Proof of Life

giddyup

I have been recieving my company pension Certificate of Existence every year for years and used to get it signed by my BKK Bank Mananger. However, about 3 years ago the Bank informed me that by government instruction they could no longer be a counter signatory in such cases so I now have it signed by my Dentist. It used to be that I had to return the counter signed CoE to the company but during the Covid pandemic where mail was being disrupted, the company said I could scan the CoE and send the PDF by email. Have been doing so that since then.

Edited by parallelman

Related is US Proof of Life for continued social security payments Form 7162.

For those Americans in Thailand not capable of completing the form, ie., due to dementia/alzheimer's, contact me. I will relate my successful experience with social security by phone and US Consulate (Chiang Mai) to prepare a completed 7162 despite individual's inability to participate. 

PS: I am in Thailand as a long term resident.

On 10/7/2024 at 9:10 AM, giddyup said:

I get mine done at lawyer in Pattaya for 500 baht but I'm going to the police station at Nongprue today to see if the police will do it.

I hope you have better luck than I did then. 3K baht was the asking price six months ago.

I then asked a teacher I knew and it cost me a Chang.

16 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

One would think that quick video call on Skype, Facebook messenger, WhatsApp or Line, might prove that the claimant is still alive.

That is too easy and cheap. Government cash must be spent as well as your money.

• Haha 1

On 10/7/2024 at 8:11 AM, giddyup said:

Who has received Proof of Life requests from either Centrelink or their pension fund? I have just received my second one from my private pension fund and got one from Centrelink when I turned 80, now 82. Who did you get to witness the form?

We just got one from the Netherlands Again last week  (Usually  one every year) to Verify that one is still Alive We can get this Form Signed and Stamped  by our Local SSO. 

It's Free Off Charge. 

The Dutch Luckily have an agreement with the SSO here in Thailand . We haven't have to do one for the Pension from AUS but that will happen soon I think. I am 78  now. I got my drivers license  renewed today, Got 6 Yrs  because I went in  2 Months After my Birthday.  🙏

On 10/7/2024 at 8:11 AM, giddyup said:

Who has received Proof of Life requests from either Centrelink or their pension fund? I have just received my second one from my private pension fund and got one from Centrelink when I turned 80, now 82. Who did you get to witness the form?

Needed for my father in the past. 1st time went to big private hospital in BKK. They took his pic, added to the note from the doc. Can't remember how much it was.

The next few years got it from the embassy for free.

On 10/7/2024 at 8:59 AM, 5davidhen1 said:

You will find that the usual endorsement required is certification from a notary public. These are frequently located in solicitors' offices. Cost: circa THB 1,000.

I got mine done at the police station on Beach Road Pattaya, next door to Central Mall for 200 baht. They knew exactly what to do and I was in and out in a few minutes. Every other prominent Thai person I tried refused to do it.

• Agree 1

On 10/7/2024 at 8:59 AM, 5davidhen1 said:

You will find that the usual endorsement required is certification from a notary public. These are frequently located in solicitors' offices. Cost: circa THB 1,000.

Agree, I took a friend from France, the notary, not only could not read English yet alone French, I told him what it was he signed it, and supplied copies of his diplomas, and his Photo 1k but that was a few years ago.    

On 10/7/2024 at 9:34 AM, proton said:

I fill them in myself with fake signatures, all they seem interested in is getting the form back

That's called, at the least, fraud, possibility forgery, and a reason to stop your pension payments. You risk YOUR pension cause you don't want to spend a couple hundred bt?

36 minutes ago, edwardflory said:

That's called, at the least, fraud, possibility forgery, and a reason to stop your pension payments. You risk YOUR pension cause you don't want to spend a couple hundred bt?

Were you in the boy scouts and a prefect at school? I stamp it with a Chinese stamp, never had pension stopped. Some worry too much. Not the cost it's the inconvenience.

Edited by proton