Multiple foreigners and a Thai national allegedly involved in child trafficking in Pattaya nabbed

webfact

14 hours ago, Kenchamp said:

Basically they had a 17 year old working in their bar which is against the law in Thailand and there would have been many fellow bar owners in that vicinity on the phone to plod informing them of that.

The couple of farangs arrested will be milked of huge amounts of Baht. Not for having sex with the girl but because they also paid for it

So as usual they were running brothels fronting as bars. That's what all Thailand bars are. They are all brothels fronting as bars. 

• Like 1

Until bars are regulated with a minimum salary for bar girls and no requirements to sell drinks to patrons or get bar fined, the brothels will continue to run fronting as bars. Thailand needs less brothels that make it easy for a foreigner to open a brothel fronting as a bar. How many brothels (so called bars) will disappear if they are regulated with no requirements to sell lady drinks or bar fines? 

• Like 2

This is a sad story but it’s not just happening in this bar. I know for a fact there is a 16yr old and 17yr old girl working a bar in Hua Hin. The girls family lives across the street from my wife’s family up in the issan village. Also my wife’s distant just turned 17yr old cousin has been working there at soi 7 in Bangkok for the past year.

some are there voluntarily but I’m sure many of the youngest ones have basically been sold by their more than poor families to the bar owner. 

There’s a guy who lives near me now that the girl staying with him was a go go dancer in Pattaya since her teens. He paid 200,000 to the owner and her family to get her out of the go-go bar. 

Well seems like I know too much, I forgot the police before said there was no prostitution going on in Thailand 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dkg224 said:

There’s a guy who lives near me now that the girl staying with him was a go go dancer in Pattaya since her teens. He paid 200,000 to the owner and her family to get her out of the go-go bar.

How can one be so stupid? You can own a bar but not a person. And: For me, that is trafficking, too.

Besides that, it looks like an open bar on that poster. How can that even be? It would be impossible that no one here in this forum ever saw it or could identify it.

23 hours ago, webfact said:

A couple who allegedly operated an entertainment venue involving child trafficking were apprehended in Pattaya along with two foreign suspected child sex offenders

While I don't condone child sex in any form or that of prostitution.. Patts would be nothing without it, as would many other beach resorts.

If convicted, the sentences here I have seen for this is a few years in prison.

Not sure about the UK, but the American could be subject to prosecution in the U.S. for a federal crime of having illicit sex in a foreign country.  That is a 15 year sentence.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

If convicted, the sentences here I have seen for this is a few years in prison.

Not sure about the UK, but the American could be subject to prosecution in the U.S. for a federal crime of having illicit sex in a foreign country.  That is a 15 year sentence.  

Yes America is a great example:
"Most states have a minimum marriage age for minors with parental consent, ranging from 12-17 years old. However, California and Mississippi do not have minimum ages for minors to be allowed to marry with parental consent. Massachusetts has the lowest minimum marriage age with parental consent of 14 years old for boys and 12 years old for girls. Some states have different minimum ages for males and females, with or without parental consent". 
ref: https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/marriage-age-by-state

On 10/8/2022 at 8:10 AM, proton said:

Pattaya is probably awash with girls under 20 at it, why make an example of these people? Adding trafficking to the charges always makes it sound like slavery but I doubt the girls were forced. The place only exists for girls selling sex.

The first sentence sounds alarmingly like you are defending the indefensible. The second one could be construed as the defense offered by a potential customer. The third sentence gives us in indication of how high that horse is that you're sitting on.

That and a hint of being all a bit clueless.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

The first sentence sounds alarmingly like you are defending the indefensible. The second one could be construed as the defense offered by a potential customer. The third sentence gives us in indication of how high that horse is that you're sitting on.

That and a hint of being all a bit clueless.

Prostitution and it's participants is all indefensible, I have nothing to do with it and would not go to Pattaya if you paid me. The sex trade is a blight on the country both foreign and Thai.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/8/2022 at 7:55 AM, Iamfalang said:

60 seems a little old to be in a foreign country wrapped up in some shady stuff.

especially in Pattaya.

luring minors?????????????????

I'm sure everyone will come on here and say the girl was 17 years and 364 days.

I think NOT.

prison, life, set an example.  

I note Mr. Tacker was named but the Thai person involved was just referred to as Ms "A" ????

13 hours ago, Barbara k said:

It's about time for Thai nation to  realise Farangs are most there for sex and most have already on the pedophile list 

That's the reason why Thailand because they have access to children who are vulnerable 

And these farangs are taking advantages of a poor nation

"............and most have already on the pedophile list"

I do realise from the wording of your post that English is not your native language, but you should realise that saying things like this is at least a bit of an exaggeration, and at worst the post as a whole could be interpreted as being racist! 

Edited by sambum
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ginner said:

I would suggest you take a reality check. All Prostitution in Thailand is run by mostly Thais and/or other Asians, including children. Farangs are usually used by Thais as an excuse for the reason why Thailand is seen as the sex capital of the world. Most farangs are here leading a quiet peaceful life with families and jobs. Yes there are so called sex tourist, coming for what Thais put on offer.

Here in Pattaya many bars belong to farangs. I will never forget the farang bar owner who proudly told me he has short time rooms now. If you look mainly at Central Pattaya - it's a big red light district (including Beach Road). At night time you see mostly male farangs looking for booze and sex. But obviously these are the quality tourists Pattaya really wants to attract. Since more and more bars are opened I have no other explanation.

child trafficking

It seems most of them were teenagers and not children - especially no pre puberty children. 

This is obviously still not right. But I think there is a HUGE difference between teenagers over 15, who likely have anyhow sex, and "children".

PattayaMinors.jpeg.d5885f1e4361bf0541d3e7e8209b4db8.jpeg

15 hours ago, Onerak said:

So as usual they were running brothels fronting as bars. That's what all Thailand bars are. They are all brothels fronting as bars. 

So what?? It is when the underage situation is used that matters most. Prostitution over the consenting age should be legal. No one has any right to tell anyone what they can do with their bodies.

The main thing is, no underage sex and do forcing anyone to do anything against their will.

These people represent the worst of humanity, IMO. Sadly, just a small percentage of those involved in this sort of rotten evil and manipulative behavior, because most will never be brought to justice. 

• Like 1

On 10/8/2022 at 1:13 AM, Enoon said:

If it had been "farangs" they would have happily stated their individual round eyed, chalk faced ethnic/national origins......they always do with "whitey".

Almost certainly the individuals concerned were the "real friends" of Thailand..........who are defintely not you or anyone of your, or my, "shade".

The truth seldom pleases.

A British national called Mr. Tacker.  What "shade" do you think he is then?  Thailand has always attracted "Farangs" looking for underage girls and boys.  Along with plenty of other ethnicities. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, possum1931 said:

So what?? It is when the underage situation is used that matters most. Prostitution over the consenting age should be legal. No one has any right to tell anyone what they can do with their bodies.

The main thing is, no underage sex and do forcing anyone to do anything against their will.

Why not I am  able to snort or inject cocaine in my body? The main thing is the hypocrisy of running brothels and saying that it is a bar. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Against the law under age anything exist in thailand,bars staff and this subject has gone on for decades.In the villages the same but never caught so much.every now and then they catch some people.years ago in phnom penn in a bar the girls ladies knew they was a check point on age with customers.everyone was checking.she was just under 18 and still did what they do.Next night saw her again she was fine,but was not concerned the next day.Be honest it exist all over asia and every now and then the police do a sting on everyone involved.

Even before in the uk I knew a lady a hairdresser now did  the same drinking clubs whatever at 15 and the bars probadly knew she was under age but could never prove it had id. Now it is  photo id at all night clubs

I'm pretty sure the age of consent is under 20 in Thailand, yet, apparently, someone over the age of consent can not work in a bar. 

Probably just makes the girls between 18 to 20, freelance off the apps, until they can work in a bar.

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

I'm pretty sure the age of consent is under 20 in Thailand, yet, apparently, someone over the age of consent can not work in a bar. 

Probably just makes the girls between 18 to 20, freelance off the apps, until they can work in a bar.

You would have to go online to buy 18-20 year olds , once they get past 20, you can get them from bars 

Those convicted of such crimes should be duly punished.  However, I believe there is a presumption of innocence until proven guilty in Thailand. Lucky for the accused that they will not be facing the Asean Now jury who appear to have more information than the police.

20 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

child trafficking

It seems most of them were teenagers and not children - especially no pre puberty children. 

This is obviously still not right. But I think there is a HUGE difference between teenagers over 15, who likely have anyhow sex, and "children".

PattayaMinors.jpeg.d5885f1e4361bf0541d3e7e8209b4db8.jpeg

Children or teenagers?

If you are not a teenager yourself, then it's EQUALLY wrong. Any suggestion that it may be more acceptable with "teenagers over 15, who likely have anyhow sex" is just plain creepy.

23 hours ago, proton said:

Prostitution and it's participants is all indefensible

Not a big believer in individual freedom, I see. If two consenting adults agree to exchange sex for money, that's their business. It has absolutely nothing to do with you. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, edogthong said:

Not a big believer in individual freedom, I see. If two consenting adults agree to exchange sex for money, that's their business. It has absolutely nothing to do with you. 

Nothing to do with what what I believe, it's indefensible in law. Perhaps you should have more respect for it if you live here.