Thailand to buy 25 million doses of Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer vaccines in June

snoop1130

Another propaganda story again, been saying this for months now, they have ordered zillions of vaccine,   but very few arrive, and have relied on China's donations, 

And also looks like the locally produced AZ vaccine is not doing well, or they wouldn't have to order from other manufacturers outside Thailand.... 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, impulse said:

Serious question...  If they pull the trigger in June, when can they reasonably expect delivery?  It's not like J&J has millions of doses on the shelf waiting for orders to come in.

Production of the main vaccines is becoming very decentralized, with both the companies and government/private partnerships for local production happening in dozens of non first world countries across the world , the supply capacity is enlarging all the time, so I don't think procurement of 25 million in June (well June + Thai Time) is out of the picture.

* even useless Thai government might pull it out the hat with domestic AZ production eventually

5 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

well where I live you can't even get Moderna or JJ you have no option which one to choose if you under 50 you can have Phizer over 50 only AZ and I live in the west

I am surprised to hear this as I have several friends in Finland who are all in their late 60's or early 70's who have all had phizer

5 hours ago, sherwood said:

After the transfer of funds is approved and verified.

Please do not hold your breath. TiT

Lol - a month ago I was at a hospital and was told that I could register for a vaccination. I asked him which vaccine and he said AZ. I asked about the Pfizer and he said it wasn't available and I said it was probably "waiting for approval" as I rubbed my thumb and first two fingers together (in other words, it was probably waiting for "negotiations" to be completed and funds transferred before suddenly being approved for use).
(The doctor's reaction suggested that he thought so as well and wasn't happy about it.)

I expected it would be available in Thailand eventually and was hoping I'd be able to hold out until it was available as I'd rather not have to take a <deleted> Chinese vaccine or one that has a low efficacy and potential side effect risk. (Even though it seems that it doesn't matter which vaccine you get, you can still get infected but you won't suffer the most severe symptoms if you've been vaccinated.) 

Also funny that in the same newsletter this thread appeared in, a couple lines down was this thread link:

So according to Pfizer they are still only in the "negotiation" phase and haven't made any commitments yet, let alone set any timelines. (Also note that in the OP of this thread it mentions 25 million doses while in the thread linked above they are only talking about 20 million.) 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

Also funny that in the same newsletter this thread appeared in, a couple lines down was this thread link:

So according to Pfizer they are still only in the "negotiation" phase and haven't made any commitments yet, let alone set any timelines. (Also note that in the OP of this thread it mentions 25 million doses while in the thread linked above they are only talking about 20 million.) 

I don't see this as funny.  Misleading perhaps, but not funny. 

12 hours ago, internationalism said:

great, they would be coming sometimes at the end of year, after the 3rd wave and just before the 4th.

oh ye, and price. Moderna 2k, pfizer 7.5k per dose.

Multiply with frequent boosters

...i will opt for the J&J..being a single shot, do you reckon they will sell it half the going price...hmmm!...i think not.

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Thai government will procure 25 million doses of Johnson & Johnson and Pfizer vaccines this month

To be delivered and received when? next year?

What happened to locally made AZ being able to fill local demand by the year end?

12 hours ago, Wiggy said:

Why don’t they team up with a company and produce it locally? It would be more efficient, and cheaper. Even a government full of halfwits could sort that out. Oh wait……

Who... Siam Bioscience?

that didn't work-out too well with AZ

nationwide roll-out of vaccines promised, was it 5 pick-ups I saw trundling down the road?

Edited by hotchilli
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

procuring and receiving are two totally different things, you buy now and sometime later you will receive, like maybe early 2022

pro·cure

/prəˈkyo͝or/

verb

obtain (something), especially with care or effort.

"food procured for the rebels"

synonyms: obtain, acquire, get, find, come by, secure, pick up, get possession of, buy, purchase, get hold of, get one's hands on, get one's mitts on

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, shdmn said:

J&J probably doesn't but BioNtech/Pfizer are really cranking them out now.   So I think Pfizer deliveries to Thailand in June is probably feasable if Thailand can get their act together by approving it and making a deal with them.

Wow, I'll take the J%J or the Pfizer with a doggie bag, as you never know when you will get the second shot Now where will the shots take place ? Private hospital, Public hospital, or the good old 7/11 ?