How fast the final curtain can fall.

8 hours ago, still kicking said:

Who is God?

That answer, if I recall correctly was (translated into English): I am who I am … I will be who I will be … and, …  I am who is hath sent me … Yahweh, Elohim, Adonai …

Edited by wwest5829
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Skeptic7 said:

Mark Twain said it best:

“I do not fear death. 

"If a man says he is not afraid of dying, he is either lying or he is a Gurkha."

:- Indian Field Marshal Sam Manekshaw.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Being an atheist doesn't mean one is prevented from doing a "dance around a fire." You can do it at any time that suits especially during the current burning season here.

and even if you are atheist and don't do the dance you still get the burning smell

12 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

I was shocked to read about Ubon Joe passing on. RIP Joe.

He has been a part of many threads that I have read.

It does not need an illness for someone to pass on in this world.

My wife was only 55, very fit and full of energy.

One night, we both went to sleep. She never woke up.

My Thai wife (dr. of medicine) passed away quite young from second hand smoke, as did all her siblings and mother.

Many years later her father (the only smoker) also died from lung cancer. He was a chain smoker.  Wife & kids had to have the next cigarette already lit for him. He smoked all over the whole family every meal time, in the car, everywhere. Even woke up to have 1 or 2 cigarettes every night. 

Many thanks and RIP to Joe and condolences to his family. 

Edited by scorecard
  • Love It 1

I suggest you speak for your self regarding the usefullness of others on this site .

There are many that contribute in a positive way not just Ubon Joe .

However there are many in the same profession as Ubon Joe have a lot to learn .

• Thumbs Up 1

"Youth is the most precious thing in life; It is too bad it has to be wasted on young folks." (George Bernhard Shaw).

I live as fully now, or perhaps even more-so than I ever did as a ruby cheeked youth.

Learning to be in the moment as fully as possible, to let go of should's, oughts, and musts has been a seminal journey to self for me.

To take risks and let myself to see and be seen by others, to laugh every day, to not take self too seriously and to laugh at my self-centredness and take actions to redress this defeatist trait.
To slow down so as to be able to taste life's moments more fully.

To cry as I am touched by life, to speak kindly to myself within, to live honourably, to bend like bamboo to, to smile at others, to be generous of spirit, to love, to strive to be the best I can in each moment and work each day to accept all that comes in life. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Just celebrated a birthday.  Went to BKK and did the usual things and got a pleasant surprise:  Shake Shack opened at Central World close to the Apple Store.  Had the best cheeseburger I have had in a very long time.  It was a great birthday. 

"enjoy the moments for as long you can".  

1 hour ago, Unify said:

You criticize for stating an opinion as fact, then you state your opinion as fact. While it's possible there is a God, it's very unlikely.

But the gods I've heard and read about so far? Too many contradictions and ridiculous claims to take seriously, at all. 

There are currently 4,200 gods. Either 4,199 are wrong or 4,200 are wrong.

(And, to be clear, this is another rhetorical statement for entertainment purposes only)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes, Joe will be sadly missed.

There are a few others who have been pretty quiet recently, including Colin (who was in a wheelchair and a lively contributer) and even Rooster seems to come and go a bit.

Life is nothing but waiting.

You wait to get up, you wait to go to sleep.

You wait to be born, you wait to die.

All your actions are waiting for a next thing.

Eventually waiting to die. You know it will happen.

You are brought up in that way, wait.

As you said, why not begin dancing around a fire

Don wait.

12 hours ago, fittobethaied said:

Happy, you sound like my wife.....assuming and guessing about everything. Of course, you are certainly entitled to your own opinion, but it is unwise for you to state your opinion as fact. Consider this....of all the knowledge in the world, let's modestly say that you are aware of .00000000000001% of it. Have you considered that the true knowledge of God is hidden somewhere in the balance of that, and you just haven't discovered it as yet? Keep searching my friend! Take it from a former "rich gone broke" alcoholic and drug addict, God the Father, Holy Spirit and Jesus are all real and can change your life dramatically when they come into your life. All you have to do is receive Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior, and you will never have to worry about losing your life. You will find eternal life!

But using your exact same arguement, isn't there a chance that in that 0.99999999% that you don't know about fittobethaied is the error of your thinking that you do think there is a God?

13 hours ago, fittobethaied said:

Happy, you sound like my wife.....assuming and guessing about everything. Of course, you are certainly entitled to your own opinion, but it is unwise for you to state your opinion as fact. Consider this....of all the knowledge in the world, let's modestly say that you are aware of .00000000000001% of it. Have you considered that the true knowledge of God is hidden somewhere in the balance of that, and you just haven't discovered it as yet? Keep searching my friend! Take it from a former "rich gone broke" alcoholic and drug addict, God the Father, Holy Spirit and Jesus are all real and can change your life dramatically when they come into your life. All you have to do is receive Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior, and you will never have to worry about losing your life. You will find eternal life!

Complete and utter hogwash. You do not know any of this. Prove it's your god. Prove it's any god. You are fooling yourself with BS. You know NOTHING of an afterlife, so much as eternal life. You're lying to yourself and us, pretending your scaredy-cat security blankie is real. Maybe, by the most infinitesimal chance, it is real...but we don't know and you certainly don't either. Chill out, relax, take a deep breath, THINK...and have a drink????????????????

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, xylophone said:

Oh dear, you might want to stay away from that thread as it's full of Jesus believers/Bible thumpers/miracle workers/mystics and anything else you want to throw into the mix.

The discussions they have on that thread are akin to discussions about, "how many fairies you can fit on a pinhead". Best not go there if you want to retain your sanity.

Don't we know it Tried logic and reason on those woo-sters for years before finally throwing in the towel. The mystics were the worst by far and that's no small accomplishment. 555 ???? 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, still kicking said:

Who is God?

12 hours ago, spambot said:

swissie - You have a talent for words and you paint a subtext many of us all feel after the passing of Ubonjoe, an outpouring from the soul and I recognise that feeling.

I am saddened by the passing of a man I never met, Ubinjoe and I find it difficult to articulate what I feel. All I know is that he changed my life in so many posts while also helping thousands of others while he selflessly did so.

Right! One of the great things about UJ was that you learned a lot from his answers on threads that didn't even concern you.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, fittobethaied said:

OMG!

• Haha 1