Tenant leaves condo in shocking state after not paying rent for 4 months

webfact

The landlord admitted being shocked by the situation and had never envisioned that a well-presented, beautiful young woman would live in such a manner.

They can be as filthy, or more so, than a three-toed ugly old man. Moved into this semi-nice place many moons ago as the previous tenant—a pretty (fairly young), professional (no, not bar girl) was in the process of moving out. What an absolute sty she’d left it in. Needless to say, it was a good few hours before they got it presentable enough. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

Depends where you are; Sukhumvit or Silom no, but you can get a tidy one-bed furnished place in a fairly new development (with pool, gym etc) in a good location in Chiang Mai for 10-12k. 

Luxury, high end for 10-12k??????

It may be nice, but luxury may be stretching it.

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

10,000 baht a month rent a month is the kind of rent you pay at a high-end condominium, 50-75,000 baht will be more like it, and yes, some renters do live in a shocking mess and live the place messy.

High end in compare to a 1-1800 Baht condo (some of my staff pay like that)

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, daveAustin said:

Depends where you are; Sukhumvit or Silom no, but you can get a tidy one-bed furnished place in a fairly new development (with pool, gym etc) in a good location in Chiang Mai for 10-12k. 

Tidy isn't the same as high end

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

10,000 baht a month rent a month is the kind of rent you pay at a high-end condominium, 50-75,000 baht will be more like it, and yes, some renters do live in a shocking mess and live the place messy.

In this case, 'high-end' probably means it was a cupboard on an upper floor of a 'sky box' style residential condo.

17 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Do you really think so?

" refrigerator filled with rotten items and crawling with maggots" 

So why no images of that ? Surely that would support the story more.(better?)

There are these threads quite often here.

There have been worse.

Room Rater gives this one a 4/10 with 0 being perfectly clean, and 10 being trash piled up more than 1 meter. Not that it matters though as you're not getting your deposit returned, whether as a 0 or as a 10.

My guess is the young woman didn't know how to dispose of the trash, or was embarassed to be seen ferrying trash in public (phobia) or was a bit lazy.

How is trash handled in these high rise condos? Are there receptacles on some number of floors, in the parking floors, outside?

21 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

How is trash handled in these high rise condos? Are there receptacles on some number of floors, in the parking floors, outside?

Normally every floor has a garbage room where the things could be thrown away. Really easy process!

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

No much better compared to that, doesn't make it high end.

Show it any Thai labor and they'll classify it as high end.....I think it is subjective

• Thumbs Up 1

Every time I see these stories the first thing that comes to mind is: was the Landlord not giving back the deposit? I have felt a few times wishing I had empties all the bins and any other rubbish I could find after being ripped off by a landlord and not just in Thailand.  I've been hit with the 4x plus normal electricity charge coincidentally the amount of the owed deposit a few times in Thailand.

• Love It 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

they had leased the room for one year to a young woman for 10,000 baht per month. Throughout the past year, the woman had been paying her rent as agreed. However, during the period between February and April, the tenant failed to pay her rent. The owner contacted her to settle the rent arrears or vacate the premise, and the woman agreed to clear her debts in instalments. The owner generously allowed her to do so.

Seems once the breast surgery was done she lost her ability to earn money and fell behind with the rent.

As for the room, well the girl may look beautiful on the outside when sitting at the bar, but she ain't no house cleaner for sure.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Chiang Mai is a bad comparison with Bangkok .

Chalk and cheese