Is Pattaya so bad?

Lucky Bones

I got a taste of Thailand playing

cricket in the Chiang Mai international 6's in '93 and spent a few days in Pattaya.

Went off back home and did what needed to be done until '06 and started partying in Pattaya 3 or 4 times a year.

Came back in 2013 to live.

East Pattaya, Soi Khaotalo has so much to offer. Wine, women, song....if only they were open????????.

Why do people enjoy bagging Pattaya,

.......bad experiences?

• Haha 1

I lived in Jomtien for years, then last June moved to Pattaya to be closer to my friends. I'll be moving back to Jomtien at the end of my contract and taking a Bolt when we want to (and are eventually allowed to) get back together for a few suds. For me, riding a pushbike is what I do, and Pattaya just doesn't offer the same quality of roads. The convenience of being closer to Fascino/Makro/Big C et al isn't worth the trade-off. I wouldn't say I'm bagging Pattaya, instead my druthers are Jomtien.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

I lived in Jomtien for years, then last June moved to Pattaya to be closer to my friends. I'll be moving back to Jomtien at the end of my contract and taking a Bolt when we want to (and are eventually allowed to) get back together for a few suds. For me, riding a pushbike is what I do, and Pattaya just doesn't offer the same quality of roads. The convenience of being closer to Fascino/Makro/Big C et al isn't worth the trade-off. I wouldn't say I'm bagging Pattaya, instead my druthers are Jomtien.

There is a Makro near Jomtien and a Big C not far from that, so you don't need to move to Pattaya to be near those.  Not walking distance but minutes away by scooter.

Edited by shdmn

15 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

Some folk's want buy sex , some not get it whitout buying, some like chase. Some love daughter, some mother and some even want f father! And some father want meet Young Boys. If like bright light's , fake love and want once in life hear words "you are hansum man" go for it! You both deserve to eatch other Pattaya and you! But hey im not judge nobody , live life what make you happy! Overpupalated, overpriced, fake people's tourist places is not for me! 

Nothing bad to say LMAO, TIT

So not native English speaker,never mind,if you cannot afford it,stay in your mud hut

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

For me I was told if you become more entrenched into the Thai culture and the type that has their eyes opened and not with tunnel vision it will eventually get to you?  I know guys living here have a very narrow view of life, they eat western, play western, socialize western live on the Darkside and in town bars, girls, drink that is it. If that is the case you luckily narrow to how much you get bashed but if one isn't as lucky that is why whenever you log on to Asean or majority of Forums in regards to Thailand you read and will see majority have a negative view or as many say bashing of Thais. 

No one including me came to Thailand wanting to feel like that but after a while the constant beating bashing it wears on a person it doesn't mean we hate the place or its people I'm glad Asean is around to let up vent and express ourselves. That is pretty much the same where ever one is the grass is never greener some where else????? 

Whenever the pressure gets to me I'm just happy to have choices one of them is going out eating western, then visit a number of A/C gogos and relax and view the steaks like in a butcher shop?  Should I have a steak or go cheap for a hamburger?????

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

“Is Pattaya so bad?”

Yes.

Easy to be negative, please tell us the wonderful things about the Thai place you live. 

John Grisham says you should never ask a question you do not already know the answer to. 

Ah well................. 

• Like 1