Are Thai Retirement Visa Requirements Changing

Was on YouTube checking out various subscriptions and I noticed the two videos on Integrity Legal Thailand's channel. Interested changed coming, if this is indeed the case. Thoughts? If these changes are coming down the road, should we assume something happening to marriage visas down the line?

Video 1 

Video 2

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pattaya1234was said:

He suggests having 1.2 million in the bank rather than the present 800,000 baht. With the banks only guaranteeing 1m baht I think this unlikely.

Why not ...? as you can take out half of that 800K after5 month's for 7 month's under your own hands/pillow ???? .... so lower the risk if you are concerned about the " 1 million deposit protection only "  ????

• Like 1

This brings back memories.

Some years ago, when Taksin was Prime Minister, the heads of each immigration office were called to Bangkok.

They were told the retirement requirements were being raised to 1.2 million baht and in four years were to be raised to 2 million.

I was 'warned' about this by the head of our immigration office who I knew well, but who has since retired.

The following year, with no increase, I was told that with the ousting of the PM it was not thought appropriate to bring in the increases!

Maybe, after all these years they are finally going to do it?

20 minutes ago, HappyGoLuckyLife said:

Not sure about Thailand, but here in the US FDIC insurance ($250K USD) covers all accounts in that bank in total. Not individual accounts.  So, if you had two accounts both with $250K. only one of those accounts would be covered by the insurance.

The solution would be to use 2 different banks. 

Then at the other hand, just to open a bank account in Thailand is a bit hit and miss. :whistling:

• Like 2