Thailand reports 14,150 new COVID-19 cases, 118 more deaths

webfact

8 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Concerns are increasing about a possible cluster event at Bang Sue Grand station as many people are driving several hours in the hope that they will get vaccinated before walk-ins are stopped at the end of the month 

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1419897144782192645

I still think this is the walk in crowd. Those with the 4 pm appointment shouldn't experience this (I hope) as it's appointment only. I got there at 3:45 and it looked nothing like that. I basically walked straight in. No real queue of any significance. Of course that's not to say this isn't super spreader territory. It is. As I previously said there would and will have to be infected people there. 

• Like 1

It’s already plateau’ing, probably due to reached capacity in testing but who cares. In one month the rates will be down as this wave burns itself out, even the loudest panickeurs will have to shut up. Sadly, the damage to the economy from knee-jerk reaction will stay.

• Confused 7
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Dan Andrews is the Premier of the state of Victoria in Australia and has been a constant on the ABC news in Australia for the past 18 months and has claimed the gold standard of the entire world on how to deal with the pandemic and has been instrumental in the success of Victoria's 5 lockdowns to date.

Good work on the lockdowns. But how is his vaccination program going? That is the biggest part of dealing with the pandemic.

1 minute ago, anchadian said:

Mongkut Wattana hospital to reject COVID patients “dumped” on the doorstep

The director of Bangkok’s Mongkut Wattana Hospital has issued a stern warning to those who attempt to jump the admissions queue by dumping COVID-19 infected people at the hospital without advance coordination, in hope of being admitted, saying he means business and will not tolerate such a practice.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/mongkut-wattana-hospital-to-reject-covid-patients-dumped-on-the-doorstep/

Strong words. But I wonder what he can do in practice? Just ignore them lying on the pavement? It’s wrong to try and jump the queue, but there shouldn’t be a queue in the first place. Now that there is one, the authorities must do more to help those that are sick.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DanielS said:

Yes, for my daily life it matters. 

If , for example, near every new case is in workers camps, I can continue most of my normal life in Pattaya city.

Of course wouldn't want to be inconvenienced at all now would you.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Bangkok - 2,635

Samut Sakhon - 1,092

Chonburi - 884

Bangkok is about 7 times the population of Chonburi (10.5 million v 1.5 million).

7 X 884 = 6,188 cases, if equal size

Late May we were told "Chonburi Province is preparing to open some 40 vaccination centers, in the hope of achieving herd immunity and restarting tourism businesses."

As far as I know only Chonburi Hospital giving Sinovac shots. Correct me if I'm wrong

Powers in Bangkok only seem to care about Bangkok

• Like 1

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

Concerns are increasing about a possible cluster event at Bang Sue Grand station as many people are driving several hours in the hope that they will get vaccinated before walk-ins are stopped at the end of the month 

A lack of planning and a complete lack of social distancing, looks to be a right old CF.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Nah no sarcasm there so no misunderstanding on your part.So now we must ensure that everyone must get vaccinate every year for the flu because the flu also kills people and to not vaccinate against the flu is deliberately risking other people's live and it has been thus a long time before this virus came along so are you accusing every who hasn't been vaccinating against the flu of deliberately endangering the lives of those that died of the flu?Oh that's right this is different because it's not the flu even though the flu has been killing people for a lot longer than covid has.

I must say you confuse me  

2 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

"So you're willing to put your family and the community at risk of dying until you can get a vaccine of your choice even if it takes another 6 months?"

And then you say that you're against all restrictions aginst people who are not vaccinated. 

2 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I'm against any restrictions placed on people who don't get vaccinated as has started happening in France and has been hinted at in Oz

It doesn't make sense. And now you compare the seasonal flu with covid-19. Yes, the seasonal flu kills but it doesn't make the health care system break down. Max a few hundred thousand people die of the flu in India every year. "Between 3.4 and 4.9 million estimated excess deaths were reported in India between Jan. 2020 and June 2021, while the Indian health ministry's reported death toll of approximately 400,000". (https://edition.cnn.com/world/live-news/olympics-coronavirus-pandemic-07-20-21/h_950e9295e6f410b7fe471719ac57e101) .

Do you see a difference? Compare apples with apples please.

I don't know exactly where we should draw the line but of course there should be a line. How great the risk that people die or have their livelihoods destroyed is a good start to look at. An overwhelmed health care system accentuate that.

I have several pre-existing conditions, I would refuse to send my daughter to school if it opens in November and the school had an unvaccinated teacher. Any Thai school (international, private or government) would surely remove the teacher. This is what Thai's think should happen and we are in Thailand. This is now.  

Edited by MikeyIdea
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

GMM Channel 25 just showed the 2 girls (7 and 9) from Bang Phli whose mother died and who have covid themselves.  It sounded like they, medical workers, are trying to find a place for them in a facility since they have no living family left.  

absolutely tragic and hope the poor girls will find a new home ASAP

I wouldn't want to be in Thailand for the next 8 weeks, stories like that will become too common

Edited by GrandPapillon
  • Thanks 1

The Phuket “sandbox” scheme, as an initial step in the country’s reopening to international arrivals, will continue, despite the announcement of closures of venues in response to rising infections on the island and in many other parts of the country. https://thaip.bs/12aTZ2r

People arriving on the sandbox scheme are probably the safest to be around, fully vaccinated with a good vaccine, + 3 PCR checks while here. The ones to worry about are the locals.

• Like 2

I understand people's frustration! But now its really important to keep distance to others! Already many nurse's and doctors are getting covid because delta variant dont care are you wearing mask! 

Edited by 2 is 1

Mongkut Wattana hospital to reject COVID patients “dumped” on the doorstep

The director of Bangkok’s Mongkut Wattana Hospital has issued a stern warning to those who attempt to jump the admissions queue by dumping COVID-19 infected people at the hospital without advance coordination, in hope of being admitted, saying he means business and will not tolerate such a practice.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/mongkut-wattana-hospital-to-reject-covid-patients-dumped-on-the-doorstep/

So this director is not doctor or doctors in Thailand never heard Hippocratic Oath!

Out of 13,866 local cases (outside prisons) most in

Bangkok - 2,635

Samut Sakhon - 1,092

Chonburi - 884

Samut Prakan - 719

Nonthaburi - 536

Chachoengsao - 486

Rayong - 314

Pathum Thani - 301

Ubon Ratchathani 289

Sa Kaeow - 279

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1419901566660734977

Samut Sakhon edging toward 1,100. Just saw an ambulance go past with 3 full PPE people in the front (lights on but in no hurry) followed a minute later by a police pickup and those guys were full PPE (something I haven't seen before). Another covid death at home is my only conclusion. Something I've never seen mentioned before on here (maybe it has) but death figures should now be broken down to those who died in hospital and those that didn't. Unfortunately will never happen because it wouldn't look good. Plenty more to say about this but what's the point. The govt is in the business of cover up to try and get tourism back. Pratut: I will open the country up in 180 days. Absolute brainless fool. If I remember I think that was mid October. 10 wks to go. I have previously stated that by this time I believe Thailand will be in the 100,000,000 infections club.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

I understand people's frustration! But now its really important to keep distance to others! Already many nurse's and doctors are getting covid because delta variant dont care are you wearing mask! 

Rubbish. Masks are the 1st line of protection being it you spreading to another or another spreading to you. Medical staff have high levels of exposure.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Samut Sakhon edging toward 1,100. Just saw an ambulance go past with 3 full PPE people in the front (lights on but in no hurry) followed a minute later by a police pickup and those guys were full PPE (something I haven't seen before). Another covid death at home is my only conclusion. Something I've never seen mentioned before on here (maybe it has) but death figures should now be broken down to those who died in hospital and those that didn't. Unfortunately will never happen because it wouldn't look good. Plenty more to say about this but what's the point. The govt is in the business of cover up to try and get tourism back. Pratut: I will open the country up in 180 days. Absolute brainless fool. If I remember I think that was mid October. 10 wks to go. I have previously stated that by this time I believe Thailand will be in the 100,000,000 infections club.

I think it was 120 days. He likes to be ambitious 5555.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Rubbish. Masks are the 1st line of protection being it you spreading to another or another spreading to you. Medical staff have high levels of exposure.

I think he just meant that a mask is not sufficient protection to stop delta. Not that it isn’t any protection at all.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

100 million? Did you add in a nought or two?

• Haha 2

BP reported that a couple dumped an 80-year-old man they called "father" at a temple in Bua Lai district and drove off, and he was later confirmed to be infected with Covid-19

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

I think it was 120 days. He likes to be ambitious 5555.

Ok so that was how long ago and now even sooner to open up. Still be knocking on the 100,000,000 (edit 1,000,000 LOL) door barring ways to manipulate the numbers down.

Edited by dinsdale

BMA launches widespread testing, home-isolation scheme to curb spread of Covid-19

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) has dispatched a response team to test residents in high-risk areas using rapid antigen test kits. The aim is to remove infected patients from the community to curb the spread of the virus.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40003824

• Thanks 1