Thailand to consider extending lockdown amid warning over rising cases

Jonathan Fairfield

21 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

and always urging people to get vaccinated as soon as possible.. But there are no vaccines available only Sinovac which is proven many times it is not effective and other vaccines are in the country not available.. Mor Prom doesn't work and I know from several people that they are waiting already for more than 4 months without any possibility to get an appointment, But on the other hand we also heard that friends of people in hospital are being vaccinated without any appointment.. There is some work to do....

It's patchy, to say the least.  I registered with my local hospital, BHP,  4 weeks ago,  I received my first vaccine 6 days ago. AZ, with my second appointment for 2nd November.  So, as I say, its patchy.  

• Like 1

"Thailand's Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) will decide on Monday (Aug 16) whether the current restrictions put in place to limit the spread of COVID-19 need to be extended.

... On Monday, the CCSA will also consider relaxing some measures."

the last sentence of this article contradicts the title and the first sentense.

It looks like more burden on small businesses, including street markets, but allowing on partial opening of shopping centres

• Like 2

Inter provincial travel restrictions?I see check points but that"s it.

Last week a guest house in Hua-hin was still inviting people from Bangkok to come and stay there

and this was on Facebook.

A lot of talk but again,no enforcement.

A further lock down would mean more police on the streets of Bangkok,if you know what i mean.