Good tv series

beechbum

Just finished the final series of Elementary and onto Get Shorty next I think.

Edit: Just noticed that The Man in the High Castle S4 has bee released in full on a nautical related site. I've found the other seasons a bit heavy at times but still it draws me in.

Edited by Psimbo

On 11/21/2019 at 3:36 PM, beechbum said:
On 11/21/2019 at 2:58 PM, LeungKen said:

And let's not forget :- Errol Flynn, Rod Taylor, Jack Thompson, Chris Hemsworth, Anthony LePaglia, Jackie Weaver, Bryan Brown, Paul Hogan, Barry Humphries, John Mellon, Chips Rafferty, David Gulpilil to name but a few more. ????

You seem to have forgotten...Hugo Weaving, Hugh Jackman and...Jeanne Little!!

I was concentrating on award winners, but if we're naming all, I can come up with a few more:

Naomi Watts, Margot Robbie, Ruby Rose, Melissa George, Simon Baker, Rose Byrne, Guy Pearce, Joel Edgerton, Isla Fisher, Eric Bana, Sam Worthington. David Wenham, LIAM Hemsworth, Katherine Langford, Ben Mendelsohn, Greta Scacchi (met her), Radha Mitchell, Portia de Rossi, Bruce Spence, Olivia Newton-John, Elle McPherson, Leo McKern, Frances O'Connor (knew her sister),  Aunty Jack.

There are many more. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/25/2020 at 4:13 PM, bubblegum said:

Avenue 5

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10234362/

Over the top comedy with Hugh Laurie. 

I initially thought this would be another silly space comedy, but the writing is hilarious. The way all have trouble with Hugh Laurie's accent changing between British and American and him even being accused of being Australian is a dig at his US career.

The attempts to send the dead into the void of space only to find them, hanging out of their damaged coffins, endlessly orbiting the spacecraft in front of the viewing windows is an example of the humor.

It's on my favorites.

5 hours ago, Old Croc said:

I initially thought this would be another silly space comedy, but the writing is hilarious. The way all have trouble with Hugh Laurie's accent changing between British and American and him even being accused of being Australian is a dig at his US career.

The attempts to send the dead into the void of space only to find them, hanging out of their damaged coffins, endlessly orbiting the spacecraft in front of the viewing windows is an example of the humor.

It's on my favorites.

Watched the first episode ,not to impressed ,gave the 2nd episode a go ,just dont find it funny in the least ,shame ,because the idea is good ,just the actors are not funny.

9 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

Watched the first episode ,not to impressed ,gave the 2nd episode a go ,just dont find it funny in the least ,shame ,because the idea is good ,just the actors are not funny.

Not at all surprised you and I have varying senses of humor.

Spotlight on The Troubles- excellent series on Northern Ireland. 

Great Asian Railway Journeys. Skip the first two cliched episodes about HK and go onto the next 4 about Thailand. It includes the restoration of a Palace in Hua Hin by the daughter of the elder sister of the top man in the country (surely that wont breach any site rules!). Portillo is a bit of a strange character who dresses like an off-duty Cavalry Officer on Acid but puts his story across well. As an aside when he did the elementary in Kanch he went out of his way to engage with the staff. 20 parts in all- 30 minutes each.

Highways thru Hell- breathtaking scenery, extreme weather and guys with the ability to apply math without thinking and carry out some interesting recoveries.