New Site Feedback

Tech Doctor

That RobertoBlack font used in the right-hand column is really nasty and hard to read when also made bold as it currently is. Looks much nicer in normal weight, though you could push the font size up a point.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

14 hours ago, KittenKong said:

That RobertoBlack font used in the right-hand column is really nasty and hard to read when also made bold as it currently is. Looks much nicer in normal weight, though you could push the font size up a point.

I agree, not pleasing to the (my) eye...Make a little bigger and not so bold. Even a different colour would be good, blue perhaps...:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Tech Doctor said:

These are default, they can be changed.

TD

Hi TD,

I'm assuming your comment is in reply to the post numbers having disappeared?

I know the upgrade is something that's ongoing, but can you tell me where it can be changed?

I've had a root around in my settings, but so far have been unable to find anything that refers to it?

53 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Notifications and right column items remain bold even after viewing for me using Chrome.

Techdoctor is requesting the change and the bold will go away sometime after 3 pm or so.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Techdoctor is requesting the change and the bold will go away sometime after 3 pm or so.

Indeed the bold has all gone - but it served a purpose before - once you read it used to be turned off.  Now there is no way to know what notifications are new without a good memory.  :saai:

Edited by lopburi3

2 hours ago, Tech Doctor said:

Yes bold re added for unread.

TD

Actually TD, mine are bold when new and stay bold even after I've opened them.

This applies whether I open the Notification box and click from there, or open the Notification box, click "View all notifications" and click from there.

See attached screenshot - all of these have been opened several times.

Win 10, Chrome 60

Capture19.JPG

5 minutes ago, RichCor said:

My Win10 Chrome Browser is correctly rendering the 'Bell' notifications popup read status.

The "View all notifications" page view, as VBF stated, is only showing bold, regardless of the read status.  

Just checked again.... mine is now behaving exactly as @RichCor says - IE correctly rendering the 'Bell' notifications popup read status but "View all notifications" page view, only showing bold, regardless of the read status.  

@Tech Doctor Is something updating overnight to cause these changes in behaviour?

Edited by VBF

1 minute ago, VBF said:

Is something updating overnight to cause these changes in behaviour?

It appears a simple patch, scheduled to happen over the weekend, that was supposed to fix a couple of bugs turned into a much larger and unexpected system upgrade project.  The commercial forum software authors seem to have made some not-so-minor changes to different parts of the software code and CSS descriptors controlling how they get rendered.

It will take quite a while for TD to go through and find all the 'changes' and correct the CSS code.

I'd make some suggestions, but at this point he's more likely to throw something at me (and have it actually hit me).

24 minutes ago, RichCor said:

It appears a simple patch, scheduled to happen over the weekend, that was supposed to fix a couple of bugs turned into a much larger and unexpected system upgrade project.  The commercial forum software authors seem to have made some not-so-minor changes to different parts of the software code and CSS descriptors controlling how they get rendered.

It will take quite a while for TD to go through and find all the 'changes' and correct the CSS code.

I'd make some suggestions, but at this point he's more likely to throw something at me (and have it actually hit me).

You or he would probably be doing us all a favour by throwing something HEAVY at the software vendors :w00t:   Why does this picture :cowboy: come to mind?

1 hour ago, balo said:
The Android app now shows html code mixed with text. 《br》1 between the lines.

I don't see that on the app I am using. Which version are you using.
There are two old ones that have not been updated.

Sent from my SM-T231 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
Edit: The latest version is this one. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.quoord.tapatalkthaivisaa.activity

Edited by ubonjoe

I am normally using the newer version on my tablet .  

But I also have the old android app installed and its working fine  . So the newer version show br between the lines.   

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I don't see it on the newest version

Neither do I , it's gone now .  Maybe it only lasted for 3 days after the upgrade .

Version 5.1.55 (build 100185)  

Not sure if this has been mentioned previously as the thread has gotten quite long, but I notice there's no header section that allows a direct return to the general forum contents page. This was very useful before, and at present I need to backtrack slowly through several subforums to reach the general contents menu. Hopefully this is in the pipeline and will be reinstated.