Majority Oppose Re-Criminalising Cannabis in Thailand

webfact

8 hours ago, webfact said:

By then, any existing cannabis plants would have naturally died due to their short lifespan of 90-100 days.

90 to 100 days?  Excuse me but your ignorance is showing.

• Like 1

To be fair, Thailand has gone too far to back paddle in banning weed cafes. There are many ways of controlling this. Eg. Licensing weed cafes, Restricting the number of cafes per area, Tender for cafe licenses, Zoning area for no weed cafe - in hospital, schools..etc. ban on students entering cafe or restricted time for operation of cafe. Restrict only approved product list that can be sold in cafe. More information display for product type to consumers…. Etc 

Edited by NemoH
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

The weed sold by the legal shops doesn't seem to be very strong anyway.  I don't smoke, but tried what was claimed to be a full strength weed brownie, hoping for a reprise of my university-era giggling sessions .... and nothing happened.

The effects from eating cannabis can vary widely for many reasons. 

Actually I think the pot sold in the shops is too strong and is causing some of the problems the straights are concerned about but thats just an old hippies opinion.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, NemoH said:

To be fair, Thailand has gone too far to back paddle in banning weed cafes. There are many ways of controlling this. Eg. Licensing weed cafes, Restricting the number of cafes per area, Tender for cafe licenses, Zoning area for no weed cafe - in hospital, schools..etc. ban on students entering cafe or restricted time for operation of cafe. Restrict only approved product list that can be sold in cafe. More information display for product type to consumers…. Etc 

You are completely correct but who would enforce these rules/laws?

The majority of public feedback? I would suggest that the answer you get is defined by whom you ask. To get a true voice of public opinion it would be necessary to hold a referendum. As in let the people speak.

Except the last referendum results were ignored, weren’t they. Hence MFP is not in power.

This nonsense about cannabis is going to go on and on ad infinitumand frankly, it’s boring. If it isn’t decriminalized then nothing will change, if it is recriminalised, even the PM suggests small amounts will be ignored so as to reduce arrests! In other words, no change.

How many more articles will we read about a situation that isn’t going to change? Let me get back to watching my paint dry.

Edited by wensiensheng
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

The weed sold by the legal shops doesn't seem to be very strong anyway.  I don't smoke, but tried what was claimed to be a full strength weed brownie, hoping for a reprise of my university-era giggling sessions .... and nothing happened.

The edibles on sale are not so good in my limited experience.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Thingamabob said:

.Recreational cannabis users should never have been criminalised in the first place. Rapists and drunk drivers should, however, face the full force kf the law.

59 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

You're comparing a person who smokes weed, which doesn't make people violent but usually calms them, and lets people let off steam in an ever stressful world, to a person who uses control to force himself on a woman, a person who drives a 2 ton vehicle while drunk and which causes thousands of deaths yearly, and a person who takes the chance to enter another country to raise money for himself or family? That is about the dumbest response to a q posting I've seen yet.  Marijuana makes money, for people and the government, and helps people cope

You both mention and condemn drunk driving, what about drug driving?

• Confused 1