Srettha's Support Dwindles as MFP Gains in Latest NIDA Poll

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

the poll also highlighted a decline in the popularity of Pheu Thai Party leader Paetongtarn Shinawatra and a rise in support for the Move Forward Party (MFP).

Oh , I love that .

Thaksin's relentless efforts to discredit Move Foreward seem not to go in the direction he wants .

Many woke up to his lies and see what happens in reality .

His return from Dubai has done no favor to the Pheu Thai party .

Good .

• Like 2

Paetongtarn received commendations for her vision, leadership, and understanding of Thailand’s problems.

She has a vision ?

So , she is a visionary ?

She understands Thailand's problem ?

She is a part of the problem herself .

The MFP remains the most popular political party, with support increasing slightly to 49.20%. In contrast, Pheu Thai saw a decline in support, dropping to 16.85% from 22.10%.

Go , MFP , go ...

But , more they become popular , more it is possible that the party will be dissolved , and Pita banned from politics .

It is not only Thaksin who dislikes them ...

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Andycoops said:

Unfortunately he's all talk and show and there is no substance behind his addressing any issues.

Just a Muppet put out as someone has to be seen, they might as well wheel out a cardboard cutout...

Whilst I tend to agree about Muppets, I do wonder where that leaves us - the two old fellows shouting from the balcony perhaps?

• Haha 2

Probably the majority of Thai families are suffering financial woes; police and military corruption and incompetence are still reported in the media; local people of "influence" still have power.

Most Thai people want change and an improvement in their lives - the old guard cannot and have not delivered; thus most Thai people want change, and change for the better; they want to advance - only one political Party offers them hope.

The Party which the Thai establishment power elite will seek to destroy this month.

But the question is - how will the Royal Thai Army respond?  NO, not the generals and other senior officers!!!, but the rank and file soldiers, the majority of whom seem to have supported the Move Forward Party, if one examines the last election data for the electorates containing Thai military bases.

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Supporters of the Thai premier lauded his decisiveness and determination to resolve issues affecting the populace. Paetongtarn received commendations for her vision, leadership, and understanding of Thailand’s problems.

Must say I am curious as the the Survey design/questions if that was from the survey.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

The survey revealed that only 12.85% of voters currently support PM Srettha, a drop from 17.75% in the previous survey.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

The poll, conducted from June 14th to 18th, surveyed 2,000 eligible voters.

I wish they would stop reporting these poll results to the second decimal place. With 2,000 people in the survey, .01% is equal to 1/5 of a person...

2 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Interesting poll, but MFP still face enormous problems. For the govt attitude towards westerners living in Thailand to improve it would need Thaksin, and acolyte Srettha, to be well and truly gone. Anutin far less of a problem.

I agree, but A-nut-in is still a xenophobic racist that would not be good news for us. Alas, all we can do is watch, and hope.

3 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

I agree, but A-nut-in is still a xenophobic racist that would not be good news for us. Alas, all we can do is watch, and hope.

He is probably going to do us more damage as Interior Minister overseeing proposed changes to Non Imm visas than as PM.

1 minute ago, mokwit said:

He is probably going to do us more damage as Interior Minister overseeing proposed changes to Non Imm visas than as PM.

I never thought of that, thanks. Same as Big Joke when He was quoted as saying He thought the money in the bank should be 3 million to weed out undesirables.

2 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

I never thought of that, thanks. Same as Big Joke when He was quoted as saying He thought the money in the bank should be 3 million to weed out undesirables.

It is probably Jokes recommendations he is perusing. Joke said he would make recommendations, including for the "too easy" retirement extension and forward it to Chief of Police for consideration by the next (now current) Government.

• Agree 1

Thailand continues to mourn. Of course this goons popularity is falling. He is a do nothing PM. For now, its future has been stolen once again by the army thieves and goons. The army is no doubt the enemy of the people, and so is the new stooge PM. The recent election shows that the people are both sick of being led by highly ignorant dinosaurs, with no interest in progress, and are interested in smart, young folks, who are serious, accomplished, capable of change, and interested in insuring that Thailand has a good future. Pita is exactly what this nation needs, at this point in time. However, he was too progressive, and the goons had to stop him, in the name of regression.

After all, this is a man who interrupted his studies at MIT, during an MBA program at Sloan to rescue his father's rice bran oil business, Agrifood, after this fathers death. He was successful, and is paying down the 100 million baht his father borrowed to start the company. This is a serious man. Very unlike the failures before him. He then went back and finished his MBA, at one of the top business schools on the planet. He is an accomplished man, unlike the army goons, who are only good at bossing young men around. Nothing else. Nada. Zero. Nunca. 

Prices are up, inflation continues its march, and income for many Thais who are not successful entrepreneurs, or government workers, is down. Tourism is mostly bringing in low end visitors with little money to spend. The quality of tourists continues to drop, the average spend is down, and occupancy rates are low. In addition, exports are down, and we have not even seen a real recession hit yet overseas. Nor has the market correction come yet. So, there is still alot of headwind that Thailand faces. Srettha is the last man Thailand needs for a leader. 

1 hour ago, chickenslegs said:

12.85% of 2000 people is exactly 257 people.

And represents false precision in a poll whose margin of error is at least 2%, and probably higher. Scientific polling can tell us a lot about trends and opinions in a population, but it isn't meant or designed to provide the level of exactitude that pollsters here try to assign to it.

2 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

that was an attempt to help make it more difficult to get visas so he could pocket more from agents...

some people here still think big joke was a good guy...

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

that was an attempt to help make it more difficult to get visas so he could pocket more from agents...

some people here still think big joke was a good guy...

I agree 100%. In fact I was going to post that when He was in immigration, and did what He did, it only drove more people down the agent route. 

I am also of the opinion that He is as much a xenophobe as A-nut-in & old Teflon.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

I agree 100%. In fact I was going to post that when He was in immigration, and did what He did, it only drove more people down the agent route. 

I am also of the opinion that He is as much a xenophobe as A-nut-in & old Teflon.

for arguments sake, do you have any links to that 3 million thing?

in another thread i am constantly butting heads with morons who think this guy is so great