Thailand reports another daily record of 9,326 COVID-19 cases, 91 more deaths

webfact

2 hours ago, smedly said:

big difference between here and the UK - do you know what it is ?

Yes, 3x the current reported daily infections and 48x the total number of reported deaths.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I'm a foreigner and also a senior. Where do I queue for jab donated by Japan

If your 75+ Oz Embassy is compiling a list to submit to Thai Gov to assist enabling vax. Details in Ambassadors latest video fb message.

1 minute ago, Olmate said:

If your 75+ Oz Embassy is compiling a list to submit to Thai Gov to assist enabling vax. Details in Ambassadors latest video fb message.

I'm 74 next month, so I'll dip out....there's the story of my life right there. ????

21 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

The current level of deaths reflect the case counts of 2 to 3 weeks ago. So maybe 3 to 4 thousand cases a day.

in 2 to 3 weeks time, the deaths per day will reflect the current 9k cases per day. So over the course of the next 2 to 3 weeks, simple math suggests deaths will at least double, possibly triple. And if hospitals are overwhelmed and unable to provide medical care to the sick, there is a possibility deaths may be higher still.

Todays number of deaths reflects about 1% of total cases so 2-3 weeks ago there would have been about 9,000 cases a day.If a trend of this nature continues would it indicate the numbers are being incorrectly reported?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Thanks for that info..

Long way from 75 so cuts me out.

In any event (just my opinion) but anything from the Oz ambassador would be PR stunt. All show no go.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, grain said:

Going to be interesting to see what happens at 9:00am Monday morning, I think we should all be prepared to see that website crash around 9:30am.

One of the many problems with these kind of Thai government arranged vaccine programs is they and the involved hospitals almost never publicly disclose how many people / doses they'll be able to handle for any given opening.

So the typical experience thus far has been either...

--the registrations are closed/ended within minutes of opening and/or

--the registration system has technical problems that leads to it being overwhelmed and/or crashing.

Hopefully Phyathai II on Monday will be a better experience and opportunity for expats who have been unable thus far to arrange vaccinations. But the recent track record isn't promising.

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Thanks for that info..

Long way from 75 so cuts me out.

In any event (just my opinion) but anything from the Oz ambassador would be PR stunt. All show no go.

Putting on a bit of a cunning stunt is he? 

19 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Now this virus case uptick here has hit the international news and a story on the proposed reopening of the country casts doubt upon it actually occurring.

https://news.yahoo.com/thailands-plans-fully-open-doubt-060941282.html

The exact same story and photo was on the bbc website yesterday. I think USA Today had something as well, but I didn’t read it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Yes of course, although hospital admissions in UK are climbing.... back up to 500/day. Not out of the woods yet.

How serious are the admissions compared to before? Have the vaccinations done there bit in reducing seriousness and deaths? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Hopefully Phyathai II on Monday will be a better experience and opportunity for expats who have been unable thus far to arrange vaccinations. But the recent track record isn't promising

There in is the problem. Early doors I just sat back and watched all the crashes and cancellation of appointments. 

Then even with recent pay in advance Moderna that seemed to sell out very early. Only hour or 2 into opening.

I had always planned to wait a pay at private hospital. Was hoping for October. 

Feeling that's a dream now. 

• Like 1

Given that the majority of people in Thailand were vaccinated with Sinovac which is not effective against Delta and greater variants it seems like the bulk of the inoculation program needs to be started from scratch or a face saving "Top up" with a real vaccine like Pfizer. Given that the people running the show are not going to suddenly become wise and do the right thing I wonder if herd immunity is the only way out? However with all the variants I wonder if that is even possible?

even registration with private hospital for a jab is still in limbo, its only word of mouth, its more like October and beyond could be 2022, remember they only JUST order the vaccine, there are other country has order before them, Thai is in last of the line, we all know why.

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

There in is the problem. Early doors I just sat back and watched all the crashes and cancellation of appointments. 

Then even with recent pay in advance Moderna that seemed to sell out very early. Only hour or 2 into opening.

I had always planned to wait a pay at private hospital. Was hoping for October. 

Feeling that's a dream now. 

Meanwhile:

SCB has booked Moderna for each of their employees to use as 2nd or 3rd dose, expected in Q4.

https://twitter.com/Thai_Talk/status/1413723356789018625

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Meanwhile:

SCB has booked Moderna for each of their employees to use as 2nd or 3rd dose, expected in Q4.

https://twitter.com/Thai_Talk/status/1413723356789018625

My hope is that at some point private enterprise can be enabled to source supply of vaccines.

Doesn't mean gov authorization not required but just needs to be far more fluid and simplified. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Anyone else find it curious that the Thai government can tell you on a daily basis how many Thais have received COVID vaccines, how many in each province, how many of different target groups such as the elderly, medical workers, etc...

But.... since the beginning of COVID vaccines availability in Thailand, AFAIK, there has never been one shred of publicly reported information about how many non-border country foreign nationals have been vaccinated. Nothing. Ever.

Kind of makes you wonder, why we're one group they choose to never report vaccination statistics on.

Because there is nothing to report? 5555

just joking, I know some foreigners HAVE been vaccinated….. just mostly not the at risk ones.