Thai police visiting foreigners at home, asking for yet more personal info via new controversial form

webfact

9 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

Go google , not ask me I did as you know Thais are very lazy when talking and like to use short words 

Someone started to build atwo story house ran out of money and said

'Bung a low' roof on it.??

Indian word, maybe Bengal area.

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, georgemandm said:

Go google , not ask me I did as you know Thais are very lazy when talking and like to use short words 

Ah, another brilliant piece of writing from one who obviously speaks fluent Thai, knows all the shortcuts used and that the Thai people are lazy when speaking.  I hope you Thai is better than your English, otherwise you will be in the deep end if not.

Now seeing you have problems in knowing the origins of words, and cannot answer questions put to you,  I will help you with bungalow.  It originated in India so there you have learnt something today, it hasn't been a loss after all.  :wai:

• Like 2

If immigration did that in the US or EU, the progressive media outlets and various government leaders would immediately be screaming, "Racist" as loud and shrill as they can. 

Here in the LOS, it's all taken in stride. 

15 hours ago, connda said:

If immigration did that in the US or EU, the progressive media outlets and various government leaders would immediately be screaming, "Racist" as loud and shrill as they can. 

Well, that the half of it, the SJWs are total mind benders, check out this video if you wanna see an example of the state of the american nation.  It is actually worth sitting through the entire video, it explodes quite quickly. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, connda said:

US/EU are not destinations attracting 'long stay tourists' (aka economic migrants) en masse, let alone allow them to stay 'indefinitely' through frequent visa renewals.

Edited by nemrut
  • Like 1

Farang... a word I have been informed was originally used  to denote the French  colonialists in surround territories but has eventually come to mean  caucasion people. No differently than Thai ues other words to  denote the origin of  people from other origins. If  Farang causes sensitivity then  consider the  N.... word for  people of  African descent.

If there is one word that does  make me feel uncomfortable it is the common signage in  BKK that uses  " Alien".

:sorry:

• Like 1

On 10/21/2016 at 9:55 AM, Thailand said:

This appears to have stopped as quickly as it started, anyone been visited recenly?

Good question that goes unanswered, as usual. Anyone had a visit ??

On 29/10/2016 at 3:40 PM, overherebc said:

Someone started to build atwo story house ran out of money and said

'Bung a low' roof on it.??

Indian word, maybe Bengal area.

'bung another snag on the barbie'.   now I wonder where this would have come from mate?

20 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Farang... a word I have been informed was originally used  to denote the French  colonialists in surround territories but has eventually come to mean  caucasion people. No differently than Thai ues other words to  denote the origin of  people from other origins. If  Farang causes sensitivity then  consider the  N.... word for  people of  African descent.

If there is one word that does  make me feel uncomfortable it is the common signage in  BKK that uses  " Alien".

:sorry:

The Philippines use it also, no doubt a left-over from their former colonial masters.   (from south of the Canadian border)

On ‎30‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 0:09 PM, jcisco said:

Well, that the half of it, the SJWs are total mind benders, check out this video if you wanna see an example of the state of the american nation.  It is actually worth sitting through the entire video, it explodes quite quickly. 

A typical contrived  piece of meaningless  mind  numbingdumbing sh..!  Revealed as what is intended by the introductory use  of "agenda".

Marginalize social opinion and encourage discriminations in contradiction of accepted international convention  is  nothing less than the "divide and conquer" methodology.

Following the idea of a famous moderator here, people who register and extend their non-o visa with immigration never have problems ? So, Mr Famous moderator, you don't call having a visit from these people a problem maybe ?

I still prefer to exit de country 4 days a year and get 4 times 3 months visa, but I am not used to show my private parts to anyone that I do not choose, unlike many of you who think that they do the right thing but are just falling in the immigration trap : the more you are official in this country, the more you will have problems ! Enjoy it ! But tell the truth to the smart people who have no interest to show photos of their rooms to a pervert immigration officer !

I am highly disappointed that I haven't had a visit, I got loads of beer, Gin & Tonics in waiting for them to arrive, I even tuned the internet telly into BBC radio 2 so we could sit, chat and enjoy a bit of background music while doing the official stuff but they've let me down, no sign of em anywhere.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to have a G n T and get on with life.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Yesterday (22 Sept.) 2 men and one lady Chiang Rai Immigration phonef to pin-point the house I am staying at in Mae Sai. The senior man said they were on a routine check on foreigners and would like to paye a visit. They came within 10 minutes.

I let them into the porch of the house and they photographed my passport and the senior man and lady posed with me for a photo. They asked a few innocuous questions like was this my house, was that my car...we had a friendly short conversation. All smiles. No form signing, no harassment, everything was proper. After telling me I could contact him at the Immigration Office or by phone if needed be, they said goodbye and drove away in their unlicensed car.

• Like 2

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 4:17 AM, GeeKu said:

Yesterday (22 Sept.) 2 men and one lady Chiang Rai Immigration phonef to pin-point the house I am staying at in Mae Sai. The senior man said they were on a routine check on foreigners and would like to paye a visit. They came within 10 minutes.

I let them into the porch of the house and they photographed my passport and the senior man and lady posed with me for a photo. They asked a few innocuous questions like was this my house, was that my car...we had a friendly short conversation. All smiles. No form signing, no harassment, everything was proper. After telling me I could contact him at the Immigration Office or by phone if needed be, they said goodbye and drove away in their unlicensed car.

Not really enough info to determine what is going on;-

What extension are you on

What ID did they all show?

What happened when you asked to take a photo of them with your phone?

Have you checked the phone number he said you could contact him on, etc?

Edited by scottiejohn

2 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Not really enough info to determine what is going on;-

What extension are you on

What ID did they all show?

What happened when you asked to take a photo of them with your phone?

Have you checked the phone number he said you could contact him on?

I had all that stuff when I did an extension...Never on a multi-O visa..

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, silverhawk_usa said:

Do you guys realize you are replying to a thread from 2016?  And, as typical, these forms have long gone away.

Kill joy!    haha

• Like 1

I wonder how these people were selected for the visit. If they are legal, not overstaying and have the correct visa, they are probably clean. I highly doubt transnational criminals are doing their 90 day reports and filling out forms detailing their favourite web pages. 

On 9/12/2018 at 3:17 AM, losworld said:

How are you defining "far right"?  Most dictatorships around the world have been left wing.  

wow, is that so?

from my viewpoint I see lots of dark blue and brown dictators, red ones ?- few and far between