Russian Man Arrested for Carrying Fake Euros in Chonburi

webfact

20 minutes ago, cookie1974 said:

Not the brightest spark did he not think a 500 euro note would be checked? Not exactly the type of note you see everyday 🧐

I asked my partner to pop into a currency booth to exchange Baht to Euro. I forgot to tell her small notes !  She came back with 500, 100s and 50s notes. 100s and 50s where ok but I had a devil of a job to off load the 500.

500 notes are no longer printed apparently.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, norfolkandchance said:

I asked my partner to pop into a currency booth to exchange Baht to Euro. I forgot to tell her small notes !  She came back with 500, 100s and 50s notes. 100s and 50s where ok but I had a devil of a job to off load the 500.

500 notes are no longer printed apparently.

The production was stopped because it was the criminals choice of bank note or so I read somewhere, nobody likes taking them these days.

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

The production was stopped because it was the criminals choice of bank note or so I read somewhere, nobody likes taking them these days.

I tried to change it at varies shops and supermarkets and even Banks. The Banks said that they  would take the Note but processing would take a week or two.

I finally managed to change it at a Post Office but only after some scrutiny by the staff.

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I used to bring in £50 notes from my trips to the UK. Easier to carry, and a better rate. Had to check every single note for flaws, pencil marks, anything that would get them rejected by exchanges. The fetish of completely clean notes is, or was, staggering. Even a crease from a fold would be rejected. Banks in the UK were happy to change £10s and £20s. This changed later when the anti laundering laws were tightened. You had to deposit the money first, then withdraw it in the requested denomination.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Great, another anti RU thread.   Topic could be "Man arrested for fake money"

Not sure I'm allowed to express my opinion about spreading hate, so I'll stop here :coffee1:

Can't say I've seen or read a positive thread on AN about RU or CH, even most about TH is negative.  Let that sink in :coffee1:

555 I wonder why

Edited by JoePai
  • Thumbs Up 2

On May 4, 2016, the Council of the European Central Bank decided that the 500 euro note would no longer be issued from the end of 2018. The 500 euro notes in circulation remain valid indefinitely and should remain legal tender. They have since been taken out of circulation because, in the opinion of central bankers, they are primarily used for illegal transactions.