Former boxer beats his mother to death after he's told not to go out on a motorcycle - all caught on CCTV

webfact

4pm.jpg

Daily News caption: The moment a mother is murdered

Daily News reported on a tragedy in Buriram in the north east of Thailand after a 31 year old son was caught on CCTV beating his own mother to death.

He has severe mental health issues and had been forbidden to ride a motorcycle.

The CCTV showed the moment when Prawit's aunty, 60 year old Sangwan, came out to stop him riding the bike.

His mother, aged 56, got involved and both ladies were pushed over in the scuffle.

Seeing things were taking a turn for the worse Sangwan ran off to get help.

Meanwhile "Wit" - utilizing a variety of weapons lying around such as a ceramic plank and a metal pipe - attacked his mother in the head and smashed her in the face.

He was seen getting another weapon after the first stage of the frenzied attack took place.

He then wrapped her head in plastic before walking off. 

He was soon in custody, sedated and charged with matricide - the killing of his own mother known in Thai as "matukhaat".

A relative who is also assistant phu yai ban said that Wit had learned Thai boxing since childhood and fought under the name of "Prawit Sit Phrakhru" - the last part of the name being the area where the murder occurred.

He had been conscripted into the army in Lopburi but before his discharge he attacked a trainer.

Since then he had suffered a series of mental problems in which he had paranoia, hallucinations and heard voices. 

It was suspected that he had not been taking his meds and reacted terribly to being told he couldn't use the motorcycle; relatives had feared he would hurt himself if he went out on the bike. 

Now he is in the custody of the Muang Buriram police. 

Long Stay Visa Health Insurance Plans

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-02-05

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Sad 11

Another brutal murder which is passed off by the BIB as a case of a mentally disturbed young man who, no doubt, probably needs love and compassion and hugs and should probably never need to be put in prison - heavens no - but release when he Wais and apologizes and becomes a monk for a few days.  Oh my goodness, the poor young man.  Oh my.  ????

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, connda said:

Another brutal murder which is passed off by the BIB as a case of a mentally disturbed young man who, no doubt, probably needs love and compassion and hugs and should probably never need to be put in prison - heavens no - but release when he Wais and apologizes and becomes a monk for a few days.  Oh my goodness, the poor young man.  Oh my.  ????

BTW, I walked past the TV this morning and watched - aghast - as this <I don't have the word> beat and beat and beat and beat his mother's head in.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, realfunster said:

Tragic case, she was just trying to take care of her boy.

That is, at a minimum, 2 mental illness related killings in the last fortnight. Kanchanaburi attack being the other.

Do you reckon it’s time for Thailand to up their game on mental health services ?

Only thing they can do is up their game. Apparently there are 400 psychiatrists in Thailand, for a population of nearly 70 million.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

A relative who is also assistant phu yai ban said that Wit had learned Thai boxing since childhood and fought under the name of "Prawit Sit Phrakhru" - the last part of the name being the area where the murder occurred.

Hmm, that does make me think about why children are allowed to compete in matches…

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Another Monster in our midst; be careful out there because we are surrounded by Mentaly sick people here !

According to me, it´s time for a self assessment. That does not read like a sane comment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Would this have happened if he has been raised to be a real man, instead of an over grown child? 

Some Thai men represent an overly entitled gender here in the LOS. Boys from an early age are told they are special. What parents need to start doing is to tell their sons:

1. You are nothing special. You become special when you prove yourself to be a worthy person. An exemplary character. A cut above the rest. Someone who gives and does not just take.

2. Your sister is special. She works hard, she is ambitious, and she is not lazy. Prove yourself to be at least equal to her. Women run this country.

3. Respect is not freely given. It must be earned. Go out into the world and earn respect.

4. Make your mark on the world. And pay your own way. All Thai men should be asked to leave home by the age of 20. Unless they are severely handicapped, or have real, true, special needs. 

It's funny you preach this, cuz as far as I can see you would fail point 1 already ????

Ridiculous bashing, based on jealous and superiority complex.

Take a deep good look at yourself.

Edited by alextrat1966
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Henryford said:

You hear some pretty horrible stories in Thailand but this must be one of the worst. Matricide must be one of the worst crimes.

Second in two days. Yesterday someone killed his mother after she refused to give him 100 baht to buy drugs. We read similar over and over again, and often it is because the killer is mentally ill yet allowed to roam free on the streets to be a deadly danger to others. And if we don't read of mother killers, we read over and over again of relatives raping children. Sometimes even teachers doing it.

• Like 1