Best heart test in Thailand

Before anyone goes on about speak to your doctor I have spoken to my doctor (in Australia ) and I won't mention his pathetic attitude and not taking my illness'seriously 

What I need when I go to Thailand next month is a real type  heart test 

Now this year  I have echocardiography,EKG and blood tests (Triptonin) but I need a test that can check out my heart it may be called a CT scan?

I have also had a liver ultrasound and body ultrasound and kidney check and colonoscopy 

I want my arteries checked to see if any blockages ,would that be a CT scan?

I don't want that angio gram where they put tubes in 

I have been getting slight dull pain in the left upper chest ,I'm sure it's a heart related 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Haha 1

Jeez, there must be 20 different types of heart tests.  Just go to a private hospital and get the package.  As far as the cost.  How much is your life worth?  Peace of mind?
Edited by bkk6060
  • Confused 1

i did the Exercise Stress Test at Bumrungrad, as a separate thing, not part off the Health Screening Package where they do all sorts of stuff (including the EST).  it was 10,000thb.  that's just a data point for you.  not saying it's the best place.

i'm also interested in the artery calcium scan, will probably do that in the next year or so.  let us know what you find out there.

10 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Thankyou !😂

Any of the Bangkok top hospitals would be good.  It depends are where you are going in Thailand.  We are assuming you are coming to BKK.  

The second-tier hospitals are not bad either. They all like to make money, so they will perform any test that you want.

I think this may help you

https://www.bnhhospital.com/package-promotion/2c1u

9 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Coronary cslcium CT can be done at any large hospital. There are promotional packages from time to time. 

I just had that done at the chest institute in Nonthaburi. I think it was about 4000 baht. But i have have health cover for it. 

Samitivej sukhumvit. years ago I used Dr apishai (spelt incorrecty). 

I suggest you have an echocardiagram on your heart and check the Ejection function to see if its in normal range. That ultrasound will check the whole heart. but critical to see if EF is in normal range or not. At bumrungrad they get the young technician to do the echo. At samitivej sukhumvit branch (close to phrong pong bts) the cardiologist dr does the echo. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

This is a great example of people overestimating the seriousness of their condition.

Start with the hospital that is most convenient unless you are facing imminent surgery. An echocardiogram is a good place to start. You can get a contrast CT but if your EF is OK on the echo they will not suggest it.

Doctors all over the world are familiar with early congestive heart failure. Just let them do their thing. Micro managing will just piss them off.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Thankyou !😂

Have you had any kinds of tests at all? How about a blood panel to check your cholesterol and triglycerides? Have you done that recently? There is the stress test that can be done and the non-invasive coronary calcium test. Thinking and worrying about it does not help and can actually increase the sense of pain (personal experience). If the tests prove ok, you will stop worrying about it and the sense of discomfort will decrease. I had this issue with a testicular cyst - kept thinking about it and over time it became painful. Went to the doc, did ultrasound and it was a benign cyst. Stopped worrying about is and the "Pain" went away (in fact these cysts rarely cause pain). I still have it. Its the psychosomatic effect. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DavisH said:

Have you had any kinds of tests at all?

14 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Now this year  I have echocardiography,EKG and blood tests (Triptonin) but I need a test that can check out my heart it may be called a CT scan?

I have also had a liver ultrasound and body ultrasound and kidney check and colonoscopy 

21 minutes ago, cjinchiangrai said:

This is a great example of people overestimating the seriousness of their condition.

Start with the hospital that is most convenient unless you are facing imminent surgery. An echocardiogram is a good place to start. You can get a contrast CT but if your EF is OK on the echo they will not suggest it.

Doctors all over the world are familiar with early congestive heart failure. Just let them do their thing. Micro managing will just piss them off.

That's how my father felt until he died of sepsis because the doctor couldn't be bothered to follow up on his test results. Then his kidney stones dropped and caused a blockage, he was yellow and bloated when he died -- all avoidable. 

If he pushed for the follow-up, the doctor might actually have glanced at his test results before he died.

only you are truly responsible for your medical care. If you think you are getting the short end of the stick, say something. you don't need to be peat, but you do need to be assertive.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Just go to Bumrungrad and tell them to test your heart thoroughly.

And when you think it's all done, then the final test comes when you see their invoice. 😉 

I was told by them that my death was imminent. Here I am now at 81 and never had an attack and I did survive the invoice attack.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Before anyone goes on about speak to your doctor I have spoken to my doctor (in Australia ) and I won't mention his pathetic attitude and not taking my illness'seriously 

What I need when I go to Thailand next month is a real type  heart test 

I want my arteries checked to see if any blockages ,would that be a CT scan?

I don't want that angio gram where they put tubes in 

I have been getting slight dull pain in the left upper chest ,I'm sure it's a heart related 

When it comes to the heart sadly we are faced with the limits of medical knowledge, since the only way to determine if you have any blockage in an artery is for doctors to stick a needle in your arteries and see if they can find anything, also known as  Cardiac catheterization.

No amount of EKGs or CT scans can reliably determine if you have a blockage anywhere. Only cardiac catherization could do that, and the procedure itself is so dangerous that it's only used in very particular circumstances.

Sad but true.

Edited by Cameroni
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Coronary cslcium CT can be done at any large hospital. There are promotional packages from time to time. 

Is this the test where they inject a contrasting agent? 

If so, I had this for my liver at Chula and I remember it being very reasonable. 

3 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

I got mine done in Bangla Road last week.

i rang the bell and the girls all confirmed I have a good heart.

Well done man, your sex tourist jokes never get old

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

I know a young guy who actually did a heart operation in Bumingrad hospital, he is still alive so I guess that's not a bad option then.

Just keep in mind that the surgeon is not the one doing the diagnosis.

A contrast CT should be about 20k. After that you are looking at catheters.