When Dating a Woman, How Important is Her IQ?

When I considered the importance of a lover with a high IQ, I did not necessarily mean someone like Yoko Ono, although she is talented and intelligent.

image.jpeg.8b38359c61c5e493490050982b11f364.jpeg

She got a bad rap back in the day.

Why, I do not know.

She graduated from Gakushuin University and Sarah Lawrence College, apparently. Both are decent schools. I had always thought that  Sarah Lawrence College was some sort of "finishing" school.  Maybe it was.

John Lennon was very satisfied with her IQ, presumably.

And, she went to his head.

• Confused 1

Still, for Brains and Beauty, few can top Dietrich.

image.thumb.jpeg.ad6704f4c349a580e21d48c1fe25a514.jpeg

If only she were Asian, too, she might be tempting.

Note: This amazing photograph may have been taken by Milton H. Greene, "an American fashion and celebrity photographer and film and television producer, best known for his photo shoots with Marilyn Monroe."  Marilyn was no dummy, either.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

Hedy Lamarr:  Just one more example of an intelligent woman any man here would be proud to have on his arm.

image.jpeg.1661209b900e16ef96c1f624ce5ed0fd.jpeg

Not only was she an inventor, but she also appeared nude in film before this was customary.

This is why many agree that, the smarter the woman, the more exciting in so many ways.

Lamarr was a genius to die for.

If only she had been Asian.....

To the title, very important, if not a 1 night stand.  Even then I need to have some type of stimulating conversation.  As intelligence is sexy.

My relationships are 24/7, so I need intelligent conversation with that person.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

To the title, very important, if not a 1 night stand.  Even then I need to have some type of stimulating conversation.  As intelligence is sexy.

My relationships are 24/7, so I need intelligent conversation with that person.

Besides being 24/7, are your relationships also three times six and four times seven, twenty-eight and eleven?

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Hopefully enough to ignore this drivel. Blocked you but still see your daily nonsense

I also blocked him. But this is for once and interesting question. Luckily it can be answered without reading a long text. I am sure there is such long text, but luckily I don't see it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Why Me said:

I am uncomfortable with women smarter than me. Which has drastically limited my dating options.

Likely she won't want you.

Women want a partner who is on their level or higher. Never lower.

Women with high and very high IQ have difficulties finding a partner because there are not so many men with very high IQs.

And men don't use the same system. Statistically men more or less don't care about which job she has or IQ. 

43 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

If you are here and don't speak fluent Thai how will you know?

It is difficult even if they speak some English to have a "meaningful" conversation with a female here.  Serious talking about general life issues, financial matters, etc. seems pretty rare.

That's great.

Compare that to an intelligent western woman who wants constantly meaningful conversations with you about how you spend your money (= her money).

800px-Allice_schwarzer_I_2010.jpg

3 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Hopefully enough to ignore this drivel. Blocked you but still see your daily nonsense

Ops! That must be terrible for you. Do you know, that you do not have to click the link. You do not have to read what you call drivel and nonsense. That is you own choice. Apparently, you do things against you own will, just to be able to tell people that you don´t want to. Yeah, I guess we all have different way of spending our time on the planet. 

But, can you please enlighten me. What is nonsense and drivel with that he post something in "Pub, Fun & Entertainment & Expat Life"? He just ventilate, that his opinion is women with higher IQ and why. Is it because it do not fit your circle of interest, or? The question is if this is better and more interesting that the 999th question about 90 day reports or how long you can stay on Covid extensions?

Also, if you have problem about the ignore function in the forum? My advice would be the post that in the support channel. ???? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

It is difficult even if they speak some English to have a "meaningful" conversation with a female here.  Serious talking about general life issues, financial matters, etc. seems pretty rare.

Almost, a truer word was never spoken than this utterance of yours. 

As an example of this truism, I suggest that you reread the excellent book, "The World of Suzie Wong". 

In this book, the tart, Suzie, seems to have no idea who Winston Churchill might be. At least, that is, until Churchill's name is properly pronounced in Chinese, and then she understands, immediately. 

Holden was a great actor and a funny fellow, well met. But the short novel is better. 

There are 383 pages in this novel. I lapped them up, several times, when I was young. 

Unless you are completely and absolutely bilingual, then you will never be able to discuss in depth the underlying themes of the greatest novel ever written, 'Crime And Punishment', with your Suzie Wong. 

Years ago, there were a few White Russians floating about in China and Asia who had read Dostoevsky in Russian. But they are now long gone, just like the Sichuan chefs in Jiang Jieshi's army. 

These good Sichuan cooks died one by one, until there were, finally, none. 

They died, gradually, one by one, in Taiwan, like the 10 little Indians in Agatha's novel. 

So, you are correct. And, I don't know of anyone here in Thailand who has both read much of Dostoevsky and can also understand this post. 

There are some, but few and far between. 

Finally, and most importantly, I must add that it really matters little what topics of import you discuss with your GF. If the girl is super smart, then meaningful and fulfilling communication will always be fairly easy. 

And if, on occasion, one is still not satisfied in life, then there is always Thaivisa. 

26 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I have a genius IQ

Lol. Me too. In fact, most of us probably are on this site by our own admission. Then again, you do realise those online tests are junk, right. Einstein and Newton were geniuses... 

Traditionally, you would typically want a girl at or approaching your level of intelligence, but would need to be able to communicate effectively. But I think most blokes come here to get away from all that and like em thick and cute. ????

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

True.  It seems some expats even use a Thai woman's level of English proficiency to determine her intelligence.  This is asinine beyond words.  I've met Thai women with PhD's who don't speak much English.  I've also met bargirls with zero education who speaks excellent English.  When a farang says he can't have meaningful conversation with a Thai female, it's almost always due to the language barrier.  Learn Thai!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

Traditionally, you would typically want a girl at or approaching your level of intelligence, but would need to be able to communicate effectively. But I think most blokes come here to get away from all that and like em thick and cute. ????

Traditionally you would want a woman who could work your farm and produce many babies, and maybe bring some extra land with the marriage. 

The woke last 50 years you consider as 'reality ' has no connection with tradition, and will be gone once the religion of peace has it's way. 

9 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

Einstein and Newton were geniuses... 

Ive  known some of these  geniuses genii? and many couldnt cross a  road without being run over, the real geniuses  are those  people who can instantly  understand ANY subject those bastewarsd who can learn anything ,  just for  fun, theres  nothing they cant understand or learn, those  swines who decide to learn a  language or the piano and after a  few  days    could  play chopins  fantasie  impromptue  blind fold  with their  feet.............you  know the  sort....jealous? yeah damn right I am 

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Ops! That must be terrible for you. Do you know, that you do not have to click the link. You do not have to read what you call drivel and nonsense. That is you own choice. Apparently, you do things against you own will, just to be able to tell people that you don´t want to. Yeah, I guess we all have different way of spending our time on the planet. 

But, can you please enlighten me. What is nonsense and drivel with that he post something in "Pub, Fun & Entertainment & Expat Life"? He just ventilate, that his opinion is women with higher IQ and why. Is it because it do not fit your circle of interest, or? The question is if this is better and more interesting that the 999th question about 90 day reports or how long you can stay on Covid extensions?

Also, if you have problem about the ignore function in the forum? My advice would be the post that in the support channel. ???? 

Please, if possible, do not be overly judgmental nor harsh. Curiosity, and clicking as a result of curiosity, is a crucial part of the learning process.

As well, not all posts on the Internet please everybody, nor should they.

If posts could be posted ONLY if they met the high hurdle of pleasing everybody, then where would we be? 

Speaking of clicking, have you read much of B. F. Skinner? 

Many years ago, Skinner devised his Skinner Box. In his Skinner Box, Skinner put pigeons. He proved that pigeons would peck a key for limited reward, and continue pecking unto death. 

Much of his behavioral research has been adapted to motivate us Humans to act similarly after we attach ourselves to the Internet. 

Therefore, if you wish to ask the question concerning why we click on topics which might not agree with us, maybe this is due to curiosity, combined with our compulsion to peck for limited reward. 

Therefore, do not judge to harshly... For these clickers, just like the pigeon-peckers in a Skinner Box, know not what they do. 

(Please note that much of Skinner's work, his assumptions/hypotheses, have fallen out of favor in recent decades. Yet, peckers still survive, and not only in the lab.) 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Ive  known some of these  geniuses genii? and many couldnt cross a  road without being run over, the real geniuses  are those  people who can instantly  understand ANY subject those bastewarsd who can learn anything ,  just for  fun, theres  nothing they cant understand or learn, those  swines who decide to learn a  language or the piano and after a  few  days    could  play chopins  fantasie  impromptue  blind fold  with their  feet.............you  know the  sort....jealous? yeah damn right I am 

Did you ever participate in an IQ test? I mean a real certified test which takes hours?

Then you would know that the test is not just one test. There are several test. One person might be very good in one test and not so good in another test.

Intelligent people understand things fast - in general. Not every intelligent person is a mathematic genius or someone who can learn instruments fast.

And obviously there is high IQ and very high IQ. Only about 15% of people have an IQ higher than 115. And 2% are higher than 132. And then there are the 0.0xxx% groups. There are not many of them around.

20 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Did you ever participate in an IQ test? I mean a real certified test which takes hours?

Then you would know that the test is not just one test. There are several test. One person might be very good in one test and not so good in another test.

Intelligent people understand things fast - in general. Not every intelligent person is a mathematic genius or someone who can learn instruments fast.

And obviously there is high IQ and very high IQ. Only about 15% of people have an IQ higher than 115. And 2% are higher than 132. And then there are the 0.0xxx% groups. There are not many of them around.

Have you ever noticed that, the higher one's IQ, the more difficult it becomes to communicate with the majority? 

And, just due to various factors, women will always be the majority.