Thai PM and his cabinet pictured without masks in Phuket just before going to welcome foreign tourists

webfact

5 hours ago, webfact said:

We further note that while non- mask wearing outside is subject to fines in Thailand, people are allowed to eat without wearing one. 

If sitting at the table, eating then fine.

If after the meal sat back talking or walking around then mask-up.

3 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

If sitting at the table, eating then fine.

If after the meal sat back talking or walking around then mask-up.

Really, folks sitting around after a fine meal, sipping drinks....talking and oh wait while I put on my mask. Please get over yourself.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Saw it on the Amarin news this morning and they were laying it on as to how ridiculous and two faced these people are.  Don't do as I do do as I say" comes to mind with these government tools.  Only one in the entire group had a mask on and it appeared to be a military guy in a full uniform, while Anutin had that smug ass look on his face, like he always does.

Anutin is a two bagger let alone a mask!!!

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Saw it on the Amarin news this morning and they were laying it on as to how ridiculous and two faced these people are.  Don't do as I do do as I say" comes to mind with these government tools.  Only one in the entire group had a mask on and it appeared to be a military guy in a full uniform, while Anutin had that smug ass look on his face, like he always does.

Maybe A was smoking some of his left over flour from his Aussie joint  jaunt.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

However, that sentiment aside, I think it is very clear to all of us by now, these guys are a bunch of corrupt, very rich, out of touch, self entitled goons, and they are totally above the law. Any and all laws. 

Pretty much the definition of government.   Every government.   I know many people here, and everywhere,  actually do not believe this.    It is one of life's greatest mysteries to me ...........

i should add that those that do believe it ,  are more and more helpless to do anything about it. 

We are commanded what to do.   What to say.   And now , covid era,  where and when we can go.

Even when i write this.............. I must be careful how it is written.   

other than that,  the bamboo soup , chicken,  and sticky rice made by mrs R  was damn good today

• Haha 1

If the press asks him about this - he arelady threw a hissy fit at the airport when asked why half the cabinet was in Phuket - there may not be enough bananas, or sanitizer, for him.

Also a bad look after his minister, Dr. Kiattipoom Wongrachit, Public Health Ministry’s permanent secretary, had advised people that everyone in the family should wear face masks at home all the time,  maintain social distance and eat separately. Which was also widely derided on social media.

The lack of situational awareness on the part of the regime and the pm is shocking. I guess it's down to privelege and arrogance rather than sheer stupiity as I'm not sure someone could be that dumb.

6 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:
6 hours ago, webfact said:

Netizens were furious that it was one rule for them and one for the rest of us.

Always has been, and always will be.

They don't give two <deleted> about others.

That's not quite correct, it you're eating you don't have to wear a mask either, as the OP stated.

• Sad 3

6 hours ago, colinneil said:
6 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai social media was in uproar yesterday after a picture was posted on social media that showed Thai Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha and his cabinet not wearing masks at the seaside in Phuket

Come on, what do people expect?

Exactly, how can they eat while wearing masks?

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, sambum said:

"We further note that while non- mask wearing outside is subject to fines in Thailand, people are allowed to eat without wearing one."

Well, isn't that big of them? It would be rather difficult to eat WITH one! 

That's Asean Now saying that, not "them" in the photo, so not "big of them", at all.

• Like 2

Well, they've all been double-vaccinated--and before anybody else was.  They should have said, we've made a total mess of procuring vaccines so we will be absolutely last to receive a vaccine.  I know, fat chance of that.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, colinneil said:

Come on, what do people expect?

They are the in crowd, they dont give a rats a##e about the general population, just peasants in their twisted arrogant minds.????????

your friend the PM got fined some weeks ago FOR NOT wearing mask HE GOT DUN 6k who know wether or not he paid !!!!???

• Like 1

They seem very confident.

I find it interesting that the US Embassy staff were vaccinated with the best Pfizer vaccine.

I assume this import had to be approved by the Thai government?

Could several 100 extra doses of this gold standard vaccine been added to the lot for special distribution?

Just a thought.

I saw this bunch at Central yesterday. Typically everyone was sitting down in a socially distanced manner listening to the leader, all with masks.

Then they decided to look around the hotel sale booths. Social distancing out of the window, people fawning around Prayut, getting selfies with him, while other members of the entourage were milling around, often closely huddled together.

I suppose the VIPs are all vaccinated and all were wearing masks but it wasn't exactly following the rules that they set.