Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

2 hours ago, AndyFoxy said:

We’ll see

you need to get up to date before looking/sounding like a fool

Zelenskyy praises Kherson's resilience but warns Russian soldiers: 'There's no point in hiding - we'll find you'

His warning for Russian "soldiers, mercenaries and collaborators" who were left behind in Kherson and other liberated southern cities was: "The only chance for salvation is for you to surrender to Ukrainian captivity.

"We guarantee that you will be treated in accordance with the law and international standards.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/zelenskyy-praises-khersons-resilience-warns-033100803.html

• Like 1

New satellite images show a major Kherson bridge that was blown apart as Russian forces retreated from one of their biggest war wins.

"An early-morning explosion rendered inoperable last major bridge out of Kherson, the Antonivsky Bridge. New satellite images show large gaps in the structure, which was being used by Russian forces fleeing from the strategically important city in eastern Ukraine".

"A senior fellow at the Foreign Policy Research Institute, wrote on Twitter that the bridge "was destroyed by Russian forces as they retreated." Prior to the Russian retreat from Kherson, Ukrainian officials accused Russia of destroying various bridges, the suspected aim being to slow the Ukrainian advance".

NB 

The Foreign Policy Research Institute (FPRI) is a nonpartisan Philadelphia-based think tank dedicated to strengthening U.S. national security and improving American foreign policy.

New satellite images show a major Kherson bridge that was blown apart as Russian forces retreated from one of their biggest war wins (msn.com)

17 hours ago, AndyFoxy said:

I think you’ll find that Russia will end up winning this war. It will be Ukraine and NATO asking for a negotiated settlement 

Everyone has an opinion and I'd be interested to know why you think that ?

Unless there is a major reversal of policy by the US/NATO/EU/UK then I think it's highly unlikely, in the long run that Russia will win.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

Everyone has an opinion and I'd be interested to know why you think that ?

Unless there is a major reversal of policy by the US/NATO/EU/UK then I think it's highly unlikely, in the long run that Russia will win.

^Those Countries are not involved in the war

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

Where do you think all the hardware is coming from ? Where do you think the sanctions are coming from ? Where do you think the policies to reduce dependance on russia oil/gas are coming from ?

Of course they are involved

So what if other countries are helping as long as they are not putting boots on the ground or using fighter planes? I bet if you got a message a gang was coming to your house you'd be ringing your mates for backup Chelseafan.

• Like 2

Russia’s Demolition Of Roadway Over Dam Seen In Incredible Video (Updated)

Footage shows Russian forces blowing the bridge at Nova Kakhovka Dam after fleeing the Dnieper’s western bank on November 11. 

The massive explosion left a huge cloud of smoke in its wake and brilliant secondary explosions at nearby transmission lines. Attacks on Russian positions in the nearby city reportedly continued after the bridge blew, as well. 

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/ukraine-situation-report-russias-demolition-of-roadway-over-dam-seen-in-incredible-video

WZ.jpg

• Like 2

On 11/12/2022 at 8:54 PM, rudi49jr said:

I saw footage of large stockpiles of ammo/shells left behind as well. Same thing happened around Lyman. It just shows that the Russian army is not nearly as good as everyone thought. Discipline is apparently very low, moral as well, and they don’t seem to give a toss if they have to leave all their equipment behind and run like hell to save their lives. Mind you, the commanding officers seem to be the first ones to haul @ss when the going gets tough, so they don’t exactly set a good example for their troops. 

Given that the Russian military haven't been involved in a major conflict since they pulled out of Afghanistan I'm not surprised. I was in the military during and after the Vietnam war, and soon as the veterans got out the service went downhill fast to the point I had to leave it. Taken over by incompetents, bullies and blowhards.

21 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

So what if other countries are helping as long as they are not putting boots on the ground or using fighter planes? I bet if you got a message a gang was coming to your house you'd be ringing your mates for backup Chelseafan.

I'm not sure why this post was aimed at me. I was simply replying to @Mac Mickmanus who stated that NATO/EU/USA/UK were not involved in the war when they bally well are.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/14/2022 at 12:21 PM, Chelseafan said:

I'm not sure why this post was aimed at me. I was simply replying to @Mac Mickmanus who stated that NATO/EU/USA/UK were not involved in the war when they bally well are.

Where do you think all the hardware is coming from ? Where do you think the sanctions are coming from ? Where do you think the policies to reduce dependance on russia oil/gas are coming from ?

Of course they are involved .

This is what you posted Chelseafan.