Thai police launch crackdown on prostitution

webfact

4 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Well, you sound like a very classy couple... ????

She might want to be careful though. Thailand isn't really the place for foreigners to "rip into people", especially those on the fringes who are struggling to survive and have very little to lose. Maybe a bit of empathy would be more fitting given the current situation many find themselves in? 

Whenever this topic comes up there's always posters looking down on ppl, trying to show they have more class. Her statement was blunt, that's all.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Smithson said:

Whenever this topic comes up there's always posters looking down on ppl, trying to show they have more class. Her statement was blunt, that's all.

Blunt? Maybe...

I'd have said Crass.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

I asked a girl why she was a prostitute. She "I like it." It's her body so surely she is entitled to use as she so desires.

Most of the girls I met in the entertainment business in Thailand, never said the word prostitution or whore and I truly belive they did not look at themselves as prostitutes, they worked bar to give service to customers. I never asked a bar lady about prostitution either, not my business 

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Would they not be better clamping down on drunk drivers and motorbike riders than bother about prostitution which is harming no one, provided there is no underage involved, and no one forced to do anything against their will.

I agree, it is a stupid law except for your examples many western countries no longer put much resources into enforcing it.

• Like 1

I was at a hotel close to airport where police had their convention, everywhere young girls flying around as chickens, and obviously not part of the stab on the hotel. Also quite impressive to see the drug police at a hotel in Koh Tao come to the swimming pool take off their pistol belt, order beer, and later the ladies arrive for the party! 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

There are many tourists who are turned off seeing open prostitution in Thailand. Cracking down will in fact increase the number of quality tourists.  

I would suggest there are no 'quality tourists' visiting Thailand.

And I can't imagine a future where any would want to holiday here.

2 hours ago, paul1804 said:

That will reap further havoc for the tourist industry and more unfed mouths if they try, why would you hope they close it?? If you dot like those places don't go there and if seeing them upsets you don't look!!!

Here are some fun facts for you.

1.  Closing an estimated 3% of Gross Domestic Product of the sex industry will not collapse the Thai economy

2. Satisfying your lust on someone misfortune is not exactly a noble act of feeding someone mouths

3. Prostitution is illegal in Thailand. It can’t be totally eliminated just like any countries in the world. The government is cracking down on open prostitution. Try to understand that. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The people launch a crackdown on the Thai police. Petty shakedowns, and massive corruption will no longer be tolerated.

You want to make some real money? Become a real entrepreneur, not a shake down artist, and stop sucking the blood of society, and giving little in return. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1