What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

Our House--- Thriller--ITV-- 4 episodes --8th March---IMDB 6.6-- I got from Chaos, but all episodes on Rarbg

**Blurb---Based on the best selling novel by Louise Candlish. The plot centers on Fiona Lawson, who arrives back to her home in London to find strangers moving in and her belongings no longer there. At first, she thinks her home was sold by accident but, upon discovering her husband Bram has gone missing, she soon realised there's much more going on.

Edited by sanuk711
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Will27 said:

Meanwhile, back at the ranch.

Just picked this one up on Lime.

New Scotland Yard Files

Current and former New Scotland Yard detectives open their case files to tell the inside story of how they caught some of London's most notorious killers.

Found the first episode pretty dull.

I watched "Nightride" and didn't really enjoy it because there were times when I couldn't understand what was being said because of the Irish accents, not only that it seemed to be a little convoluted to me?

It comes nowhere close to the movie with Tom Hardy, called "Locke", which was of the same genre but a far better movie IMO.

3 hours ago, xylophone said:

I watched "Nightride" and didn't really enjoy it because there were times when I couldn't understand what was being said because of the Irish accents, not only that it seemed to be a little convoluted to me?

It comes nowhere close to the movie with Tom Hardy, called "Locke", which was of the same genre but a far better movie IMO.

I added subs. I thought it was straightforward enough, but different strokes.....

On 1/1/2022 at 12:25 AM, SpaceKadet said:

The "Cobra Kai" season 4 is out in the wild, all 10 episodes of it at once. So, if you as a teenager practiced "wax on, wax off" download and watch Daniel San do it properly.

I have tried to watch it twice now. Always get thought just a few episodes, and then give up. Seems cheesy. I know how popular it is. What am I missing here?

• Like 1

On 3/4/2022 at 9:50 PM, LosLobo said:

Blacklight (2022) - IMDb Rating 4.9 starring Liam Neesom.

Do not waste your time, Liam has gone the way of Bruce Willis and Nicolas Cage.

Quite sad for an actor who was once nominated for an Oscar for award winning movie Schindler's List.

In Mexico we used to refer to movies like this one as "super velveeta". Means very tacky, and super cheesy. Every scene the kid was in was unwatchable. So manipulative, and totally ineffective. Neeson should retire. The Ice Road, the Marksman and the Honest thief were equally horrific. Really bad movies. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I added subs. I thought it was straightforward enough, but different strokes.....

Perhaps if I'd have understood what was being said, it would have become easier to understand!!!

Irrespective of that, I still think that "Locke" with Tom Hardy was a better movie.

Power of the Dog was pretty amazing. Though being a NOT PC type, I did appreciate Sam Elliott's comments on it. Talk about in your face. Got to admire a man for that kind of straight forward approach to life! 

And speaking of Sam Elliott, finally finished 1883. Wow. Talk about in your face. Likely fairly true to life, in terms of what it must have been like to make that trip by stagecoach. Great performances. Never seen Tim McGraw or Faith Hill act before. Very convincing. And Isabel May was fairly easy on the eyes, as well as very, very good. 

1883-episode-7.jpg

rs_1024x759-220228170757-1024-1883.jpg

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Liam Neeson truly is the new Steven Seagal.

Seagal has been averaging two to three movies a year, for ages now, that go straight to video. He did 7 movies in 2016, all rated 4.1 or lower on IMDB. They are likely financed by Russian gangsters, considering how many of them are filmed in Eastern Europe. No one really know what he earns per film, but they likely have a market. He is a somewhat comical figure at his age. Despite his skill, nobody could engage the characters he fight without getting pretty banged up in real life, which rarely seems to happen to him. 

Neeson could likely do the same thing, but with a net worth of $150 million, why bother? No idea why he keeps making such mediocre films, as the guy can act. He is not a great actor, but he is credible if he has a good project, writer, and director, like the first Taken film, Run all night, A walk among the tombstones, The Grey, Unknown, Seraphim falls, Kingdom of heaven, Love actually, and Michael Collins. Now he appears lost, and nobody seems to be running any good scripts by him, not that Hollywood has that many!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

No idea why he keeps making such mediocre films, as the guy can act. He is not a great actor, but he is credible if he has a good project, writer, and director

Knockin' on 70 yrs old, and they don't exactly command the best roles.  A few million extra a year never hurts either, if just wanting to work.  Seems to have plenty of that, 3 more completed, and 2 to start.

He's said himself, getting way too old for action movies, and yet, suspect another 1 or 2 in those 5.  At least he usually shoots himself out of trouble instead of fighting and doesn't look silly like Segal.

Studios probably get a very good ROI with him, vs other 10 mill $$$ A listers and 10's of millions spent on production & CGI.

• Like 1

I don't usually watch older movies, but I enjoyed this one.

RARBG with subs.

Summary: An accomplished headhunter risks everything to obtain a valuable painting owned by a former mercenary.

The first half of Ozark Season 4 was all I expect from that wonderfully quirky show.  However, I'm glad they are wrapping it up.  They can't keep that tension level forever and they are not shy about offing major characters.  Great show.  Looking forward to Season 4 Part 2 finale however it may turn out.  Looks like it is coming out on April 29th. 
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5071412/episodes?season=4

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Power of the Dog was pretty amazing. Though being a NOT PC type, I did appreciate Sam Elliott's comments on it. Talk about in your face. Got to admire a man for that kind of straight forward approach to life! 

Started watching an interview with Cumberbatch a few weeks ago.  When talking about the film he used the term toxic masculinity at least three times in app. the first minute.  That was enough for me.

Elliot makes it sound like the movie is a Village People video.

• Haha 1

Here's a lost 45 of movies. The Beast is about a Russian tank crew in Afghanistan. It was a pretty good movie when I saw it the first time. It came out in 1988. It should be in the torrents. There are some versions on youtube it seems.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, bendejo said:

Started watching an interview with Cumberbatch a few weeks ago.  When talking about the film he used the term toxic masculinity at least three times in app. the first minute.  That was enough for me.

Elliot makes it sound like the movie is a Village People video.

You should just watch the movie anyway.

It is excellent!

Though I must admit I was confused by the ending so I had to look it up for an explanation.

Very often when I visit 1337X to look at available movies, I see some old ones which reappear under the H265 format, which I don't have, however it's a good reminder for me to search for the H264 version to download, which I did last night with an old movie called "Straw Dogs", with Dustin Hoffman and Susan George.

I remember bits about it from when I first saw it, however seeing it again through a whole new different light on it for me, because it was pretty obvious that Susan George got her just rewards (in the film) through her taunting, and also seemed to enjoy it, which was something I never picked up on originally.

Quite a few other little scenarios I didn't catch on to 1st time round, so it was a worthwhile watch again.

• Like 1