Thailand to scrap quarantine for vaccinated visitors from Nov 1

Jonathan Fairfield

6 hours ago, Rinrada said:

re Nationwide...My insurance with them ( albiet out of date due to..etc) is for up to 185 days/trip.Since I tend go back to UK every 6 months or so that suited me. Been assured that they will re new on return....must start in Blighty...hopefully Dec/Jan/..for the next 12 months.

My nationwide does not cover Asia it's Europe only. I don't use travel insurance I have medical insurance which mean I don't have to use the NHS in UK

On 9/30/2021 at 10:46 AM, scorecard said:

In a report yesterday, for Chiang Mai one of the 3 areas mentioned was 'Muang Chiang Mai' which is much wider than the old city. 

You are correct - it is 3 districts being suggested for the scope of the Chiang Mai ' blue zone' one of them being the district which covers the Old City, I just didn't know the name of it.

They've scrapped quarantine from Nov 1 and reduced quarantine to 7 days for the fully vaxxed, but when applying for the COE just now it still only has options for ASQ or Phuket or Samui sandboxes, and asks you to acknowledge that you understand you will be quarantined for at least 10 days if choosing ASQ.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rinrada said:

re Nationwide...My insurance with them ( albiet out of date due to..etc) is for up to 185 days/trip.Since I tend go back to UK every 6 months or so that suited me. Been assured that they will re new on return....must start in Blighty...hopefully Dec/Jan/..for the next 12 months.

I don't know if it's the same one, but some Flexaccount insurance is being scrapped by Nationwide from December this year, even for the existing customers who retained it when they stopped offering it to new ones.

1 hour ago, charmonman said:

They've scrapped quarantine from Nov 1 and reduced quarantine to 7 days for the fully vaxxed, but when applying for the COE just now it still only has options for ASQ or Phuket or Samui sandboxes, and asks you to acknowledge that you understand you will be quarantined for at least 10 days if choosing ASQ.

The next page mentions the 7 days, and just before submission it says 14 days!  I think just poor editing when they've updated the website.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

What are the current DOMESTIC travel rules and restrictions...or where to find them?

All outdated news...so..Just asked Gov PR.same question...Where can I get the Updated List of Requirements for people who want to travel Domestically within Thailand?..eg.short visit ..fly Chiang Mai to Phuket ..Now have both Pfizer vacs + Thailands Yellow C19 Ministry of Health Book...krup..

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, charmonman said:

Rubbish. I've been around long enough to remember when the AIDS epidemic hit Thailand starting in 1988. It was supposed to kill tourism or at least change it forever. Didn't happen. People adapted. When vaccination has become almost universal and better treatments are available for breakthrough infections, when the virus has become endemic and people and governments are no longer living in fear of it, life will resume and go on at least somewhat like before. Old habits die hard.

Indeed in addition to all the millions of millionaire investors, under the influencers and digitised showdads there will always be nature lovers who like nothing better to see the Elephants in the room,to rescue sois dogs, discount pussy and of course amazing performance of Red Bull

21 hours ago, alyx said:

Agreed but they do have a life on their own, don’t they ?

Yes, but some still choose to have QEII as their monarch, like Canada and Australia (who voted for her!), and 14 other countries around the world.

So the sun STILL never sets on the British Empire.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Yes, but some still choose to have QEII as their monarch, like Canada and Australia (who voted for her!), and 14 other countries around the world.

So the sun STILL never sets on the British Empire.

Right, territories such as Bermuda and the Falkland Islands.. As for having the Queen Elizabeth as their head of state it is more of  a hangover of the Empire. An eclipse rather than a sunset, wouldn’t you agree ?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, alyx said:

Right, territories such as Bermuda and the Falkland Islands.. As for having the Queen Elizabeth as their head of state it is more of  a hangover of the Empire. An eclipse rather than a sunset, wouldn’t you agree ?

But it's those far flung islanders like NZ and Australia in the East, and Vancouver in the West, that encompass the whole of the suns arc making the eternal sunrise possible.

On 9/28/2021 at 1:23 PM, Danderman123 said:

Because another procedure has been implemented - instead of lifting quarantine, a Sandbox process has been announced for 7 provinces for November 1.

It’s pronounced on the Thai Embassy , no quarantine in Phuket from 1 November, and numerous other sites. You have 7 days SHA+ hôtel only, not confined !!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

There has still been no confirmation of quarantine being scrapped on November 1.

And you certainly won't receive any such detailed news/info here or any other news source - largely consist of misleading and sleight-of-hand quality confusion. 

I might go to a Thai Embassy of your choosing and inquire within - asking the pertinent questions as to what is and what isn't. 

Though, I might guess that the assorted officialdom aren't all on the same page as of yet. 

5 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

But it's those far flung islanders like NZ and Australia in the East, and Vancouver in the West, that encompass the whole of the suns arc making the eternal sunrise possible.

Fully agreed but then again mere weak  anchors…nothing in the middle, not much of an Empire, is it ? 

• Confused 1

You'll not get real tourists coming if there's any sort of quarentine, how much better can you get than fully vaccinated. I'm sure they think people can come here at the drop of a hat, no need to arrange holidays from work as well as arrange extra insurance, COE certificate and suffer swabs stuck up your nose all for a "relaxing" holiday and then hope they haven't changed their minds when your ready to travel. People will go somewhere else where they don't have to jump through hoops to come and sit in an alcohol free restaurant till 10pm then go home.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kevc said:

You'll not get real tourists coming if there's any sort of quarentine, how much better can you get than fully vaccinated. I'm sure they think people can come here at the drop of a hat, no need to arrange holidays from work as well as arrange extra insurance, COE certificate and suffer swabs stuck up your nose all for a "relaxing" holiday and then hope they haven't changed their minds when your ready to travel. People will go somewhere else where they don't have to jump through hoops to come and sit in an alcohol free restaurant till 10pm then go home.

I'm going so I guess I am not a real tourist?

Edited by shdmn
  • Haha 1