Lockdown set to be relaxed next week: DDC

Jonathan Fairfield

2 hours ago, ukrules said:

It's not going away, any reduction in measures will be met with a proportional increase in infections.

But it's almost like they're beginning to realise that something's changed since last year - this is not the same scenario that happened in Europe in 2020.

There's nowhere near as many deaths here when you compare them to detected infections.

There's been a million detected infections in Thailand with 9562 deaths.

In the UK when they reached 1 million detected infections (October 31, 2020) there had been 46,645 deaths

In Italy at 1 million infections (November 11, 2020) there had been 42,953 deaths.

That's quite a difference, likely many contributing factors to this, especially population age and of course it's not the same virus that it was a year ago...it's mutated multiple times since then so I guess it's kind of hard to compare as it's not comparing like with like.

Yes and today i read , Iran 35,000 detected against 650 deaths, maybe,  as i am not a scientific person  immunity is being achieved by natural default, with Delta in these countries you would of expected higher death rates, lets all hope it is starting to take a turn. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Anton9 said:

They already explained hundred of times vaccines only lessen the severity of the infection,not the transmission.

What does that have to do with your mischaracterization of the article you posted?

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1

I told you so... Reality principle.

Philippines showed the way, 4 days ago :

Link : https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/philippines-duterte-relax-coronavirus-curbs-capital-region-2021-08-19/

The Covid Party is over. Because we just can't afford it. It's a simple as that.

Western countries will probably continue... They have the means (budget deficits, QEs with central banks etc.). Let them eat their cake, their debts and their insanity.

But here ? No way San José.

So, the doom brigade : soon... unemployement.

Your party is over....

And us, at last, we will be able to resume our daily life... ????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Let them do it... ease restrictions, lockdowns and lower the the tests. put more RAt tests in , so we can manipulate the cases ... with a very slow vaccination program and nobody will know that the cases will rise again higher than before but because of the smoke curtains we make of the teargas we will show that our measures were succesful

Edited by ikke1959
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, impulse said:

Continued lockdowns probably sound better to expats on a fixed income than they do to the millions of Thai people out of work.

Just saying...

I am wondering which lockdown... Here in Phetchaburi the markets are open as usual, only clothing and electronics and stationary you can't buy in the shopping malls. Big C Tesco, Robinson.... restaurants are closed for sit in dining, but KFC/McDonald/MK/ and all the rest are open for take away.. The fitness centers are closed yes, but the rest???? we can go and buy whatever we want where we want.. So I am wondering what lockdown for the millions Thais??  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ukrules said:

Deaths from Delta are greatly reduced everywhere, the problem with looking at the UK or European data is that there are very large numbers of vaccinated people there.

In India and Thailand the number of people who are or were vaccinated when Delta hit was very low, that's the difference that makes the difference here....

So your saying being vaccinated makes the Delta variant worse?

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, impulse said:

Continued lockdowns probably sound better to expats on a fixed income than they do to the millions of Thai people out of work.

Just saying...

i think so too.  i actually don't feel much of economic impact under the lockdown.  just annoyed by the fact that i can't dine in at a restaurant, can't go to public park, and the curfew.

2 hours ago, hackjam said:

Great news indeed, Thailand cracking on with vaccine program, must be up to 40% with at least first jab??? At last, some light at the end of the tunnel.  

Some. Not so much. The great majority of that only first dose. First dose of Sinovac offers very little protection. Not nearly there yet. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Dont get too excited, it might only be IT stores are allowed to open in addition to banks in malls. 

And hopefully it might mean a stepped approach to quarantine on arrival from abroad, for all travelers at all arrival points.

8 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

I see food lines in Pattaya, but not many or any lines of people getting vaccinations.  I question the Thai idea of what priority means

I was vaccinated today at Central on Beach Rd. It took an hour; including 30 minutes recovery post jab; and during that that hour there must have been at least 100 other expats in the process.

The indoor stadium in Pattaya has been reported to be very busy with Thais getting jabbed. There has been yraffic jams getting in and out.

The process is moving along and more vaccines are due next month and in October.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, DaveSamutP said:

Going to be a big price to pay by opening up so early. Expect cases to rise sharply 2 weeks after easing lockdowns.

Cases continued rising weeks after the lockdown so I doubt the current drop has that much to do with it.  Same thing happened in India.  Their cases dropped even though they never had much if any lockdowns going on.  It didn't have much to do with vaccination either.  At the time they were probably less than 10% with at least one jab.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 2