Woman who robbed dying man in Pattaya is "not a nurse" says hospital director - "she looks after patients"

webfact

This happens far more often than one might imagine. In his last year my father wrote himself a close string of $100 checks for petty cash which one of his 3 or 4 caregivers had to have been taking to the bank, but it was far more in a short time than his needs normally called for. But whoever was prompting him didn't have to sign at any point, and they were surely all in on it. Luckily they didn't realize how well off he was, and at most it was $2000, probably less. It was a small town and I knew they would all stick together, so I wrote it off in my mind. 

Just assume it is going to happen if there is any way.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

But how did she obtain the PIN number?

Apparently written on a bit of paper in the wallet....

He said that people should not bring valuables to hospitals. 

Leave them home and let the relatives at it!

When I stayed overnight in a hospital the room had a hotel style safe..... 

So it was just a person that looks after patients?  So in Thailand any type of person can be hired to look after patients in a hospital?   Not even have an official job title , just a person?  I’m guessing the person had a medical reason to be there, and not housekeeping. 
And it would be difficult not to bring valuables to a hospital for an unplanned visit or stay in an emergency situation.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The thief could lose their job as well as face criminal prosecution. Really? She could lose her job? Wow. Such a hardship imposed upon a criminal. And she might even face criminal prosecution? Say it ain't so.

oh, it's so. i dated a university lecturer, noticed that her pin number was 9999, told her to change it. she didn;t and a couple of months later her account was emptied, around 80K. i told her it would be someone she knew as they would have seen her using her card and remembered her number, i even identified an individual. police investigation later, sure enough it was the friend i suspected. friend repayed the money, eventually, but was not prosecuted and did not lose her job. it's just how it is here.

• Like 2

On 2/12/2022 at 5:50 AM, webfact said:

The man who died was fine when he came into the hospital with Covid but later developed bad symptoms and was in ICU. 

I think that might be worth more coverage than this whole hoopla over 4,500 baht

Not defending the woman-yes it was wrong to steal, sack her and move on-but the fact a man was fine when he entered hospital and ended up in icu is kind of worrying.

Edited by Bluespunk
clarification
  • Like 2