Monthly budget in Thailand

susanlea

12 minutes ago, susanlea said:

When you die you can't live in a house.

I retired early, and went with the 'family' life, after playing sexpat for awhile (no P4P).  Gets boring. 

Family life ... something I didn't do before (no kids) and it was 25 yrs of party & thrill seeking till retirement. 

So wife, kid, dog, house, all the things most do the first 25 yrs of adulthood.   But I never grew up, those first 25 yrs of adulthood, so did here, after retirement.   

Wife, now, being 22 yrs my junior, hence the house, solar & EVs, so she's set for quite some time, as all new.

Why the monthly bills structured to be silly inexpensive.  Kid's out of Uni, self employed, hooked up and living her life @ Krung Thep, so I'm on retirement # 2 :cheesy:

Actually did everything I ever wanted to do before I retired.  Now the family thing is checked off, so this is all new to me :cheesy:

Edited by KhunLA

8 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

sounds more posh than Bangkok !

No, that's the name of the metro area.  She doesn't live in Bangkok Yai or Noi.  Actually, keeps a condo at Victory Monument area, and just moved back into her townhouse at Rangsit.

So Krung Thep was just a general area, as many wouldn't have a clue where Rangsit is.  Rangsit more a suburb of Krung Thep, or so referred to on wiki.

Most people think Bangkok is; Suk, Asok & Silom :cheesy:

Edited by KhunLA

2 hours ago, Robert Paulson said:

I don’t eat cheese. I stopped eating it due to a sinus issue I had years ago. I should say dairy, not cheese. I stopped eating dairy. I was exercising a ton in the years I was eating dairy. I had man tits and a belly. Not the worst but I hated it. I dropped the dairy. My sinus issue went away and I lost a ton of weight and I seriously cannot even gain it back now if I tried. I will pm you my key to almost negative food bill in Thailand. Like seriously. I know it’s unbelievable but maybe you’ll believe it when you read it. 

Your diet is very similar to mine. I agree about weight issues. Same here.

pls pm me to Robert, happy to be on this mailing list 😂

Anyone remember Canarysun. His claim to fame was he bragged that he lived on 10,000 baht/mo in Pattaya. He walked everywhere, cooked at home, no booze, no AC, a treat for him was a 10 baht ice cream at KFC.

I'd say a single guy could live pretty well on 30K/mo for necessities  as long as you had a side account for the unexpected and things like travel.

• Agree 2

20 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Anyone remember Canarysun. His claim to fame was he bragged that he lived on 10,000 baht/mo in Pattaya. He walked everywhere, cooked at home, no booze, no AC, a treat for him was a 10 baht ice cream at KFC.

I'd say a single guy could live pretty well on 30K/mo for necessities  as long as you had a side account for the unexpected and things like travel.

Decent living with Kitchen facilities you cant get below 15 000 - 18 000,- a month. 800 baht electric and water  additional.

Decent quality food for home cooking 12 000

1500 a month for gym

29 300,-

9 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Decent living with Kitchen facilities you cant get below 15 000 - 18 000,- a month. 800 baht electric and water  additional.

Decent quality food for home cooking 12 000

1500 a month for gym

29 300,-

Gym 890 baht a month. Cooking unsure.

37 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

A non drinker who doesn't need "company" a lot can easily live on 25,000 to 30,000. I found a nice place with pool and gym 8,000. Walking distance to beach. It is kids, cars, expensive hobbies that add on. Really just a mindset. At 19yo I lived on eggs and noodles and had fun. 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, AnotherOneHere said:

Because you said you live on a social security alone while in Australia and a $15 a week for food. And everybody was wondering how is that even possible.

Make up more stories somebody dumb enough might even believe you and don't forget to take you medicine 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Can I ask you what a fake wife is? I am married to a Thai woman, and she is definitely not fake. Now tell me what you are referring to.

Just maybe, you should think before you post.

Usually an age gap, money is involved in the relationship as an incentive, house, car, motorbike, expenses, even a monthly wage isn't unusual. Can just look at the two people and can see.

Your wife is different yes?

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

I would guess those claiming to spend the most and looking down their noses at those that don't spend as much are on the tightest budgets. 

Like people bragging about being rich. It has been my experience, that one thing rich people don't do is brag about being rich. 

True there, often those who talk about money don't have it

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

i make my own, shops add syrup for flavour, for a berry smoothie you have to add sugar, i add 3 tablespoons which is equivalent of the taste of the high fructose syrup 

What’s in your smoothies? I used to make milk based smoothies back in my man tits days. I kinda miss them so what I do now is when I have a batch of bananas going bad I freeze them and then go buy some unsweetened soy milk. Now soy milk isn’t my fav thing to be consuming to be honest but I must say the smoothies turn out quite good. Naturally sweetened with the slightly over ripe frozen bananas. 

Edited by Robert Paulson

11 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

What’s in your smoothies? I used to make milk based smoothies back in my man tits days. I kinda miss them so what I do now is when I have a batch of bananas going bad I freeze them and then go buy some unsweetened soy milk. Now soy milk isn’t my fav thing to be consuming to be honest but I must say the smoothies turn out quite good. Naturally sweetened with the slightly over ripe frozen bananas. 

I do 2 types:

Banana smoothie, 2-3 frozen farang bananas, ripe, 300ml carton soy milk. I wait until bananas are ripe then peel and freeze, no need for added sugar.

Berry smoothie, frozen strawberries, mulberries, cranberries (prefer these over mixed berries), 3 tablespoons of white sugar this matches the sweetness of high fructose syrup from shop smoothies.

Banana smoothie is like a healthy ice cream if it's thick, depends on the size of farang bananas, some much bigger than others