The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

6 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Kadilo it seems West Ham are a fairly decent side these days. Have the fans actually settled into the new stadium better, or are they still pining for Upton Park?

And how is Chicharito doing?

I think they will always have a soft spot for Upton Park and rightly so, that will never change but there seems to be an acceptance of the new stadium. That probably comes with the results and football being played now and no longer appears to be an excuse 

Chicharito is doing ok I would say. He has had injuries and in and out of the side and at times has not shown total Interest, prob more out of frustration and the way we were playing him often as a lone striker. Pellegrini has changed  that. 

With arnie out he he may be a run. Rumours are he is unsettled and wants to go back to Valencia(?) but will see. As a guy he comes acrosss really well. I think it’s fair to say with the fans, generally the jury’s still out. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

I think they will always have a soft spot for Upton Park and rightly so, that will never change but there seems to be an acceptance of the new stadium. That probably comes with the results and football being played now and no longer appears to be an excuse 

Chicharito is doing ok I would say. He has had injuries and in and out of the side and at times has not shown total Interest, prob more out of frustration and the way we were playing him often as a lone striker. Pellegrini has changed  that. 

With arnie out he he may be a run. Rumours are he is unsettled and wants to go back to Valencia(?) but will see. As a guy he comes acrosss really well. I think it’s fair to say with the fans, generally the jury’s still out. 

Upton park was one very intimidating place to play.  West ham have done well to adapt at the new stadium because not really a football stadium and the crowds too far away from the pitch.

2 minutes ago, carmine said:

Upton park was one very intimidating place to play.  West ham have done well to adapt at the new stadium because not really a football stadium and the crowds too far away from the pitch.

Yes I agree. It’s not ideal and totally a commercial decision although with 50,000 plus for home games the atmosphere is decent if not as intimidating as before. 

3 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Yes I agree. It’s not ideal and totally a commercial decision although with 50,000 plus for home games the atmosphere is decent if not as intimidating as before. 

Yeah I imagine Hammers fans are crazy enough to make their presence felt. Of if they can't then they'll invade the pitch ????

Interesting to see what the new Spurs stadium is like for atmosphere. I see most Spurs fans as less whingey and more supportive than Arsenal fans, but maybe not as vocal as West Ham. The new stadium could either turn out to be a fortress, or more like the Emirates. 

• Like 1

Just now, RickG16 said:

Yeah I imagine Hammers fans are crazy enough to make their presence felt. Of if they can't then they'll invade the pitch ????

Interesting to see what the new Spurs stadium is like for atmosphere. I see most Spurs fans as less whingey and more supportive than Arsenal fans, but maybe not as vocal as West Ham. The new stadium could either turn out to be a fortress, or more like the Emirates. 

Interesting point here because the stadium is designed so the crowd sits no more than five meters from the pitch to aid the atmosphere.  Arsenals is ten meters i believe and West Hams new stadium fifteen meters.

At the old Upton Park you were all too aware it was an away game!!

On 1/15/2019 at 10:40 AM, BangrakBob said:

You'd expect it to be a standard condition of his severance package, he's had a few so I'm sure he's used to it.

His appearance on BeIN will be one of most cringeworthy in history. That hairy handed fuctard and his bitter sidekick are so horribly out of touch and irrelevant it is nauseating listening. I keep reminding BeIN on twitter every week, but they won't listen. And Dick Keys has blocked me.

They have been announcing when Jose entered the building. Then he said his greatest achievement was coming second at United and how mad he was to go there when he did. 

Then he banged on about how Pep and Jurgen bought every defender under the sun and he couldn’t compete with that. Meanwhile Ole has them playing attractive football and has won every match, 7 from 7. He is truely off his <deleted> mallet. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

They have been announcing when Jose entered the building. Then he said his greatest achievement was coming second at United and how mad he was to go there when he did. 

Then he banged on about how Pep and Jurgen bought every defender under the sun and he couldn’t compete with that. Meanwhile Ole has them playing attractive football and has won every match, 7 from 7. He is truely off his <deleted> mallet. 

Crazy as a shithouse rat.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

I think he's obviously still quiet hurt from the way things worked out. He still feels the need to justify himself. One thing I feel sorry for him about is he has never really found a club to call 'home' or where he is truly loved (possibly with the exception of Inter and Porto). Chelsea should really be that club, but the fans their seem to have turned against him (ungrateful if you ask me), and José being Jose he couldn't resist stoking things up when we played them.

I really hope he can prove a few doubters wrong in his next job (but not at the expense of United).

• Like 1

Manchester United player ratings: Paul Pogba and Marcus Rashford good vs Brighton

Man Utd vs Brighton ended in another victory for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as Paul Pogba and Marcus Rashford scored at Old Trafford.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-utd-player-ratings-brighton-15702489

15 hours ago, smedly said:

Just to be clear - I made no threat to anyone, you interpret (conversation wouldn't last more than a minute) actually means I would walk away and ignore you, I made absolutely no threat of violence

The inference was very clear!  Go away and grow up.

You really think i give a toss about a supposed grown up that issues threats on an internet forum?!!!!????

8 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

He seems to be loathed at every club he's managed, with the exception of United. All the Inited fans i know just consider he did a lousy job and that be the end of it.

Chelsea fans all acknowledge the great years they had under him but most quite understandably detest him for the way he ripped things apart in forcing his exit a couple of years ago.  His treatment of the female doctor told you all you needed to know about the character of the guy!  

At Real Madrid most of the squad loathed him and created a "him or us" situation to force Perez's hand.

His style of football is a relic from a bygone age and you can only see United improving and moving forward now he's gone.  I think it says a lot that fans of United's direct rivals were desperate for Jose to be given more time.....

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Manchester United player ratings: Paul Pogba and Marcus Rashford good vs Brighton

Man Utd vs Brighton ended in another victory for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as Paul Pogba and Marcus Rashford scored at Old Trafford.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-utd-player-ratings-brighton-15702489

Pogba for the last few games was blowing out of his you know what at around the 60/70 minute mark just watch reruns of our games, That is when the other teams start to take over midfield it has happened many times over the last few season.

I don't know if it is a fitness issue but it needs addressing.

Dalot Lindelof both had excellent games, Not the best game by us they made us work very hard for that win.

I'd go full strength for the cup. Even if we didn't have Burnley at home in the midweek, I would still prioritise silverware over a mid season game

Romero

Young, Jones, Lindelof, Shaw

Herrera, Matic, Pogba

Sanchez, Rashford, Martial

The team is picking itself at the moment, but I had some question marks on my preferred selection above:

1) Do we continue our policy of starting Romero in domestic cups?

2) Was tempted to go Dalot, but his defensive positioning isn't there yet, so Young starts in the bigger games (for now)

3) I would start Sanchez over Lingard, but his lack of mins in the last 2 games suggests he is not fit to go straight into a big game 

4) Jones is probably the player with the lowest level of performance under OGS in the 1st team. Not saying he is rubbish, but with Bailley back from suspension there is case for rotation. Personally I'd stick with this partnership and try Bailley again v Burnley. Also, the fact it was Darmian not Bailley that was brought on in the closing minutes v Brighton has raised an eyebrow

Edited by ChipButty

Beat Burnley and he has the best ever start as a PL manager.

The Spaniard, who has won the league title for all the clubs he has managed so far, joined Manchester City in the 2016-17 season. Though he was not able to win the league title in his first season, he did manage to equal the record for the best managerial start in the Premier League that season.

Having won his first six league matches back to back in 2016-17 season, Guardiola jointly holds the record for the maximum number of wins Carlo Ancelotti.

Edited by ChipButty

40 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I'd go full strength for the cup. Even if we didn't have Burnley at home in the midweek, I would still prioritise silverware over a mid season game

We must prioritise a top 4 finish in the league. We must be in the Champions league next season to encourage a top manager/top players to join us in the summer.

Top 4 is a tough ask but doable. Every league game between now and the end of the season must be played as if it's a cup final.

• Thanks 1

PSG is a massive game forus at Old Trafford. Need a good win to have any chance of progression. PSG had a record 9-0 win in Ligue 1 at the weekend. They're really on fire.

"I would love it, just love it if we beat them" to quote the mulleted midget.

15 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Paul Scholes poised to take first full-time job in management as former Manchester United star is expected to be appointed Oldham Athletic boss

With the greatest respect to one of my favourite players of all time... I don't think he will be much of a loss as a pundit!

2 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Jose will be right on this

I forgot about that rant.... I think he said he hopes Scholes can win 1/4 of the titles he did as a manager.

I think i will miss José's rants in a way. Zero ***** given about anyone! 

4 hours ago, carmine said:

The inference was very clear!  

really, you made an incorrect interpretation were there was none to be made - only in you own head, the matter is closed

Behave yourself when posting here - simple 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

He bought: Pogba, Lukaku, Sanchez, Ibrahimovic, Matic, Mkhitaryan, Fred, Bailly, Lindelhof.

Inherited: De Gea, Martial & Rashford. 

Off his trolley. 

Add in his major personnel <deleted> ups at Chelsea. He's delusional and apparently beyond repair. If he had any insight at all he'd take a long holiday, soak up some rays in a secluded spot and score some strange. But instead he's back feet first in the media spouting his half psychotic rot. 

• Haha 1

I think Mourino is a good team builder - buying players etc, but he fails to manage them correctly, he did pull together a great team of players but just couldn't manage them without issues - as a manager he failed - as a team builder he gets my vote

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

He bought: Pogba, Lukaku, Sanchez, Ibrahimovic, Matic, Mkhitaryan, Fred, Bailly, Lindelhof.

Inherited: De Gea, Martial & Rashford. 

Off his trolley. 

Its never his fault always deflecting to others.Inference that he didn't get backing from the board is pathetic as the names above prove.Man U thread should be perhaps declared a Mourinho free zone ...it can cause depression

• Like 1

There are obviously two sections of Mourinho's career but you can't forget that what he did in the first part will probably remain unsurpassed.

I agree that going and doing interviews sounding bitter will do him no good. He needs to wish United luck, go on a long holiday, and then plan his next move.

I think there is a lot of frustration in him. Geniuses can often struggle that normal people (in this case the English fans + media) don't see things with the same brilliant mind as them. In this case of course it went tits up, but he probably feels that he was misunderstood.

• Like 1