Poll: Naughty Walking Street R.I.P.?

Jingthing

Walking Street's Future  

243 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

5. No great loss to society. 

6. Get a life.

I'm sorry you lost your joie de vivre. I have a GREAT life and will still welcome Walking Street's triumphant return.

Maybe try what I would do - find some Walking Street virgins and take them on a tour. When you see their amazement, it always spills over to you. Sharing is caring.

• Like 1

Walking street as it once was is now consigned to memories and history.

A much tamer version of it may emerge in some form for tourist dollars and/or the professionals relocate to another soi, but it will never be truly "gone" as long as there is a demand someone will supply it, thats why its the worlds oldest profession.

• Like 1

I hope so, I'm sick of people online asking me if I bought my wife or if I like ladyboys. 

Pattaya would be a good place with out the sex addicts in denial. 

Probably the only city in the world not to have Sexaholics Anonymous, and the one that needs it the most.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Well I voted that its over permanently as being a commercial sex oriented zone. To me its obvious that's something for a bit inland. I understand people's skepticism about this but I'm a little surprised that the majority don't agree that it's over.  As far as what I would prefer I do prefer the big proposed changes as hetero fleshpot Walking Street was never my scene except for the seaside dining. 

The gay equivalent to this question is whether South Pattaya Boyztown is permanently finished as well. I think most probably but I'm less sure about that as Chinese ladies used to love the place.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, bbko said:

It's going to take a lot more than a 4-5 year pandemic to wipe out the oldest profession on earth.

No one is saying they are going to stop prostitution.  However, it is highly likely that given the new tourism of cruise ships and families that Walking street as we knew it is dead.

Then again before anyone had heard of covid the owners were complaining that business was dead.

Let's face it the area is grungy and run down there really is noting there for a tourist. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

1. Don't know.

2. Don't care.

Loved Pattaya and Walking Street when I first went there (long after travelling to other parts of Thailand) in 2000. After 2002 it went downhill, with the girls' attitudes dramatically changing, more pollution, etc. I still went there infrequently until 2016. I'm not looking back. R.I.P. Walking Street!

Edited by StayinThailand2much

1 minute ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Loved Pattaya and Walking Street when I first went there (long after travelling to other parts of Thailand) in 2000. After 2002 it went down the hill, with the girls' attitudes dramatically changing, more pollution, etc. I still went there infrequently until 2016. I'm not looking back. R.I.P. Walking Street!

Was a regular until 2013(ish)... yeah it started to turn to expensive <deleted>... when the agency girls started to become more common... I stop going, much more fun trolling the beer bars looking for a gem.

but now we have Thai friendly and having tasty poontang arrive on the door step is soo soo much better.

4 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

If walking street disappears and becomes just another shopping mall then the business which used to be conducted there will move somewhere else.

There is always going to be a demand for these services.

However that place may not be in Thailand. It could very well be in another SEA country.

Probably Philippines 

5 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

If walking street disappears and becomes just another shopping mall then the business which used to be conducted there will move somewhere else.

There is always going to be a demand for these services.

However that place may not be in Thailand. It could very well be in another SEA country.

Follow the honey

• Haha 1

Supply and demand? I await getting past Covid and the return of Thai tourism before getting enough indication as to the direction. I had my time there and am happily settled so it will mean nothing to me … except very fond memories!

10 hours ago, jackinthebox said:

Walking Street will probably be more a "family entertainment venue" with Cabarets and some Shows. The "fleshpot nightlife zone" will move (back) to Soi Buagkaow or "Third Road. "

or move even further to Khorat Buriram Khonkaen...

• Confused 2

9 hours ago, bbko said:

It's going to take a lot more than a 4-5 year pandemic to wipe out the oldest profession on earth.

Yes and will the BIB really let ministers close down one of their favourite moneymakers, or turn a blind eye as before? 

• Like 2