Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Nevermind Oliver Stone, he was not a US President doing Putin’s bidding, praising Putin at every turn while at the same time trying to extort Zalenskyy with the threat of withholding the military aid Ukraine needed to defend itself against Russia.

Providing arms has just added to the slaughter it was a futile gesture and a weak discision of the west. 

The war will just be prolonged to an inevitable end. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, grin said:

I know quite a few people from Russia and Ukraine, mostly scientists and technologists. Not a single Russian friend has condoned the war. Most of the people I know that were still in Russia have already left. Many friends that are not in Russia are busy assisting their families getting out of Russia. None of my friends from Ukraine have left.

What is interesting is the take on news and propaganda by my friends and acquaintances from both countries. None of them believe anything official coming out of Russia. However, friends from both countries think that what is coming out of Ukraine is much more believable. They understand that a lot of it is probably propaganda but believe that Ukraine is doing a much better job on this. I've seen a few official Ukraine websites and they look pretty professional.

I find France 24 reasonable news. 

Surprised that one of there reporters reported that the  Russians were firing on military targets and many missiles being intercepted were falling close to civilain area and he had seen houses destroyed by missiles brought down. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

China is waiting to buy up Russian natural resources at bargain basement prices as the Russian economy collapses.

Why wouldn’t they?!

Because it would be immoral and show China in a very distasteful light .. The why wouldn't they? comes after I think???? 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Missiles fired by Russia during their illegal invasion of a sovereign nation.

Quite amused when hearing about "sovereign nation". 

Can a nation be really "sovereign" when some others tell them who should be made a PM and who should get the other functions?  Not speaking about other firm requests, e. g., who to fire...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Missiles fired by Russia during their illegal invasion of a sovereign nation.

The likes of what was done to 7 previous sovereign nations so world business as usual.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Saanim said:

Quite amused when hearing about "sovereign nation". 

Can a nation be really "sovereign" when some others tell them who should be made a PM and who should get the other functions?  Not speaking about other firm requests, e. g., who to fire...

Not sure what you're referring to, Zelenskyy was elected president by a huge majority in free and fair elections

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

China is waiting to buy up Russian natural resources at bargain basement prices as the Russian economy collapses.

Why wouldn’t they?!

China will help Russia correct. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Providing arms has just added to the slaughter it was a futile gesture and a weak discision of the west. 

The war will just be prolonged to an inevitable end. 

You cannot seriously believe that Putin would not have done a similar thing, with or without arms supplied by other nations. Putin has a record of being a murderous autocrat, without compassion or ethics. let alone integrity. He track record speaks for itself 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Hopefully but they seem to be doing Plan B. Leveling Ukraine.

Ukrainians will hate Russians after that for generations 

They have hated the Russians since Stalin and the 1930’s, so what’s another few generations?

5 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

Ukraine offers 1,000,000 USD reward for every defecting Russian fighter pilot as Russian morale sinks

Must hand over plane in working order. 

Daily Express

Will they also give them protection from the Kremlin hit squads which patrol the nations armed with lethal poisons?

How will Ukraine have the funds to honour such a deal? There will be no wheat crop this year, and no reparations for rebuilding for their own survivors 

34 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Will they also give them protection from the Kremlin hit squads which patrol the nations armed with lethal poisons?

How will Ukraine have the funds to honour such a deal? There will be no wheat crop this year, and no reparations for rebuilding for their own survivors 

World Bank Mobilizes an Emergency Financing Package of over $700 million for Ukraine