"Keep wearing masks" says PM as Covid cases in recently opened schools show small increase

webfact

2 hours ago, BayArea said:

Like I said before,  Thailand will have a hard time lifting the much awaited masks mandate completely. It has become a vital weapon for this junta to control the mass without firing a single shot. As long they conditioned the population about the risks of covid, they will appear to be in control.  This perpetual fear prevents street protests and large public gatherings to challenge this unlawful government. 

It’s just a mask, jeeez

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 5

2 hours ago, BayArea said:

Like I said before,  Thailand will have a hard time lifting the much awaited masks mandate completely. It has become a vital weapon for this junta to control the mass without firing a single shot. As long they conditioned the population about the risks of covid, they will appear to be in control.  This perpetual fear prevents street protests and large public gatherings to challenge this unlawful government. 

A doctor I recently spoke to on this thinks it will be at least another year before you dont have to wear a mask. Maybe they are wrong but I tend to agree with the opinion

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Thailand said:

To mask or not to mask, that is the question!

On again off again on again is there only answer today. Perhaps tomorrow there will be a better answer. Yes I am confused, how about you?

Edited by vandeventer

38 minutes ago, IamNoone88 said:

Enough aready!

Yes indeed. It is pathetic, but of course we all know there’s an agenda behind it. Masks off or this ‘person’ gets a massive heart attack. I don’t mind which comes first as long as they both happen in 2022. 

• Like 1

Covid has moved well into the domain of endemic with most countries adopting sensible precautions to protect the vulnerable.  Indeed covid is mild for the vast majority of society.  Masks seem entirely unnecessary for the vast majority although they may be well advisable for vulnerable people to wear. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tomster said:

Why do people keep saying people in Pattaya don't wear mask?

In the bars obviously they don't but just about everywhere else about 80% of people are masked inside and outside.

I live and work in Pattaya and I drive around constantly, it's just total rubbish that people have stopped wearing masks here.

And most Thai's are also still really scared of Covid as well.

Absolutely agree. I have been in Pattaya for just over 2 years and the only people not wearing masks appear to be new tourists who are few at the moment!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 2long said:

If we can't stop wearing them now/soon, then WHEN? They've had two years to vaccinate people. 

The time is NOW!

4 hours ago, Thailand said:

To mask or not to mask, that is the question!

I'll mask, my answer.

PM2.5 remains.

• Like 1

I always say that the right hand needs to know what the left hand is doing. Isn't there a chain of command in the government? Why do so many Thai government officials open big mouth and put foot inside, before the brain is engaged. Why one day it's the left say it's okay and tomorrow the right say no it's not. 555555

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tomster said:

Why do people keep saying people in Pattaya don't wear mask?

In the bars obviously they don't but just about everywhere else about 80% of people are masked inside and outside.

I live and work in Pattaya and I drive around constantly, it's just total rubbish that people have stopped wearing masks here.

And most Thai's are also still really scared of Covid as well.

Because too many people on this forum are experts in everything. These forum experts here in Thailand know it all.

• Like 1