Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

19 minutes ago, jvs said:

When you do that you will of course also hit other (civilian) targets.

On purpose or not?Who is to say?Time will tell.

When they fire off a lot of missiles in the hope to hit at least something, they are inherently taking into account the very real possibility that one or more missiles are going to hit one or more civilian targets. So I would say the question if they do it on purpose or not is moot, because they obviously don’t care. Either way it shows an utter disregard for the lives of innocent Ukrainian civilians. Orcs will be orcs, no matter what.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

When they fire off a lot of missiles in the hope to hit at least something, they are inherently taking into account the very real possibility that one or more missiles are going to hit one or more civilian targets. So I would say the question if they do it on purpose or not is moot, because they obviously don’t care. Either way it shows an utter disregard for the lives of innocent Ukrainian civilians. Orcs will be orcs, no matter what.

Bucha set the stage for their ongoing mass crimes and murders of civilians

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jvs said:

I think you are just a little off track,according to Reuters the Russians have used the Kinzhal missile only three times during this war.

I have no idea why only three times ,i have to dig some more.

When you look at pictures of the battle field you can see craters just a few meters apart in areas where there are no targets.

That tells me they just fire a lot and hope something will hit a target.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russia-says-it-has-deployed-kinzhal-hypersonic-missile-three-times-ukraine-2022-08-21/

I can only speculate, but I suspect Russia has a very limited stockpile of Kinzhal missiles, and may have difficulty producing more with the sanctions in place.

The same is probably true for other precision weapons, so Russia relies on the old WWII tactic of massive artillery barrages with unguided weapons.  It's effective, if you don't care about civilian casualties.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

We have to put the Ruzzian Orcs' actions in perspective with other things we consider crimes.

For example, some reckless drivers have been charged with murder in Western Europe, and driving recklessly isn't even the same thing as recklessly using weapons that were designed to kill.

If we charge reckless drivers causing deadly accidents with murder, what should we charge the Ruzzians with ?

Is anyone still in doubt that Ruzzian soldiers firing missiles that can't be properly aimed shouldn't be charged at least with attempted multiple homicide ?

We can add aggravating factors, since Ruzzians are informed by their media that the goal is to commit genocide.

Also add acting from base motives, since many Ruzzians fight with the goal to pillage, but since the Ruzzians upped military pay, money also a motive.

To summarize, premeditated murder charges with aggravating factors and base motives seem perfectly justified.

Edited by tgw

5 hours ago, jvs said:

I think you are just a little off track,according to Reuters the Russians have used the Kinzhal missile only three times during this war.

I have no idea why only three times ,i have to dig some more.

When you look at pictures of the battle field you can see craters just a few meters apart in areas where there are no targets.

That tells me they just fire a lot and hope something will hit a target.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russia-says-it-has-deployed-kinzhal-hypersonic-missile-three-times-ukraine-2022-08-21/

I'm not a little off track jvs i posted Russia has used Hypersonic Missiles, i did not say how many or when they were used i said they have been used.

9 minutes ago, tgw said:

We have to put the Ruzzian Orcs' actions in perspective with other things we consider crimes.

For example, some reckless drivers have been charged with murder in Western Europe, and driving recklessly isn't even the same thing as recklessly using weapons that were designed to kill.

If we charge reckless drivers causing deadly accidents with murder, what should we charge the Ruzzians with ?

Is anyone still in doubt that Ruzzian soldiers firing missiles that can't be properly aimed shouldn't be charged at least with attempted multiple homicide ?

We can add aggravating factors, since Ruzzians are informed by their media that the goal is to commit genocide.

Also add acting from base motives, since many Ruzzians fight with the goal to pillage, but since the Ruzzians upped military pay, money also a motive.

To summarize, premeditated murder charges with aggravating factors and base motives seem perfectly justified.

Well invading another country and raping thieving and killing civilians for starters not driving around they don't rape or loot houses.

Ukraine train system attacks may be war crimes, experts say

While Russia claimed that it had targeted the train because it was carrying Ukrainian troops and equipment on Wednesday, an Associated Press reporter on the ground said there was no visible indication that Ukrainian troops were among the dead, who included children. If civilians were the target, experts said Thursday, the attack could be considered a war crime.

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-war-crimes-government-and-politics-0abd99fd89a62042287341e88758d32f

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Ukraine train system attacks may be war crimes, experts say

While Russia claimed that it had targeted the train because it was carrying Ukrainian troops and equipment on Wednesday, an Associated Press reporter on the ground said there was no visible indication that Ukrainian troops were among the dead, who included children. If civilians were the target, experts said Thursday, the attack could be considered a war crime.

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-war-crimes-government-and-politics-0abd99fd89a62042287341e88758d32f

War crime or not ... I'm pretty sure Ruzzia doesn't care at all.

Instead, their media are busy doing this pathetic kind of thing:

https://www.facebook.com/ukraineworld.org/videos/622485665992961/

Edited by tgw

On 8/26/2022 at 8:18 PM, BarraMarra said:

I'm not a little off track jvs i posted Russia has used Hypersonic Missiles, i did not say how many or when they were used i said they have been used.

The thing is, Russia has apparently been, at best, bending the truth about the kinzhal being hypersonic.

Experts say the Russian hypersonic missile Kinzhal is not a 'hypersonic weapon.' Here's why
The missile is not hypersonic in the modern sense.

https://interestingengineering.com/culture/russias-kinzhal-missile-not-hypersonic

• Like 2

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

The thing is, Russia has apparently been, at best, bending the truth about the kinzhal being hypersonic.

Experts say the Russian hypersonic missile Kinzhal is not a 'hypersonic weapon.' Here's why
The missile is not hypersonic in the modern sense.

https://interestingengineering.com/culture/russias-kinzhal-missile-not-hypersonic

Russia has been bending the truth about anything and everything they did since Vlad grabbed power and he has been helped by a very efficient Lavrov & Medveded ... as a joke AKA as the 3 amigos (bandidos)

Edited by Mavideol
  • Like 2

'This guy's already dead, let him burn in hell': Sickening moment pro-Putin war veteran waves SKULL in front of crowd claiming it belongs to Ukrainian who was killed fighting in Mariupol

This is the disgusting moment a pro-Putin war veteran appears to wave the skull of a slain Ukrainian soldier as he threatened the country with oblivion.

Campaigner Igor Mangushev, 36, held what he said was the skull of an Azov regiment fighter killed in Mariupol, south-eastern Ukraine as he addressed a crowd.

The twisted ultranationalist said: 'Why can't there be any reconciliation?

'Ukraine must be de-Ukrainized. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11154153/This-guys-dead-let-burn-hell-Sick-moment-pro-Putin-veteran-waves-Kyiv-soldiers-SKULL.html

Mail.jpg

• Sad 3

I just watched this video on Youtube,i found it to have some

similar aspects of what is going on now.

Lessons not learned?Are some things the same?

I guess the main lesson is,evil will be beaten and then you have

to pay for your wrong doings.

Will we ever see Putin being walked to the gallows ?

Ukrainian forces begin 'shaping' battlefield for counteroffensive, senior US officials say

The US believes the Ukrainian counteroffensive, which has long been anticipated, will include a combination of air and ground operations.

Ukraine indicated Monday morning that the actions were underway.

"Yes, (Ukrainian forces) have started the offensive actions in several directions on the South front towards liberating the occupied territories," Natalia Humeniuk, a spokesperson for Ukraine's Operational Command South, told CNN, adding, "All the details will be available after the operation is fulfilled."

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/08/29/politics/ukraine-shaping-counteroffensive/index.html

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Lots of unconfirmed chatter on twitter and reddit but fantastic news if true:

BREAKING: The counteroffensive on the ground begins. The #Ukrainian Army have broken through the first line of #Russia's defense in #Kherson. Most of the key bridges are rendered defunct, obstructing the supply of heavy #Russian weapons to the temporarily occupied region of Ukraine

https://twitter.com/KyivPost/status/1564190989966778368

While waiting for more official details from the #Kherson region: glory to Ukraine and the Ukrainian Armed Forces!

https://twitter.com/OlenaHalushka/status/1564199760369778696

good hunting !

Can't find the link yet but after news that the Ukrainian forces have broken through the first lines n Russia-held Kherson the lies have already come from the kremlin saying we stopped both attacks and beat off the Ukrainian attacks killing up to 500 of their troops.

Pathetic.

• Like 1

"What the Ukrainians are attempting is to force the Russian forces to withdraw rather than engage in head to head combat." Ukraine counter offensive in Kherson is significant amid reports Russian troops are fleeing Kherson, risk analyst Alex Kokcharov tells Anna Cunningham. --- Times Radio

• Like 2