Dining-in Proposed for Eateries

snoop1130

10 hours ago, Will B Good said:

I take it you have a pink ID, correct?

I think that all Non-Thais who were vaccinated here have been given a 13-digit Thai ID number (beginning with 6, for 'foreigner').

Whether this works in Mor Prom I can't say.

Obviously this would exclude both Thais and foreigners who have not yet been vaccinated, or were vaccinated outside of Thailand.

It starts - the switch from stop Covid to fully open, live with Covid. Sensible once a lot of Thais (and others...) are fully vaccinated (particularly the old/sick) like in the UK. Only 8% fully vaccinated. Then maybe not smart - who knows.

The switch is due to the worry of the HiSos who are concerned that lockdowns are affecting their pockets. TIT.

12 hours ago, TerryS123 said:

Thai app to show proof of vaccination... I guess I won't be able to eat out since I have a US vaccination. 

You can only go to McD,  KFC, Pizza Hut and those US chains......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Ministry of Public Health will tomorrow ask the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration to allow dining-in at eateries which will be able to use up to 50% of their seats to welcome customers until 8pm.

A reasonable start.

19 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

So you tell a forum that you're vaccinated but don't want to show a restaurant that you've been vaccinated.

I am happy to TELL anyone but not submit to a search of my medical records as a condition of entry to a bar or restaurant.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Henryford said:

I would NEVER visit a restaurant that required me to show my private medical records. I would rather eat street food. And yes i am vaccinated.

Err... OK..... I am  sure they will writhe in disappointment at missing your custom!

In a very unscientific poll, I've asked restaurants from whom I've done take-out, plus drivers who have delivered to me how has business been since the lockdown.

The average seems to be that business is down about 40%. Restaurants---like so many businesses---are hurting. That is why I guess as I did in my previous comment (Nobody is going to enforce the double vax rule.).

I'm not sure why the decline is so severe, as folks still have to eat. Perhaps people are cooking at home much more. Perhaps people are short cash, having has their own business closed and their job lost, and are choosing cheaper street food over traditional restaurants. Perhaps many expats have gone home as Thailand has become less safe and not an easy place to get fully vaccinated.

Edited by Walker88

5 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

I'm not sure why the decline is so severe, as folks still have to eat.

Well from a personal perspective, I go to restaurants for many reasons and not only to eat. I go to meet friends to socialize, get out of the condo for a few hours, have a proper draught beer or a nice glass of wine etc.

Often the food is quite average and over-priced. The idea of taking it away and eating it in my condo is not really appealing. I may as well buy some quality steaks from the supermarket and cook myself. The only exception is a couple of local Thai places which I get takeaway from but mainly because I want to support them through this (been going there for years and I'm quite friendly with them) and I cannot cook Thai food. 

Also, with no tourists, many expats having left for a few months, remaining expats maybe suffering downturns in their businesses etc. I'd be surprised if business was only down 40%. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Ministry of Public Health is to propose the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) relax restrictions on some businesses using the COVID Free Program in conjunction with other health and safety measures.

Ridiculous! 

Of course there going to.

Its the same people. 

It's like Pryut calling himself to ask if its ok to plunder the nation.  

Of course its OK.

Edited by MrJ2U

5 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I think that all Non-Thais who were vaccinated here have been given a 13-digit Thai ID number (beginning with 6, for 'foreigner').

Whether this works in Mor Prom I can't say.

It works. I've installed Mor Phrom and could register with my "Thai ID number" starting with 6 given to me when I got my 1st jab. The details of which can be seen in the app, as well as my appointment for the 2nd jab.

3 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Well from a personal perspective, I go to restaurants for many reasons and not only to eat. I go to meet friends to socialize, get out of the condo for a few hours, have a proper draught beer or a nice glass of wine etc.

This is exactly one of the main reasons why they were closed. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Henryford said:

I would NEVER visit a restaurant that required me to show my private medical records. I would rather eat street food. And yes i am vaccinated.

It's not asking to show your ‘private medical records’....   It’s simply asking to show ‘proof of vaccination’ - thats not too much to ask given the current situation.

I’m not sure why some people see this is such a violation of or infraction against their individual rights. 

Other countries have already adopted an excellent system: 

A QR Code links to Vaccination details on the Ministry of Public Health Records (for hospitals).

The Green QR Code means Covid-19 negative (at last test) and is shown to gain entrance to businesses, shopping malls, restaurants etc

The Gold border means fully vaccinated (Vaccination details also present in another tab / screen of the app).

Thailand also has a very similar system / App: Thailand Plus, which also has a QR code, it also betters the system with a photo, which means the phone cannot be borrowed by someone else to gain entry. 

But, its stops there, Thailand Plus is only being used for new arrivals and requires a CoE Reference code to be used.

Thailand has missed an opportunity to put a very simple and good system in place and instead uses a more confusing Mor Promp app  (which I also have on my Phone) which is not as clear or user friendly. 

IMG_8245.PNG

IMG_8244.PNG

IMG_8246.jpg

IMG_8247.jpg

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Will B Good said:
16 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I wonder if those fully vaccinated overseas will be able get their details on the Thai App. 

IF this is the way things are going we may not be able to go to restaurants without showing QR code, other countries are doing this.

I can't imagine you could do this retrospectively even for vaccinations carried out in Thailand and you would need a pink ID even if you could, but maybe you  already have one.

Yes, I have the Pink ID.  

I am also registered with the Moh Promp App, and received a first AZ vaccination in early June. 

However, I’ve since travelled overseas and received the mRNA vaccine (two doses) and thus will not take the second AZ vaccination in Thailand. 

I’m left wondering IF Thailand uses the Thailand Plus APP, or Mor Promp APP, will it allow foreigners who have been vaccinated overseas to register as vaccinated with their overseas vaccination details so that when (or IF) Thai businesses require ‘proof of vaccination status’ this proof can be show in the recognised ’Thai format’ (format accepted and readily recognisable by Thailand). 

If not, we could end up with a situation that every foreigner (and some Thai’s) who’ve been vaccinated overseas have no way to prove this domestically. 

13 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

It’s simply asking to show ‘proof of vaccination’ - thats not too much to ask given the current situation.

I’m not sure why some people see this is such a violation of or infraction against their individual rights. 

The worry is It's simply the thin end of the wedge.. hurtling towards a Chinese "credit" system where for example you can't get on a train if you have voiced "incorrect" views on something  your opinion earns demerit points..try to buy a train ticket denied !!!

that is a scary dystopian future I for one don't wish to see or live under.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/mar/01/china-bans-23m-discredited-citizens-from-buying-travel-tickets-social-credit-system

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Henryford said:

A little bit self-important, but enjoy your street food.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

headlines appearing now on Bloomberg. Thai Govt to  relax some  restrictions from 1st sept, limited restaurant  dine in allowed, staff need to be fully vaccinated, (no mention of customers needing to be vaccinated)  interprovincial travel restrictions lifted to an extent (still needs to be essential). malls allowed to open . Curfew to remain.  

Edited by wordchild
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I once had to show my yellow fever vaccination record to enter Brazil.

1986 , Rio de Janeiro, wonderful place. Yes I recall having to have Yellow Fever jabs for that too and feeling horribly sick for the few days after.  As an aside my wife and I at the time use to travel on a UK married passport, 1 passport with her added as spouse.  That caused a lot of head scratching at immigration in Rio.

1 minute ago, DaLa said:

As an aside my wife and I at the time use to travel on a UK married passport, 1 passport with her added as spouse.  That caused a lot of head scratching at immigration in Rio.

When were they phased out... I have a vague recollection of my parents having one of those?