR test within 72 hours of boarding, so right off the odds are extremely low of anyone testing positive on arrival. Then that person has to be seated right next to you.  The combined odds are infinitesimal and I don't think that risk is worthy of having to rebook the first night and go into hiding. But we all have our own risk tolerances and if that's how you want to mitigate that risk, then ok!

Also, I was in Finnair Business so we're all in our lie flat pods isolated from others. The configuration is 1-2-1 and I was in a window seat so technically there wasn't anyone right next to me, certainly I didn't physically contact anyone or share an armrest. I don't know what would happen if the guy across the aisle form me tests positive, but I'm not going to worry about it.

And as I said, there was no direction to install Mor Chana when we arrived and I haven't done it yet, not sure if I'm going to bother. If you're just going to delete it, why install it in the first place?

1 hour ago, KhaoYai said:

You raise an interesting point.  There hasn't been any joined up thinking since this whole fiasco started - by that I mean since they decided to let certain groups return in, I think, July 2020.  Being married to a Thai I was in one of those groups and when I read the information on the Thai embassy's website it was very lacking in detail.  I called and e-mailed the Thai embassy in London and was told to book a flight and a hotel without any date - a flight I might mention that even if I did book it, I would not be able to use (repatriation flights only) - absolute madness!

It soon became clear, to me at least, that the embassy was not given enough information themselves.  Had that happened in the UK the embassy would not have put out partial information and I'm also certain that a British Embassy, and most others for that matter, would not have put out information like that - they would have gone back to the government and asked for clear instructions.  Of course, in the Thai way, it is not permitted to question those further up the food chain - you just have to do what they say.

So its hardly surprising that the hotels don't seem to have been given the information about what to do with the Mor Chana App and the Antigen Test Kits.  They don't even give their own people sufficient information - how can we expect more?  It remains to be seen whether these ATK's and the reporting thereof is just a box ticking exercise that will not be followed up or if any of those who it seems have not been given any instructions so don't know, will face any form of penalty.

ok, I can buy that on the hotels. Although like I said my hotel the JW Marriott seemed to be totally on top of everything when it came to Thailand Pass.  I'll ask the staff again tonight about it. It's a major international hotel and they should know.

But what about Suvarnabhumi?  It's by far the most significant entry gateway into Thailand. How do you explain that there is absolutely nothing on Mor Chana when you arrive? I mean literally not a single mention of it. I bet hardly anybody on my flight installed that app when we arrived today.

2 hours ago, PabloSanDiego said:

ok, I can buy that on the hotels. Although like I said my hotel the JW Marriott seemed to be totally on top of everything when it came to Thailand Pass.  I'll ask the staff again tonight about it. It's a major international hotel and they should know

Don't bank on them knowing anything - they probably haven't been told.

15 hours ago, Enzian said:

The Test and Go graphic and text right above says "An insurance policy...". Where can I find the official statement that says it must be a general medical policy which also indicates coverage for Covid? I should clarify I am speaking of Non-O holders on extension of stay.

I don't think you can.  The original announcement said 'Health Insurance' , the TAT graphic says 'Insurance Policy' and when you apply for Thailand Pass it says Covid 19 Insurance...........T.I.T.

18 hours ago, tomx2 said:

Hi

I just received my QR Pass for entry to Thailand  .

My questions are:

What documents do I show check-in reservation at my departing (JFK) airport.

What document do I show at the Bangkok airport?

Thanks

TC.

What you get asked for at airport may vary, but I was asked for Vax certificate and PCR test at first airport. When boarding connecting flight ( I flew Malta to Bangkok via Istanbul) they asked for Thailand Pass. Not sure what would have happened if I had no pass in transit airport; I guess either sent back or stuck in Istanbul!

At Bangkok there are 2 checks, the first one is for Thailand Pass, PCR test and Vaxx certificate. Next check is for Immigration, so they want to see passport and visa if applicable, they also want to see your hotel booking. 

Finally, in Arrivals hall, there are plenty of staff directing you to your hotel pickup. So, the airport arrival went quite smoothly for me and others I've spoken to, it's just getting the Thai pass that is the headache... 

Edited by omjduval

My wife finally received her QR code at 2:00 AM EST. I submitted an application for her twice because the first time it was submitted was before they were sending out Access Codes. I also changed some of the documents such as the passport photo which for the first submission included part of her signature page (US passport). I checked the status of her application using the Access Code, but when I do that the status shows that her application is still under review. So this leads me to believe that her first application is actually the one that resulted in her receiving the QR code.

I wonder if she will end of receiving a second QR code.

Another success story, with some info on the data that I submitted as a part of my application.

I submitted my Thailand Pass application online from the USA on Tuesday, Nov 9th, at about 11:30am for upcoming travel on Nov 22nd.

For my vaccination info, I only have the CDC paper card w/o a QR code (Pfizer vaccination shots received at Walgreens), so I used the same jpg file of the entire CDC vaccination card for dose 1 and dose 2 entries.  I did add an extra line at the bottom of the jpg showing my USA Passport number.

For my medical insurance, I provided a screen shot (or more specifically, a jpg converted from a saved pdf) of my coverage description web page on my medical insurance provider's web site.  The information included my max coverage for both inpatient and outpatient, as well as coverage period.  I did not include a letter from my medical insurance provider, and the information that I provided did not include any specific reference to COVID coverage (although it is indeed fully covered with my plan).

The hotel reservation information that I provided was from Agoda, and it included a specific reference to an included RT-PCR test.

I received my approval and QR code at 2am on Sunday, Nov 14th.

Ready to go!

2 hours ago, omjduval said:

What you get asked for at airport may vary, but I was asked for Vax certificate and PCR test at first airport. When boarding connecting flight ( I flew Malta to Bangkok via Istanbul) they asked for Thailand Pass. Not sure what would have happened if I had no pass in transit airport; I guess either sent back or stuck in Istanbul!

At Bangkok there are 2 checks, the first one is for Thailand Pass, PCR test and Vaxx certificate. Next check is for Immigration, so they want to see passport and visa if applicable, they also want to see your hotel booking. 

Finally, in Arrivals hall, there are plenty of staff directing you to your hotel pickup. So, the airport arrival went quite smoothly for me and others I've spoken to, it's just getting the Thai pass that is the headache... 

I arrived today and my experience was different. But it could just be who checks your documents and I had everything anyway. 

When I checked in at JFK in New York City, I had to show everything. Thailand Pass, Hotel, Vaccine Card, Insurance.  That was the last time my Vaccine card left my passport wallet. Nobody at Suvarnabhumi asked for it.  At the first checkpoint all they wanted to see was the Thailand Pass, which the lady scanned with her tablet, the RT-PCR Test, my boarding pass, and my passport.

At immigration, all the guy wanted was passport and Arrival/Departure card, just like it was 2019. I gave him my boarding pass too I think but not sure he looked at it. He definitely didn't ask for my hotel booking, nobody in Thailand did. My assumption was it was required for Thailand Pass.

I totally agree with your last point, it was surprisingly smooth and yes getting the Pass initially was by far the worst part of this.

Edited by PabloSanDiego
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Those higher up are not to be questioned,

A few years ago I went to register my Usufruct agreement on my property's chanotte.  The Land Office manageress gave me a hard time - some I understood, some not.  I knew what I was asking for was fully legal but I decided to leave before I got angry - which is just not done.

A few days later I returned with my lawyer who said something to the manageress in Thai that I didn't understand any of, together with some finger wagging.  15 minutes later we left with the Usufruct duly registered.  Lawyers must be higher up the pecking order than Land Office bosses.

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 1

I uploaded everything in Thailand Pass today and got email confirming regustration almiost immediately. But when I tried to check status a few hours later it says "The information is not registered."

Anyone else have this experience? Should I be worried?

57 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

I uploaded everything in Thailand Pass today and got email confirming regustration almiost immediately. But when I tried to check status a few hours later it says "The information is not registered."

When and where would you of been traveling from.

You mentioned a trip to Cambodia in a post. 

So I'm flying into Phuket tomorrow and I have TWO different Test&Go bookings and I can't remember which one I submitted for ThaiPass. That info of course isn't in the QR code.

Tried emailing support. No luck. So basically I'll have two drivers waiting for me upon arrival (no problem, they are prepaid) but how will I know which one/hotel to go with? Will the airport staff be able to look into the inner details of my TP?

My main concern is going with the wrong one and then my actual hotel not getting the PCR test results (because they were sent to the other place) and causing all sorts of problems.

Also, I'd at least like to be able to find the other driver and tell him (or call the hotel) that he/the hotel won't be needed so he doesn't wait around any longer.

Advice?