Kuwaiti man assaulted in Phuket after insulting Thais (video)

webfact

Who knows.

"Insulted" can mean saying "I don't want a f'ing taxi" or saying no with the wrong tone after being asked for the 321st time that day.

I treat these people like glass and don't see / respond to them at all. For the most part it works but sometimes you get an angry one that apparently requires a response.

Or maybe the guy was just an a'hole.

Question

Do grab and bolt operate in patong? I never go there but recently heard some vlogger say you can't get grab and bolt in Phuket, yet they are everywhere. His vlog was in Patong which makes me wonder if that is a no go zone for these services?

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, sikishrory said:

"Insulted" can mean saying "I don't want a f'ing taxi" or saying no with the wrong tone after being asked for the 321st time that day.

Simply objecting to being scammed can end with a beat down with these types.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

31 minutes ago, thesetat2013 said:

The Kuwaiti man really needs to file that police report. So these thugs do not do this again to someone else over a simple word exchange. I understand Kuwaitis arrogance. But it does not dismiss the fact they beat him unconscious. Violence this way should never be permitted especially when the Thai men started it. I realize drunk and obnoxious behavior could set someone off but to continue beating someone until they pass out is serious. They need to change the laws so people like this can be. prosecuted without the injured party filing a complaint. 

This is S.E. Asia...can't deal with it, then leave.  They do not mess around here.  Been like this for thousands of years.  Get use to it.  

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Simply objecting to being scammed can end with a beat down with these types.

Where is the evidence that the Thais were trying to scam him?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Some sympathy for the Thai guys.....it must be incredibly frustrating at times, being exposed to morons like this day in day out...........but you have to be smarter if you intend to rough them up.

• Agree 1

....Otajbi insulted Thai people loudly while intoxicated. 

Kuwaitis cannot handle alcohol. At home they are forced to live abstinently and in Thailand they get completely drunk without a limit, with the result that they then behave like the last a..holes. I personally experienced on Emirates flights that the drunk Kuwaitis became real safety risks on the plane.

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

witnessed this type of thing from thais over and over again. 

Considering that this is Thailand where 99.9% of the people are Thai, it's hardly bloody surprising.   

"witnessed this type of thing..."

How come you're always there to witness these attacks over and over again?

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Considering that this is Thailand where 99.9% of the people are Thai, it's hardly bloody surprising.   

Come on. We see multiple stories of Thais breaking the law every day. They must all be criminals. 😂

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Come on. We see multiple stories of Thais breaking the law every day. They must all be criminals. 😂

Yes, it's the same in the UK, US, Australia and Europe, where there are multiple stories of Britons, Yanks, Aussies and Europeans doing "this sort of thing" every day but, for some posters, life isn't worth living without a bit of daily Thai-bashing!

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Sad 2

Kuwaiti might have behaved like an A**H***, but it's just words, and responding by eventually inflicting some serious brain damage, trauma,coma, you name it...is out of proportion. Plus, for many of those Thai dudes, anything is a good excuse to act like an animal and beat the lights out of someone, in a cowardly way most of the times (2 or 3 or 4 or more against 1). Pathetic.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

The Kuwaitis are well known for their arrogance. Such actions dont surprise me as they feel they are above everyone else. There are some decent ones of course but the majority have the attitude.

If you think Kuwaitis are bad, try Saudis, spent 18 months offshore from Dammam attempting to get these guys up to speed on equipment.  Maintenance??? Get manufacturer, Breakdown ??  Get manufacturer.  Safety procedures..........   forget it.  Safety officer were Egyptian and called names, Safety guy said his ancestors had mapped the heavens these camel (cannot print) are ????????.

29th Dec, 2014 stepped out a chopper saying I will never come here again, kept my promise.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just don't go to Phuket, nor Pattaya. if you come here for Pu$$y, fly in for 5 days and stay between  Nana and Thong Lor. And go back happy after you have experienced 95% of the beauty of the Land of smiles.

• Haha 1

On 8/16/2024 at 8:09 AM, Tropicalevo said:

Unfortunately, it does not take much to insult some Thais.

Just one look
That's all it took, hey
Just one look
That's all it took, woah

With thanks to Linda Ronstrad

Same in any UK, or even German (involving me once) pub. Or anywhere I guess.

"OI! Who you expletive screwin'!?"

4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes, it's the same in the UK, US, Australia and Europe, where there are multiple stories of Britons, Yanks, Aussies and Europeans doing "this sort of thing" every day but, for some posters, life isn't worth living without a bit of daily Thai-bashing!

it's not thai bashing as you assume..it's fact that we read regularly that Thais attack foreigners 2 on one, 3 on one and more. They are like pack dogs, weak as p_ss if one on one. Please don't try to insult our intelligence with your members ridicule every time.  How about adding something constructive to your comments.  :w00t:

• Like 1