Anyone seen either of these for sale in Pattaya lately?

In Full Agreement

I know  availability of products  in Thailand comes and goes but if anyone knows where I can buy either of these soups, I appreciate it.

Amazon.com - Campbell's, Condensed Cream of Potato Soup, 10.75oz Can (Pack of 6) - Vegetable Soups - Grocery & Gourmet Food.weblocCampbell's Condensed Tomato Soup - Shop Soups & Chili at H-E-B.webloc

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I haven't tried Tops yet since the location next to Bed and bath was demolished but I've been to all the other Falang stores I know in Pattaya.    (Friendship, Villa, Food Mart, Foodland)    Macro used to have a large stock of the tomato soup and I was confident I'd find it there when I shopped Macro today.    

While the Campbell soup was in the same place I remember it being a few years ago there was nary a can of tomato soup to be found.

Check out Siamburi's, on the darkside.  They show some pictures of condensed soup on their facebook page.  Not Campbells but a british brand, "Bachelors".  They also appear to have Heinz brand.

https://www.facebook.com/SiamburisExpatStore/

They appear to do online order/delivery as well.

https://expatfoodsthailand.com/product-category/tins-soup/

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, shdmn said:

Check out Siamburi's, on the darkside.

https://www.facebook.com/SiamburisExpatStore/

Thanks, I'll give that a try on the phone to ask but I usually find most Brit orientated stores don't carry much from the USA.       

Anyone know anything about the Tops at Central?     Do they possibly carry either one of the products?

7 minutes ago, In Full Agreement said:

Thanks, I'll give that a try on the phone to ask but I usually find most Brit orientated stores don't carry much from the USA.       

Anyone know anything about the Tops at Central?     Do they possibly carry either one of the products?

They appear to have Heinz brand as well.

41 minutes ago, In Full Agreement said:

You can check TOPS online.

Cream of potato is on the list.

Just need to check the local branch by logging in.

https://www.tops.co.th/en/search/cambells soup

• Thanks 1

Out of curiosity:

does someone have a can at hand and can check the label.

I guess it is produced in Selangor/Malaysia.

The fairly cheap prices at the online stores let me think so.

Edited by KhunBENQ

At Villa Market on Avenue, I bought Campbell's clam soup, but I didn't pay attention to the tomato or potato soup. They may have them too.

Edited by Espanol

8 minutes ago, LarryLEB said:

Friendship Supermarket on Pattaya Tai or Villa Market on Second Road.

Friendship definitely doesn't have Campbells tomato soup, I look for it every time I'm there.

On 1/14/2024 at 10:25 PM, In Full Agreement said:

Macro used to have a large stock of the tomato soup and I was confident I'd find it there when I shopped Macro today. 

If you buy by the case you can place an order with the Makro (and I'm guessing other supermarkets) service desks.

5657733f048a736eb1baf90087476bfd.jpg_200x200q90.jpg_.webp.921a7e471bb28f72db58f40a15ffa7e6.webpThere's a rang of all soups on Lazada---probably Shopee as well, in the last year I have been buying more Food items from both of them, usually cheaper 2 day delivery

Campbell's have stopped producing the condensed tomato soup. It is being rebranded as Batchelors but is NOT the same recipe. It is much sweeter. I know my mother in the UK is pretty pi$$ed off by this. She said the next best thing is Heinz reduced sugar tomato soup mixed with a little tomato juice from a carton.

Sad as it is, she is a bit of an aficionado when it comes to her tinned tomato soup and knows what she's talking about. 555

I did see that ebay had some 6 packs of the Campbell's condensed tomato soup selling for £50.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news....

5 hours ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Ever thought of making Tomato soup yourself, not difficult.

I have thought about this often but it is very difficult in Thailand to find good ripe tomatoes, even at Tops, Foodland and Vila. I would like to grow some tomatoes but it is too windy on my deck facing the beach.

• Like 1

Going forward, you might want to keep your eye out for the Crosse and Blackwell version. Supposedly only started producing this in November 23 as a reaction to the withdrawal of Campbell's. This might start filtering it's way through to the ex-pat shops in Thailand. They also make condensed cream of mushroom and condensed cream of chicken.

image.png.20ece80a2c2b13bd0a250e52cf316109.png

2 hours ago, Screaming said:

I have thought about this often but it is very difficult in Thailand to find good ripe tomatoes, even at Tops, Foodland and Vila. I would like to grow some tomatoes but it is too windy on my deck facing the beach.

No need for fresh tomatoes, all you need is a can of tomato puree, 1 small onion, half a carrot, 4/5 rashers of streaky bacon, 125grms butter, flour, milk/water, salt and pepper to taste. 

Chop the onion, bacon and carrot up finely, about 1/4 sq inch is fine, melt the butter over a low heat, fry the bacon first, then add the onion, fry till soft/translucent, add the chopped carrot, keep it well stirred, add flour till all the fat is well mixed in and let it cook until it leaves the sides of the pan, that is a basic roux, slowly add water about 1/3 of a pint, stirring all the time to keep it free of lumps, then add milk until it gets to whatever consistency you like, add the tomato puree to get the colour you like, then let it simmer for 30 mins, add more liquid if it gets to thick, you can add fresh or tinned tomatoes at this point, let it simmer for another 15 mins, now you have a choice either have it like it is or pour it into a food processor and give it a whizz until it is smooth like Heinz.

Same method for Mushroom but leave out the carrot and fry them with the onion.

For Chicken Soup use chicken stock instead of water.