Huge markup on imported foods. Why?

giddyup

40 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

The Houthi's  from Yemen are attacking ships in the Red Sea , just in the

news , they attacked a British oil tanker...

regards Worgeordie

Yeah, well, the Israelis already sorted them out I believe. But is all freight being diverted via the Cape? I very much doubt it. Hey, Houthis, leave my cheese alone!

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Maybe, but that is still 60 less than Aussie gals  !

They show a photo of 43 kilos but are 60 kilos. I don't like to have to send the dogs out to search for the clitoris, which hides under folds of fat. 

For the same reason, I wouldn't want an American woman. 

But the American also comes prepackaged with a mouth spewing hate and nonsense. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Please get out more, you are embarrassing yourself.

Ok, I am in Phuket.

we have British, Italian, Japanese, German, Russian, Italian, Korean, French, Turkish, Arabian, Swedish, American, Brazilian, Indian, Thai, Malaysian and Vietnamese restaurants.

If Australian food was not terrible how come there is not a single Australian restaurant here, or any where else in Thailand or probably the world? 

I will tell you why.

Because it is krap.Bogan food.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gobbler said:

They show a photo of 43 kilos but are 60 kilos. I don't like to have to send the dogs out to search for the clitoris, which hides under folds of fat. 

For the same reason, I wouldn't want an American woman. 

But the American also comes prepackaged with a mouth spewing hate and nonsense. 

Yeah, never quite sure if it was a wrinkle, and remember to tie your ankle to the bedpost.

Why would you want imported food? People are buying cereal from the USA, which is full of poisons. You're better off purchasing European versions, where much of the poison in US products is illegal. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Luuk Chaai said:

when the shops in Hua Hin stock up on WestGold butter  .   you have to move quick ....  it flies off the shelves

I always buy 10 at a time

Allowrie is an old OZ / NZ brand. I bought many of their products from supermarkets in Singapore for years. Always good quality. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, scorecard said:

Allowrie is an old OZ / NZ brand. I bought many of their products from supermarkets in Singapore for years. Always good quality. 

Horrid butter to my taste, along with Kiwi Anchor. Colonial era crap.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

Ok, I am in Phuket.

we have British, Italian, Japanese, German, Russian, Italian, Korean, French, Turkish, Arabian, Swedish, American, Brazilian, Indian, Thai, Malaysian and Vietnamese restaurants.

If Australian food was not terrible how come there is not a single Australian restaurant here, or any where else in Thailand or probably the world? 

I will tell you why.

Deflection. Have you ever tasted any of the foods I mentioned?

Why do you think Australian beef in the string of restaurants you mention is sold at a premium?

We don't have Australian restaurants, we adopt cuisine from other countries just like Phuket does.

A properly made Australian beef sausage is as good as any Cumberland, boerewors, chorizo, bratwurst or andouille. You've probably only eaten mass-produced stuff, which I agree isdreck.

11 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

Ok, I am in Phuket.

I will tell you why.

Curry and chips. Traditional English food.

9 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Deflection. Have you ever tasted any of the foods I mentioned?

Why do you think Australian beef in the string of restaurants you mention is sold at a premium?

We don't have Australian restaurants, we adopt cuisine from other countries just like Phuket does.

A properly made Australian beef sausage is as good as any Cumberland, boerewors, chorizo, bratwurst or andouille. You've probably only eaten mass-produced stuff, which I agree isdreck.

Ah, right.

so there is no Australian cuisine.

But you have farms like nearly every other country has.

So in 250 years your lazy women have not come up with anything.

i know you export raw ingredients, a bit like your mining. Sell dirt to smarter countries to turn into products that they then sell back to you.

You should be ashamed of yourselves. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Why are you focusing on that? What has my profile photo to do with the topic? But maybe you are suffering from a lower capacity to understand, so the topic discussed goes far over your head.

Looks like you just ate the topic!

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Gobbler said:

There isn't always a direct link with weight, there was an older agogo lady in Diamond agogo 35kg, her beef curtains must have been 5kg

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

There isn't always a direct link with weight, there was an older agogo lady in Diamond agogo 35kg, her beef curtains must have been 5kg

You can always be counted on. 

20 minutes ago, bradiston said:

All same owner.

Allowrie, Anchor, Bega, Mainland....

Then there will be deals to produce products under licence, with the products not made to the same standard as in your home country.

Look at the Allowrie ingredients and you'll see things such as Butter oil, milk powder and natural flavouring. 

Similarly with Carnation....Brand name acquired, but product not same.

41 minutes ago, bradiston said:

I'd agree re the Allowrie... Nasty taste and the aftertaste is no better.  Nowt wrong with NZ Anchor products tho. 

Canna beat Mainland cheese either.  Beats Coon cheese hands down

1 minute ago, Korat Kiwi said:

I'd agree re the Allowrie... Nasty taste and the aftertaste is no better.  Nowt wrong with NZ Anchor products tho. 

Canna beat Mainland cheese either.  Beats Coon cheese hands down

When in Pattaya I buy Siamburi's no name. Well it does have a name but not one I recognise. I'm in Philippines so it's Anchor. There are some euro brands but twice the price. On wholewheat, I cover it in a thick layer of Philadelphia cream cheese. Then either mortadella or pastrami on top. Jalapenos and black olives to finish off. But don't cook with it!

31 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Looks like you just ate the topic!

Might do, but It will still not be very relevant, right? But, I know. It was the worst stock photo I could find. 😉 

1 hour ago, MalcolmB said:

Ok, I am in Phuket.

I will tell you why.

Prime Burger say they make their burgers from Aussie beef, I think they were voted No1 burger on the island, 

55 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

Ah, right.

so there is no Australian cuisine.

But you have farms like nearly every other country has.

So in 250 years your lazy women have not come up with anything.

i know you export raw ingredients, a bit like your mining. Sell dirt to smarter countries to turn into products that they then sell back to you.

You should be ashamed of yourselves. 

I've never been to Australia, but I do know their beef is world class. I found this easy, so I'm guessing they do have decent food there...............https://www.australia.com/en/things-to-do/food-and-drinks/guide-to-australian-cuisine.html.

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

Might do, but It will still not be very relevant, right? But, I know. It was the worst stock photo I could find. 😉 

You just wanted to be honest without exposure

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Prime Burger say they make their burgers from Aussie beef, I think they were voted No1 burger on the island, 

Most restaurants, burger bars etc are run by the real Australians, or should I call them by the ocker mob new Australians or <deleted>