Good tv series

beechbum

Have just DL'd:

Blindspot S1, Empire S2, Homeland S5, Quantico S1, The Bastard Executioner S1, Limitless S1, The Last Kingdom S1, The Blacklist S3 and Brooklyn Nine-Nine S3.

Obviously all incomplete.

Have only watched 1 episode of The Bastard Executioner and don't mind it.

• 2 weeks later...

Have just DL'd:

Blindspot S1, Empire S2, Homeland S5, Quantico S1, The Bastard Executioner S1, Limitless S1, The Last Kingdom S1, The Blacklist S3 and Brooklyn Nine-Nine S3.

Obviously all incomplete.

Have only watched 1 episode of The Bastard Executioner and don't mind it.

You'll like Homeland. I just finished series 3 & 4, and watched the first of series 5. Peter Quinn is my new hero. When asked what he'd do about Syria he says:

"200,000 American troops on the ground indefinitely to provide security and support for an equal number of doctors and elementary school teachers."

Interviewer: "Well, that's not going to happen. What else would make a difference?"

Quinn: "Hit reset."

Interviewer: "Meaning what?"

Quinn: "Meaning pound Al-Raqqah into a parking lot."

biggrin.png

Is the blacklist season 3 worth of watching? I stopped watching the season 2 at some point.

i think 3 is maybe better than 2. the focus has changed to lizy on the run but james spader is as brilliant as ever

i'm trying to like 'river', it seems like a show you should rave about, but i just find it really boring. i guess i like more action and less acting.

i think this new season of homeland is maybe the best yet, lots of great spy shit going on.

the last kingdom is pretty good medieval drama about the danish running a mock over England. i'm rooting for the Danish, they seem way more fun than the indigenous Saxons, who are up tight religious zealots.

and there's another period dram about Henry VIII's time called Wolf Hall. not sure if i like it but pretty sure the Tudors was way better

Thanks. I'll check the blacklist.

I'll also check if the river is good.

Just to make clear. I don't like action scenes, unless those offer something special. In fact I often fast forward the gun fighting parts.

Is the blacklist season 3 worth of watching? I stopped watching the season 2 at some point.

I've started following the current season of Blacklist after having trouble maintaining interest in the early seasons.

One good thing, if you miss an episode, you can catch up on "Quantico", they have the same plot.

Bastard Executioner is OK I think. If a bit slow.

Sense 8 I binned after about 5 episodes. Talk about sloooooow. Write up for the show talks of people connected telepathically trying to avoid those hunting them. 6 episodes in and it's still just a bunch of folks who pop up on each other's radar now and then. Not a 'hunter' in sight. Bucket loads of gay sex though. The point being what exactly?

Wolf Hall ok but quite slow and a bit drab / dull. I too think The Tudors handled it much better and at least had some live. Wolf Hall is a bit like watching a televised Shakespeare play.

Hopefully The Americans will be back early 2016. Prefer that over Homeland but both good.

Plan to give Blindspot a try too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

want to be depressed, ISIS isn't enough? check out 'The Man in the High Castle'. its actually really good but very very dark. its set in the 50's after WW2 but here's the catch, the Nazis won after dropping an A bomb on Washington DC. So the Nazis have the eastern US and the Japanese have the west. Hitler is still alive but sick and will die soon, then whoever takes over will probably nuke the Japanese.

anyhow, its shocking to see how easily the US population has taken to their new Nazi overlords, maybe even a little prophetic about how the US might turn under a President Trump or Carson.

this is not your fun, satirical romp like 'The Brink' but HIGHLY recommended.

Edited by stevehaigh
  • Like 1

Just about to give this a spin too.

Dark Matter: The six-person crew of a derelict spaceship awakens from stasis in the farthest reaches of space. Their memories wiped clean, they have no recollection of who they are or how they got on board. The only clue to their identities is a cargo bay full of weaponry and a destination: a remote mining colony that is about to become a war zone. With no idea whose side they are on, they face a deadly decision. Will these amnesiacs turn their backs on history, or will their pasts catch up with them?

Haven't seen it, but, have heard the actors are all unknowns (not a bad thing) with crap acting skills.

Will give it a go when I run out of other stuff.

7.1 at IMDB but I pulled the plug on it after three episodes just did not find it entertaining . sad.png

As a long suffering Sci Fi fan I was dissapointed with Dark Matter although it did get going a bit as it went on. I must confess that if it wasn't for Melissa O'Neil (super hot) AKA #2 I would have given up early.

• Like 2

Halfworlds starts on HBO imminently I think. Looks interesting.

"The story features a parallel world of bloodthirsty creatures from Indonesian mythology, who have lived among humans for centuries, but whose hidden existence is uncovered as a supernatural day of reckoning draws near."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk