A nightmare is unfolding.....

10 minutes ago, kiteman9 said:

Get your own sound system and play some Jimi Hendrix full volume when they are playing karaoke.

I find that AC/DC generally does the trick, but you'll have to play it loud!

I take it that you must be located in Issan somewhere, if everything else fails, might be worth to take a trip to Nakhorn Si Tamarat and have a chat with the boys there. They can be very persuasive if you need....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Moving to her village was always going to be a disaster.

Look at it this way, now you have an excuse not to go.

It was never on the cards for me......all her money, she signed the contracts and only told me once it was 20/30% finished.

One of the driving forces (I think) was to get me away from Bangkok.

3 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Yes...know a few 'handy' guys in BKK who could be persuaded to assist........but it just leaves us wide open to endless threats.

Why is it the innocent can't do anything for fear of retribution yet the guilty seem to get away with murder?

Well, the trick seems to be doing things without seeing to be doing things. Like, take a trip to Trang for a beach vacation, and mysteriously the karaoke burns down... I'm just saying.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SpaceKadet said:

Well, the trick seems to be doing things without seeing to be doing things. Like, take a trip to Trang for a beach vacation, and mysteriously the karaoke burns down... I'm just saying.

Oh so tempting.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Indeed they do. Within the law of course. Playing loud music constantly is not within the law.

Our problem is the karaoke doesn't have to be constant or ridiculous loud........it only has to be intermittent and audible to make our lives a living hell.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Our problem is the karaoke doesn't have to be constant or ridiculous loud........it only has to be intermittent and audible to make our lives a living hell.

Well, that make this whole thread pointless. 

Is it loud? Is it frequent? Is it annoying to everyone or just you? Your initial posts suggested the music is bone shakingly loud. Now you say even if you can just hear it it's annoying.

5 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Well, that make this whole thread pointless. 

Is it loud? Is it frequent? Is it annoying to everyone or just you? Your initial posts suggested the music is bone shakingly loud. Now you say even if you can just hear it it's annoying.

Tool

So nothing played all day then at 3am you start to hear bass notes thudding and you are fine with that????????

It is people like you that make other peoples lives hell.....try looking up empathy.

Edited by Will B Good
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Tool

So nothing played all day then at 3am you start to hear bass notes thudding and you are fine with that????????

It is people like you that make other peoples lives hell.....try looking up empathy.

You obviously don't understand what I was saying.

My advice on this thread, along with many others, is based on the idea that the music is so loud it is deafening. Advice that becomes inane if the music is only " audiable".

Not sure how you get to me making problems in others lives.

3am you say? Did you not comment that your wife is there during the day. That is how you know the music is on? Not sure your wife will be managing the build at 3am. 

It appears you need to clarify the situation. Some of your posts contradict others.

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Like 1

I strive to learn from other people's mistakes. This is a common problem in Thailand, the Philippines, Cambodia, etc. and we've all heard it a thousand times. Chickens in the philippines are the worst, waking you up at 3am every morning.

Solution: If you can't buy enough land so it doesn't matter what the neighbors do, don't buy. Rent. This way you can move if you need to.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gargamon said:

I strive to learn from other people's mistakes. This is a common problem in Thailand, the Philippines, Cambodia, etc. and we've all heard it a thousand times. Chickens in the philippines are the worst, waking you up at 3am every morning.

Solution: If you can't buy enough land so it doesn't matter what the neighbors do, don't buy. Rent. This way you can move if you need to.

100% AGREE...rent and then you have the option of moving. 

It is a no brainer.

1 minute ago, poosmate said:

Buy an alarm sounder...I got one from the UK used on industrial estates...apparently can be heard 2kms away. I had a similar situation and turned it on whenever music was loud. Worked!

Interesting..........if I could link it to a microphone so once the karaoke kicked in it turned on automatically...........a cunning plan.

new house in build process hes just started

just Maybe hes doing this so you buy his land

then his land is sold at better price than he could ever get from market value

maybe he hasn't got brains to do but maybe someone is advising him (maybe he owes money to them)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Buy bigger speakers, make sure they are facing your neighbor and play whatever YOU want as loud as YOU want.

Have you been to some of the Thai bar areas? It seems every bar tries to play louder than the others. For me it is total noise terror, but apparently doesn’t bother the Thais working and visiting these places.

But I like the idea of having a very loud alarm triggered by music, just be sure the tones cannot be masked by loud music in the establishment.

Edited by lkn
  • Like 2

Without a shadow of doubt, it's a typical cunning Thai move (they're kinda good at this)..................You have a couple of options.....................and the outcome will depend alot on whether your wife has already made a complaint or talked to absolutely anyone about this issue........................if she has, your chances of quick success are lessened. You gotta remain nonchalent........................

Option 1. Carry on with the build as if nothing is bothering you

Option 2. Stop building for now (you're obviously living elsewhere at the mo anyway)

You could also consider; once built, giving to a family for free until the problem goes away......................Eventually, the problem will go away anyway

You could try to buy/lease the problem land as a buffer at a later date, through a proxy  perhaps the best approach.

The helpful sound proofing options suggested by many will help, but won't solve the problem. Depending on the size of the land my soundproofing would be an earth mover making a mound along the border and reaarranging the build so that any outdoor terrace areas are facing away from sound source..............

I wish you all the best, not an easy time for you, but patience will prevail I'm sure.

• Like 1

I have seen places like this built out in the middle of nowhere so that they don't upset the neighbors... 

Did the fellow own his land before you bought yours? He might have been planning his project for a long time and then you came and bought into his area... both pursuing opposite dreams.. each one valid. 

This is not an easy situation for either of you... sorry for your troubles but try and keep an open mind and hope he does too.. 

• Like 2

Neighbor Wars can be fun to watch. Check YouTube.

But seriously, you don’t need the stress. 
The answer? Open a competing pub and charge less, even selling drinks below cost would be a good investment until you drive him out of business. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Zap the place with microwave radio signals, just like the Cubans and Russians do with the US embassies.  The owner will go down with Embassy Syndrome (splitting headaches etc), but will have no idea that you are the source of their problems.

I'd hack a microwave oven so that it zaps out 500 watts of microwave energy at 2.45 GHz with the door open..... ????

Maybe AliExpress sells Embassy Syndrome generators?

Is this why the authorities in Laos don't like your 'research' ?

• Haha 2