What did you have for breakfast?

BritManToo

9 hours ago, Walker88 said:

We all have different priorities. My greatest pleasure comes from being fit, agile, lacking any aches and pains, being full of energy, full of testosterone, having a powerful immune system, and---if I'm honest---having muscular definition.

Other people prefer to let their taste buds control their behavior, and they're willing to give up the things important to me. To each his own. Certainly I see plenty of expats with 100+ cm waists waddling around from table to bar to table, 'living the dream', and most likely hastening their departure from this brief existence, while feeling pains in the knees or back as they move toward the box or urn. That's their choice.

I never had a sweet tooth, so was never tempted by cakes and pies and candy and ice cream. Not consuming those things isn't any sacrifice. What I do seems to have benefits. I haven't had a common cold this century, and although I did once contract Covid, it lasted one day and my only symptom was pain in my legs that reminded me of the growth spurt years. Some of my health is the result of good genes, some because I wasn't stuffed with antibiotics when I was a kid, and some from my active lifestyle and eating habits.

So you perve on yourself in the mirror for fun

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, kidneyw said:

Half a cup of coffee at 4.00am.

2km walk + 10km run.

Then back for the remaining half cup of coffee with a banana sandwich.

Are they paying you to do that?

Or did you lose a bet or something like that?

But at least, if you day starts like that, then likely it can only get better. 

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

1.5 five-egg omelets. 

Heel of bread, toasted, topped with sunflower oil. 

High-quality iced tea from Sichuan mountain tea plantation. 

No sugar. 

No STINGERS. 

Breakfast taken in the nude. 

AC turned up. 

Ambient room temp 19.5 degrees C. 

Such is breakfast-hour for me in my gilded cage, in this neo-gilded-age. 

Carnivore !      4-5-6 eggs  ( and lots of butter )  with  4 strips bacon   and a can of sardines or a 1/2lb burger

no bread (sugar )  ,,no fruit ( sugar ) banana's are one of the worst .. and that means no fruit juices either

no pasta/rice/beans .. no corn/grains of any kind...  these are  the  heart attack makers

it's the  grains/sugar that causes the inflamation that leads to plaque

Human bodies are designed to be carnivore ..  check out the  "Proper Human Diet"

• Love It 1

How did a thread about breakfast devolve into yet another rant about so called "healthy" food?

I ate massive amounts of unhealthy food all my adult life and it only affected me after I'm too old to care.

You guys can keep your "healthy" options and I'll carry on with tasty junk food till I go up the chimney.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Luuk Chaai said:

Carnivore !      4-5-6 eggs  ( and lots of butter )  with  4 strips bacon   and a can of sardines or a 1/2lb burger

no bread (sugar )  ,,no fruit ( sugar ) banana's are one of the worst .. and that means no fruit juices either

no pasta/rice/beans .. no corn/grains of any kind...  these are  the  heart attack makers

Human bodies are designed to be carnivore ..  check out the  "Proper Human Diet"

Human bodies are designed to be multivores, not exclusively carnivores.

How do you think the cavemen survived without being able to eat wild plants/ roots/ berries etc? Do you think they had tigers or mammoths for breakfast every day?

55 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

How did a thread about breakfast devolve into yet another rant about so called "healthy" food?

I ate massive amounts of unhealthy food all my adult life and it only affected me after I'm too old to care.

You guys can keep your "healthy" options and I'll carry on with tasty junk food till I go up the chimney.

Great post. Now what shall I have this morning? A cuppa Yorkshire Tea first.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Luuk Chaai said:

You have to remember back then in the ages where I suppose you refer to, we did most likely not, eat meat every day, and more likely eat what the season brought us as well. 

And at what ages you refer to, what was the average height, weight and age expectancy? 

How is your physical health at and how old are you? What else do you do to keep your body healthy? 

Edited by Hummin

I'm speaking of yesterday cause we are on Euro time at the moment.

Pre dawn yoga I had half a protein drink and a little filtered water.

Then the rest of the protein drink after practice, fresh fruit juice - orange today, greek yogurt with raw honey, blueberries, and papaya.

Followed by a piece of sourdough and 2 fresh from the chook house poached eggs.

Seeing as I'm now in my 60's I eat far less carbs than I did when young (so not much into oats or sugary cereals with lotsa chemicals and highly processes, or too much bread [which I love, fragrant and fresh????] on advice from doctors and nutritionists).

It's damn hard when we are here to not go crazy with fresh French croissants all the time or a whole baguette with lashings of butter and jam lol ????????

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Human bodies are designed to be multivores, not exclusively carnivores.

How do you think the cavemen survived without being able to eat wild plants/ roots/ berries etc? Do you think they had tigers or mammoths for breakfast every day?

image.png.f3177c7e16555f2783f621701495123b.png

I have returned to a regime of Quaker Instant Oatmeal with honey, blueberries or banana every other day. The regular breakfast on other days is usually a boiled egg, slice of toast with cheese and 3 small cocktail sausages. Dropped my cholesterol reading from 94 to 74 on last checkup.