Belgian Tourist Dies After Brutal Attack in Hua Hin

9 minutes ago, gravity101 said:

Not sure you understand what trolling is lol. He was obviously trolling, no one really thinks weed makes you aggressive, it doesn't need to be countered. Of course being stoned he may not have seen the obvious. 😆

i know this guy very well, and youre right... the worst kind of troll. his avatar used to be a picture of prayut... gives you an idea of this guy's mindset. if i didnt know better i would say he has daddy issues

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sad story. 

Obviously they know who the attacker is if they state he has a criminal record.

If anyone deserves execution it is someone like this idiot.

• Haha 1

I remember the initial report... and still no update on the attacker... me thinks he already fled to Germany. They still (if possible) need to track down the animal who did this.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, ryandb said:

Isolated incidents, there's thousands of us... They don't report on Bob walked safely down the street all week this week.  I've lived on the islands 4 years not been in 1 fight or even a heated situation and actually never witnessed one outside of the sanctioned MT events.

I've lived in many countries and Thailand is probably the safest I've ever felt, including Britain where I'm from.

why did you leave the other 3?

bob.

4 hours ago, Celsius said:

It is a trash town a lot worse than Pattaya.

Even the beach is dirtier.

Another world class family resort, 

Yikes!

So... foreigners are coming and creating trash towns in Thailand!

• Love It 1

I remember the German guy being mentioned/reported on when he assaulted the British guy. 

Nothing more ie a follow up was forthcoming.  He was known to police as a troublemaker/weirdo. 

Time to do some investigative work and see what their result was

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

including a significant operation on his birthday

Very Detailed account of the operation date, but what about the assailant, later identified as a German national with a criminal record and ties to a local fight club, also attacked a British man the same night? Just leaves us to ponder how much he paid the lunch man to get off...... Valkenborg's dead and Joe Ferrari has another super car in his garage 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gravity101 said:

no one really thinks weed makes you aggressive,

Sadly after generations of misinformation and being equated with far more serious drugs like heroin, cocaine, or meth there is a shockingly large number of people who believe getting blind drunk is fine, but that using cannabis is somehow dangerous and amoral. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

do security guards there also kick farang in the head when they are on the ground ?

probably...........if they've been shooting their drunken mouths off and challenging everyone to a fight. The thing about Thailand is if you go looking for trouble you'll very likely find it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Jackbenimble said:

Not a single mention of what happened to his attacker? Makes me wonder what ever happened to journalism?

Always the same, what happened to the Swiss guy? or the Brit that killed the Russian? To name two recent cases

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Oliver Holzerfilled said:

"His close friend, Danny Lemmens, was by his side during his final hours,"

Good on his mate.  But where was the "Thai girlfriend?"  🤔

Quite possibly in Thailand as Mr. Valkenborg appeared to pass away in Belgium.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, bob smith said:

When are we all going admit that Thailand can be a dangerous place to live?

Personally I have never had any physical trouble myself, perhaps because I am quite a big fella and look a bit intimidating, but I have personally witnessed many violent altercations between locals and expats alike over the years.

The islands in Thailand are particularly dangerous as they are mostly run by influential mafia families.

Always remember that Thailand isn't some kind of Asian utopia. It is just like anywhere else in the world, and you must always be on your guard in case the worst should happen.

bob.

Yes and they all say Philippines is the dangerous place.

I have never had any problem in the Philippines at all , security guards and police on every corner 

Thailand is more dangerous in my opinion 

21 minutes ago, Jackbenimble said:

probably...........if they've been shooting their drunken mouths off and challenging everyone to a fight. The thing about Thailand is if you go looking for trouble you'll very likely find it.

But this elderly man didn't ,he was hit from behind then continuous bashed to the head 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

when a man struck him from behind, continuing to beat him even after he fell.

happened to me at a club in CM...sucker punched me--security guys..broke my glasses...gravel embedded in my arms

i left a nice review online with the pics...seems that club no longer exists.....all over about where i parked my mbike on street

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Yes and they all say Philippines is the dangerous place.

I have never had any problem in the Philippines at all , security guards and police on every corner 

Thailand is more dangerous in my opinion 

by all means..send us a post card after you escape your self imposed prison sentence in the toilet of thailand/patts

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, bob smith said:

When are we all going admit that Thailand can be a dangerous place to live?

Personally I have never had any physical trouble myself, perhaps because I am quite a big fella and look a bit intimidating, but I have personally witnessed many violent altercations between locals and expats alike over the years.

You should be more worried about fellow foreigners than the locals. Like the guy in this article, a German going around punching people. We hear ever time a local taxi driver goes nuts and kills a foreigner, but over the years there has been a constant stream of often grisly murders between foreigners that quickly fall off the radar. And we are by far the minority population in this country. 

• Agree 1

A post linking to a forbidden source has been removed

16. The Bangkok Post, Khaosod, Pattaya Mail and the Phuket News do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on ASEAN NOW. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to the Bangkok Post, Khaosod, Pattaya Mail and the Phuket News publications will be deleted from the forum. These restrictions are put in place by the above publications, not by ASEAN NOW. In rare cases, forum administrators or the news team may use these sources under special permission.