Duck Donuts opens its first Thailand store in Bangkok

webfact

Duck Donuts are fresh made with small machine when you place your order.  They are cake style donuts.  If they carry the same concept from the US they have about 20 different toppings to choose from.   It would be worth a trip to visit if staying around that area.  My favorite is peanut, chocolate, coconut.

• Thumbs Up 1

... yep, if `cause & effect` were taken just halfway into honest consideration that sh...tuff would need more restrictions than alcohol & nicotine & weed & you name it, all put together ...

And I say that as a certified donut-addict ... ????????????????

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Emdog said:

Will they have maple bars? Seem as hard to find here as refried beans....

Doesn't appear to be a regular menu item:

https://www.duckdonuts.com/menu/

Unless looking for a maple flavored breakfast sandwich ... kind of interesting:

image.png.f17e8b6ee1cfaf41c1a45cfe304f81da.png

A few other offerings w/Maple flavoring:

• French Toast – Maple Icing with Cinnamon Sugar & Powdered Sugar
• Blueberry Pancake – Blueberry Icing with Maple Drizzle & Powdered Sugar
• Maple Bacon – Maple Icing with Chopped Bacon
• Bacon in the Sun – Maple Icing with Chopped Bacon & Salted Caramel Drizzle

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Doesn't appear to be a regular menu item:

https://www.duckdonuts.com/menu/

Unless looking for a maple flavored breakfast sandwich ... kind of interesting:

image.png.f17e8b6ee1cfaf41c1a45cfe304f81da.png

A few other offerings w/Maple flavoring:

• French Toast – Maple Icing with Cinnamon Sugar & Powdered Sugar
• Blueberry Pancake – Blueberry Icing with Maple Drizzle & Powdered Sugar
• Maple Bacon – Maple Icing with Chopped Bacon
• Bacon in the Sun – Maple Icing with Chopped Bacon & Salted Caramel Drizzle

Carb city

• Thumbs Up 1

The Donuts here are truly lacking all from my experience cake donuts with toppings.

How many have had a real apple fritter?  Crispy on the outside and full inside of apple and cinnamon.  Or, how about a real old fashioned.? Crispy texture on the outside, soft in the middle. Or, a layered donut 10 to 12 layers of very thin donut stacked together.   Or, a bear claw?

Cake donuts are boring and lazy prep not a fan of what they sell.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

The Donuts here are truly lacking all from my experience cake donuts with toppings.

How many have had a real apple fritter?  Crispy on the outside and full inside of apple and cinnamon.  Or, how about a real old fashioned.? Crispy texture on the outside, soft in the middle. Or, a layered donut 10 to 12 layers of very thin donut stacked together.   Or, a bear claw?

The sad news is that there is except for  the name and layout almost nothing in common with the North American version.  

Tim Hortons has brewed coffee and you can find.  Go to a Tim and aks for a double-double.    Most donut shops have bakers that worked through the night and did the donuts in the frier.  That is long gone but also is the coffee that they provide.  Unfortunately, the only place I can get consistently brewed coffee is Starbucks which is funny because in Canada it was the last place I ever went to.

4 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Phattalung has the best donut shops

Believe it or not

14 hours ago, Tarteso said:

This is the new Plan called “Sugar, Fat and Diabetes” to find costumers for hospitals .

A friend of mine is a retired doctor from the US and he says basically that's what the US system is doing; getting, then keeping people in the system, generating profits!

14 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Because one more donut shop is going to make a load more fat and unintelligent people, right ?  :whistling:

Another unnecessary fat producing sugar laden shop filling diabetic fatties... yes one more on top of one more on top of one more.

It adds up.. just like the calories.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Another unnecessary fat producing sugar laden shop filling diabetic fatties... yes one more on top of one more on top of one more.

It adds up.. just like the calories.

Can't wait to give them a try ... ???? ????

image.gif.05cf9ca450c52881abe2024685629bbd.gif

Might be some time in the future, as rarely go to that mall area when at Krung Thep.

Hopefully a branch at Bluport Mall in Hua Hin.   Miss the the Cinnabon vendor that closed down during covid.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Haha 1

It's funny to see some here with their "anti-doughnut" rhetoric.  It's a doughnut shop for cripes sake, you don't like them, fine, no one if forcing you to eat them.  Just like there's a 7-11, a moo ping stand, a fruit smoothie stand, a noodle stand, a fruit cart on ever busy soi, there's going to be doughnut shops in the mall.

And it's easy to order doughnuts in moderation, it's not some instant fat, diabetic, carb bomb.  Eat a doughnut or two and exercise, zero drama.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1