What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

10 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Falling asleep within the first 45 ish minutes, and this at 2000 hrs.  Stopped watching, and watched something.

Superhero movies just don't do it for me.  CGI pretty cool, but nothing else.

Same, it was total rubbish. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Rimmer said:

I have noticed that 1080 and 720 movies often have subs with them but if not Subscene is a good place to get them.

Thankyou. I will check this out; not just for my deafness but I sometimes watch with my TGF & have to explain situations.

On 6/9/2022 at 1:47 PM, xylophone said:

Thank you......watched "The Take" last night and thought it was great.

I don't know anyone who does evil/nasty villains and criminals quite like Tom Hardy, and his acting in this miniseries was a testament to his acting craft.

I did watch another of his movies called, "Locke" in which he was none of the above mentioned, but it was a superb performance by him.

Not sure if you've seen Taboo?  Another great with Tom Hardy.  Came out in 2017 IIRC and has been renewed for one, possibly two more seasons.  Hardy is clearly in demand though and his schedule and covid caused season 2 to be delayed.  Supposedly they will start shooting it early next year.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Tehran series two is better than series one, the last episode is full of twists and surprises, well worth a watch.

Interesting bio on  Shaun Toub    who plays Faraz Kamali in the series

I have noticed that 1080 and 720 movies often have subs with them but if not Subscene is a good place to get them.  

Tried to register but get Shopee. Same for proxy?

27 minutes ago, SooKee said:

Not sure if you've seen Taboo?  Another great with Tom Hardy.  Came out in 2017 IIRC and has been renewed for one, possibly two more seasons.  Hardy is clearly in demand though and his schedule and covid caused season 2 to be delayed.  Supposedly they will start shooting it early next year.

Lol .. taboo has been mentioned a few times, it’s like marmite, you either love it, or hate it. It’s highly regarded, but everytime I go to watch it, I fall asleep.

Other posters have also mentioned the same. I will never give up on it, i have it to watch, but it’s always this issue of falling asleep. 

On 6/19/2022 at 8:06 PM, ivor bigun said:

just binge watched season 1 ,best series i have seen for a long time .

It stays tight and quirky right to the end.  You'll binge watch right up until Season 4 Part 2.

1 hour ago, SooKee said:

Yes I did see it thank you SooKee.........have you seen "Locke"?

No Mercy, No Remorse.

RAR

This was quite harrowing.

No Mercy, No Remorse takes viewers back to the winter of 1993, with a journey into the deeply disturbing world of Paul Charles Denyer, the then 21-year old who is currently serving three life sentences for the Frankston murders.

https://hi-in.facebook.com/StanAustralia/videos/the-stan-original-documentary-revealed-no-mercy-no-remorse/982728462414768/

• Thanks 2

Watched “ In my Skin “ recently:

“ Darkly comic coming-of-age story that follows 16 year old Bethan as she deals with the anxieties and insecurities of teenage life, along with the stark reality of a home life that is far removed from what she projects to her friends. “

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8594528/

Despite there being several lesbians, 1 of which was black, a gay boy, a gay bingo caller, a Down Syndrome child, a woman with bipolar disorder, an alcoholic arsonist and several Welsh people ( ???? ) it didn’t stop me enjoying it.

Starts off as a regular school drama but Bethan’s constant attempts at trying to hide her traumatic home life is proving increasingly more difficult.

Bethan and her mother gave spectacular performances imho.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, SooKee said:

I don't think so.  I'll try and track it down.

IMO, it is an extremely good movie and well worth the effort to try and track it down, which should be quite easy as I found it again on 1337x.to 

Also another excellent movie of his (just in case you haven't seen it) is "The Drop" and it moves along at a slow pace, but the ending is a big surprise.

I was also reminded of another excellent movie of his, "Lawless", so I may well download that again for another watch!

Can't get enough of a good thing.............

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, xylophone said:

IMO, it is an extremely good movie and well worth the effort to try and track it down, which should be quite easy as I found it again on 1337x.to 

Also another excellent movie of his (just in case you haven't seen it) is "The Drop" and it moves along at a slow pace, but the ending is a big surprise.

I was also reminded of another excellent movie of his, "Lawless", so I may well download that again for another watch!

Thanks.  Yeah I saw The Drop.  I'll track down Lawless too. ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

Jesus.  First time I've used 1337x.to.  How on earth do you get to download anything?  Every time I click any of the download options it opens up some damn advert for Lazada, Gearbest or whatever.  Anything BUT download ????.  Normally clicking the Magnet link would open up my bit torrent app., this just opens another bloody ad, every time.

Having seen the image of the movie DVD cover, it's not the one where he's driving a car up a motorway taking phone calls is it?  I've driven that motorway many times and for me, driving it is way, way more interesting than the movie was.  If I've got the right one.

Edited by SooKee

15 minutes ago, SooKee said:

Jesus.  First time I've used 1337x.to.  How on earth do you get to download anything?  Every time I click any of the download options it opens up some damn advert for Lazada, Gearbest or whatever.  Anything BUT download ????.  Normally clicking the Magnet link would open up my bit torrent app., this just opens another bloody ad, every time.

Having seen the image of the movie DVD cover, it's not the one where he's driving a car up a motorway taking phone calls is it?  I've driven that motorway many times and for me, driving it is way, way more interesting than the movie was.  If I've got the right one.

Oh, that doesn't happen when I use that torrent site, but then I do have an ad blocker running, so maybe that makes a difference??

Yes it is about the car drive, and I thought it was great, but there again we all have different tastes! I think one has to get into the "intricacies" and in-depth aspects of the conversations he's having to make it worthwhile.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Oh, that doesn't happen when I use that torrent site, but then I do have an ad blocker running, so maybe that makes a difference??

Yes it is about the car drive, and I thought it was great, but there again we all have different tastes! I think one has to get into the "intricacies" and in-depth aspects of the conversations he's having to make it worthwhile.

Oh I got into the intricacies, not a lot else going on after all 5555.  I just found it dull.  As you say, we all have different tastes.

I have an ad-blocker too, no idea what the grief is with 1337.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2022 at 6:41 PM, KhunLA said:

Umbrella Academy S3

Dr Strange

Now available

Ignore both of those, as Dr Strange had me nodding off.

and Umbrella Academy, did a silly 'timeline' change, opened with a dance routine E01,

Then went super woke, with Ellen/Elliot Page's character, starting with long 'wig', then change to short man's haircut and a new name, Victor.  Along with explaining it to a few character in E02. As if once wasn't enough.

You're an actress, just play the female role.  It's not the Page show / TV series.   Hope you don't plan on only doing male roles in the future, as you can kiss your acting career bye bye.

Scratch S03, and a shame, as S1 & 2 were kind of entertainer.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Ignore both of those, as Dr Strange had me nodding off.

and Umbrella Academy, did a silly 'timeline' change, opened with a dance routine E01,

Then went super woke, with Ellen/Elliot Page's character, starting with long 'wig', then change to short man's haircut and a new name, Victor.  Along with explaining it to a few character in E02. As if once wasn't enough.

You're an actress, just play the female role.  It's not the Page show / TV series.   Hope you don't plan on only doing male roles in the future, as you can kiss your acting career bye bye.

Scratch S03, and a shame, as S1 & 2 were kind of entertainer.

That actor has transitioned from female to male in real life. So adding that to the plot was not about woke  but about incorporating that reality into the show. Or they could have just canceled it eh?

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

That actor has transitioned from female to male in real life. So adding that to the plot was not about woke  but about incorporating that reality into the show. Or they could have just canceled it eh?

That's one opinion.  And yes I know Ellen is now Elliot, as I pointed out.   It's a TV series.... fiction, people with powers.  She's an actress playing a female character.   Changing to Victor was all about woke, and nothing else.  Adds absolutely nothing to the storyline.

Edited by KhunLA

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The actor's real life transition is FACT. Why not explore that in the show with his character?

Reading the reviews of S03 on IMDB ... it's not going over well.   I doubt if there will be a season 4, unless everyone is locked into it all ready.

I'd take a guess that some of the other actors may be gay or bisexual, should characters be changed also and added to the storyline.  It was woke, and it was silly.

Having only straights playing straights, gays playing gays, trans playing trans is just plain crazy.  And limiting job opportunities for the non straights, and probably why many don't come out of that closet.

If that's the direction they want to go, UP2them, as I'll, and many others with 'change the channel'.   Not that I matter, since torrents, but streaming and advertisers may care when ratings crash.

Here's a fine example of people avoiding 'woke':

Toy Story ...    8.3

Toy Story2 ...  7.9

Toy Story3 ... 8.3

Toy Story4 ... 7.7

Lightyear ...   5.2 ????

51 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Reading the reviews of S03 on IMDB ... it's not going over well.   I doubt if there will be a season 4, unless everyone is locked into it all ready.

I'd take a guess that some of the other actors may be gay or bisexual, should characters be changed also and added to the storyline.  It was woke, and it was silly.

Having only straights playing straights, gays playing gays, trans playing trans is just plain crazy.  And limiting job opportunities for the non straights, and probably why many don't come out of that closet.

If that's the direction they want to go, UP2them, as I'll, and many others with 'change the channel'.   Not that I matter, since torrents, but streaming and advertisers may care when ratings crash.

Here's a fine example of people avoiding 'woke':

Toy Story ...    8.3

Toy Story2 ...  7.9

Toy Story3 ... 8.3

Toy Story4 ... 7.7

Lightyear ...   5.2 ????

More like homophobia.

https://culturacolectiva.com/movies/lightyear-ban-countries-homophobia-lgbtq-content/

What century do they live in? 14 countries ban ‘Lightyear’ for LGBTQ+ content

Middle Eastern countries decided to cancel the premiere of the long-awaited movie because of homophobia.

Edited by Jingthing