What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

I watched the movie, "Idiocracy" last night because it was mentioned previously, and it was enjoyable enough and I thought it was a great parody of the state of the USA right now, and I'm sure I saw how the trump followers came to be.............

• Like 2

Devil in the Web

RAR

Summary: Examines the devastating toll of Internet crimes on victims. Criminals can use what we post to harass, humiliate and violate us--even to invade our world offline. And once this type of crime occurs, it's nearly impossible to get justice.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Thailand said:
2 hours ago, mikebell said:

I recommend DCI Banks ( 5 series.)

Justified (6 series.)

Liked Banks, not so keen on Justified

I thought DCI Banks was good and IMHO Justified is one of the best TV series I've seen.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

sorry your confused Jing,i have no problem with what a person wants to be ,just do it quietly ,no parades,flags etc ,as for  nature ,if your born a man with a penis or a woman with a vagina ,then no matter how much surgery you have your still what you were born.

on another note just watching series 4 of Ozark ,its still great.

anyway Jing have a good day.????

Obsession

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Obsession

yes i am obsessed with Ozark ,i just cant stop watching it ..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you 2 keep arguing , people will think your married......

Ozark must have improved-have to go back have a look, I watched "some" First season, That was where they brought all this money with them to where-ever  & these Kids stole it, about a million, So he goes and talks to them and they give it all back..... :w00t:

After that -haven't looked-but people keep speaking well of it so , give it another try

• Like 2

On 6/26/2022 at 6:05 PM, sanuk711 said:

John Le Carre.......Mick Herron,  But his books are in the same style as John Le Carrre novels.

That's what I meant when I wrote ''fans'' I meant fans of LeCarre's style. gettit? Focussing on the tv mini-series; it is very well done, imho.

• Like 1

Not really new but I'm addicted to "Air Crash Investigation" series.

Currently watching on Disney+ Hotstar via AIS. But downloaded all previous seasons as well.

About twenty or so with each 10 episodes. Will keep me entertained for a while.

Sherwood, as in Sherwood Forest of Robin Hood fame, is a great new, multi layered murder mystery  thriller spanning the decades between the great  miners strike of 1984, which  saw pitched battles with ten of thousands of men fighting viscously around the picket lines of the northern  minefields but its set in the  present  day. There was dirty politics aplenty, violence and extremism which rented communities apart and and in some ways  tore the country apart irrevocably changing Britain  and British politics. This bitter history is the backdrop for the investigations into a series of gruesome  murders 40 years later  currently in a small ex mining  community in Nottinghamshire.
It's a well written and well acted production with sudden twists and turns and sharp violence. The woke casting doesn't spoil  it but it is a distraction as are the flash backs to the violent  fighting on the picket lines between the predominantly  white working class miners and the massed ranks of the white police force where miraculously,  the demographics of both sides has been changed to meet the ideological needs of the liberal proponents of multiculturalism and their aspirational future which they hope to achieve  apparently by misrepresenting the past. However, this is a great show with great depth and well worth  viewing.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Currently watching Breeders . (Comedy/drama)

It’s about the trials and tribulations of parenthood and Paul ( Martin Freeman ) does well as the uptight and completely lacking in patience, short tempered father of two young children.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8129450/

I had to stop because of the vile bratty son.  There are  however three other great family  based  shows - Mum, Motherland and Outnumbered are all excellent  but different. I had high hopes  for Breeders but had to stop watching  it for fear  of giving my TV 'the back of my hand'!

51 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I had to stop because of the vile bratty son.  There are  however three other great family  based  shows - Mum, Motherland and Outnumbered are all excellent  but different. I had high hopes  for Breeders but had to stop watching  it for fear  of giving my TV 'the back of my hand'!

Yup, kinda know what you mean, while Paul’s swearing and shouting at the kids might seem a bit much at times it can be understood by the behaviour of that wimpy young lad .

Outnumbered on the other hand, those kids were hilarious ???? 

Haven’t seen the other two you mentioned but will give them a look.

3 hours ago, CLW said:

Not really new but I'm addicted to "Air Crash Investigation" series.

Me too.

I've got a 150Gb folder full of "Air Crash Investigation, Mayday" and the like.

Amazing how many air crashes there are, makes you wonder if air travel really is as safe as they say   :whistling:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

yes i am obsessed with Ozark ,i just cant stop watching it ..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you 2 keep arguing , people will think your married......

Ozark must have improved-have to go back have a look, I watched "some" First season, That was where they brought all this money with them to where-ever  & these Kids stole it, about a million, So he goes and talks to them and they give it all back..... :w00t:

After that -haven't looked-but people keep speaking well of it so , give it another try

just finished the last season ,no 4 i loved the series ,as for being married to Jing ,he hasnt asked me yet,anyway i dont think the wife  would let us.????

Edited by ivor bigun
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/21/2022 at 2:19 AM, Mutt Daeng said:

I've just finished binge watching seasons 1 & 2 of Tehran and I also thought it was very good.

Anyone know if English language audio is available for this one? 

On 6/26/2022 at 9:54 PM, xylophone said:

I watched the movie, "Idiocracy" last night because it was mentioned previously, and it was enjoyable enough and I thought it was a great parody of the state of the USA right now, and I'm sure I saw how the trump followers came to be.............

I saw this back when it was new and thought it was "too stupid" as my mother used to say of certain comedies (and believe me, she was no intellectual).

I can't count how many times I thought back to things in that movie during recent years.  It's as if the movie has gone from ridiculous to prophetic.  Pink Flamingos was reviled, condemned etc when it first came out, and now it occasionally is the highlight of film festivals; this has led John Waters to ask "did the film change while it was in the can?"

• Like 1