Is TVF exceptionally slow today?

thaibeachlovers

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes if you would like to go and work for invision it would be great as I'd have someone else to complain too as well. I know of 5 other forums running with the same issues as ourselves. They are getting no where same as us [emoji20]

TD
Is it the database causing the problem?

Do you have another stand alone complete system to run tests on before you implement the migration?

I sympathise with you.

Hope you get it sorted before the breakdown.....I recommend the 'Headspace' application before/after the breakdown. [emoji26]

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

It's ridiculously slow, & almost not worth logging on.

TV is a great source of information, & judging by the huge amount of adverts, generates a decent income.

Perhaps the owners could give more resources to the Tech Doctor, so the site can be fixed permanently?

46 minutes ago, faraday said:

The pages load very slowly. I read your comment & to post this reply has taken about 45 seconds.

:sad:

It could be a problem with your internet connection. Perhaps you should do a speed test.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It could be a problem with your internet connection. Perhaps you should do a speed test.

If every other site I use is fast, I can't see why my internet connection would single out TVF to be the only slow site.

It is better today, but I'm not allowed to comment on why I think so due to forum rules.

32 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If every other site I use is fast, I can't see why my internet connection would single out TVF to be the only slow site.

It is better today, but I'm not allowed to comment on why I think so due to forum rules.

Makes me chuckle for a few weeks the site has been beset with problems.  Slow and very slow.  Now suddenly it comes back to what is classed as normal for TV (still 10 x slower than other sites)  and suddenly it your internet  ? 

32 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Now suddenly it comes back to what is classed as normal for TV (still 10 x slower than other sites)  and suddenly it your internet 

I can see little difference with loading times between Thai visa and other large sites. Page load from the link in about 7 seconds and a refresh the same. A local newspaper site about 9 seconds to load. I can assure you I can finds sites much slower.  Try this one that is a single page website that takes about 15 seconds to refresh. http://www.thaiembassy.org/main/

The person that I replied to did not make a comparison to another site.

28 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I can see little difference with loading times between Thai visa and other large sites. Page load from the link in about 7 seconds and a refresh the same. A local newspaper site about 9 seconds to load. I can assure you I can finds sites much slower.  Try this one that is a single page website that takes about 15 seconds to refresh. http://www.thaiembassy.org/main/

The person that I replied to did not make a comparison to another site.

All i can say is you must use slow sites. 

6 minutes ago, BuaBS said:

Is it me , or is it quite slow again today ? ( Thursday 12th oct)

no not you back to snail pace and bad gateway along with the fatal error. Cant complain we had 4 days of ok ness

It's slow....Only showed the screen to input pics - not text....

Reset & tried again = only pics...

3rd time could input text but not accompanying the pics....Had to start another reply....

A lot of kicking out to google when trying to change pages....

It's slow....Only showed the screen to input pics - not text....

Reset & tried again = only pics...

3rd time could input text but not accompanying the pics....Had to start another reply....

A lot of kicking out to google when trying to change pages....

It was terrible around 2 pm .

The Android app would only give error message "This thread may have been deleted by administrator" or something like that. 

Then I tried the website and it worked but very very slow.

Seem to be back to normal now. 

TV very slow right now (6:49pm) and getting a lot of "timed out" message when trying to connect to posts.    I'm on a 200Mb speed plan in Bangkok.  Reaching other sites no problem....the sites pull right up/zip right along.

Hmm, it takes ages to open the reply space or a page for that matter. Lets see what happens when I try to send a message.

"Thaivisa did not send any data" is the message I get a lot. The page will not open or only after a while or a reload. 

Sites gone spastic now. Opens up threads I didn't click on, completely different threads from the one I did click on, ads I didn't click on, drops me out of the forum so I have to log on again, despite having 'remember me' on, and every time I have to wait, wait, wait and wait for the page to load up.

Bah humbug and I'm out of it now.

Maybe it'll be better tomorrow, maybe.