What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

On 7/5/2022 at 6:51 AM, seedy said:

Terror on the Prarie

Don't bother. When you can't hit someone with a street sweeper at 10 meters ...

I tend to agree.  And it's are really, old, worn-out plot line.  It took me about 1/2 hour to watch if you catch my drift.

• Like 1

True Colours----Australia SBS.TV......7 July --Crime ........IMDB 7.4 ..........................4 episodes .. All out....

Detective Toni Alma is assigned to investigate a suspicious car accident in Perdar Theendar, the Indigenous community she left as a child

and has had little to do with over the years.

25 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Mystery Road: Origin......Australia-ABC TV--July 3......Crime/Drama.........6 episodes --All out--IMDB 7.9...RARBG..& others

This is part of the Mystery Road series---there was one out 3 years ago and another 2013.--connected but not the same.

I enjoyed the original two seasons of Mystery Road with Aaron Pederson, So I'll have to give this a look.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7298596/

Edited by Mutt Daeng
typo
  • Like 1

Decided to seek out a few old movies to watch after seeing a reference to one, the first one being: – "2010: The year we made contact". This especially as the reviewers said it was a vastly underrated sci-fi movie, however I thought it was pretty average compared to the "Space Odyssey" movie of 2001!

Got me onto searching for others of this ilk and I uncovered one called, "Silent Running" starring Bruce Dern, and it wasn't a blockbuster, but it was entertaining enough.

Finally I decided to visit one of those I have in my catalogue, and it was the best of the lot and it reminded me of why it was such a good movie after watching it a second or third time in its life, and the movie was: – "Legends of The Fall".

It was a bit of a tearjerker in its own way, something I never considered when I first watched it, however IMO it is still an excellent movie.

My Life as a Rolling Stone..............Doco................8/7/ 2022--BBC2    4 parts--1 out now---2-3 out tomorrow--4  on the 16...Chaos/RARBG

A four-part documentary that tells the band's story through profiles of Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood and Charlie Watts,

delving into their personalities, passions and their memories from the past 60 years.

Mick Jagger
Pt.1 - Sat 2 Jul 2022. 9.30 pm
The first part focuses on frontman Jagger, who talks about his life in the band, from his first performances at local teenage parties to creating a stage persona that has defined the rock 'n' roll lead singer. It features archives from his career, a rich soundtrack of classic Stones tracks and interviews with musicians including Tina Turner, Chrissie Hynde, Jon Bon Jovi, Lars Ulrich, Rod Stewart, Sheryl Crow, Slash and PP Arnold.

Keith Richards
Pt.2 - Sat 9 Jul 2022. 9.30 pm

Keith Richards talks exclusively about his 60-year career as the lead guitar player in The Rolling Stones. Richards' brilliance as a songwriter and performer, along with his defiant hedonism, has made him a cultural hero to millions and helped to shape the whole idea of what rock 'n' roll means. The film features a vivid archive of his extraordinary career, a soundtrack full of his classic riffs, and interviews with a stellar cast of musical idols.

Ronnie Wood
Pt.3 - Sat 9 Jul 2022. 10.00 pm

Ronnie Wood is a cultural icon, guitar hero, artist and the living embodiment of British-born rock 'n' roll vibrancy. He talks about his career as a Rolling Stone, with its exhilarating highs and sometimes dangerous lows. Through memorable archive footage, music and interviews with a stellar cast of musicians, the film reveals how he binds the band together through his musical virtuosity and his irresistible, upbeat personality.

Charlie Watts
Pt.4 - Sat 16 Jul 2022. 9.00 pm

Charlie Watts was the heartbeat of The Rolling Stones, and when he died in 2021, the band lost the man who had laid the foundation of songs loved by millions. A stellar cast describes his brilliance as a drummer and his influence on rock music. Through archive and a soundtrack of Stones tracks, the film explores the man who always had mixed feelings about the excess that came with life as a Rolling Stone..

40 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I've just watched season 1 (4 x 90 minute episodes) of Roots (the 2016 version), which is an adaptation of Alex Haley's "Roots." It chronicles the history of an African man and his descendants sold into slavery in America. Very good IMHO and well worth a look. I got it from TGx.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3315386/

Total fiction which he was taken to court by other authors for copying sections of it from other peoples books. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Thanks. Most of the TV series & movies I watch are indeed fiction.

But Halley claimed it was all a true account and he had traced his ancestor back to a village in the Gambia, hogwash.

21 minutes ago, proton said:

But Halley claimed it was all a true account and he had traced his ancestor back to a village in the Gambia, hogwash.

It's all rock 'N' roll to me mate, I just enjoyed the series.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Thailand said:

Tried episode one but juvenile, does it get better?

I'm only a few episodes in and I see it as a poor imitation of Vera. It's from New Zealand.

Like Vera, it has a flawed main character who is portrayed to be a police mastermind.

Ok to watch occasionally. 

On 7/9/2022 at 5:44 PM, sanuk711 said:

My Life as a Rolling Stone..............Doco................8/7/ 2022--BBC2    4 parts--1 out now---2-3 out tomorrow--4  on the 16...Chaos/RARBG

A four-part documentary that tells the band's story through profiles of Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood and Charlie Watts,

delving into their personalities, passions and their memories from the past 60 years.

Mick Jagger
Pt.1 - Sat 2 Jul 2022. 9.30 pm
The first part focuses on frontman Jagger, who talks about his life in the band, from his first performances at local teenage parties to creating a stage persona that has defined the rock 'n' roll lead singer. It features archives from his career, a rich soundtrack of classic Stones tracks and interviews with musicians including Tina Turner, Chrissie Hynde, Jon Bon Jovi, Lars Ulrich, Rod Stewart, Sheryl Crow, Slash and PP Arnold.

Keith Richards
Pt.2 - Sat 9 Jul 2022. 9.30 pm

Keith Richards talks exclusively about his 60-year career as the lead guitar player in The Rolling Stones. Richards' brilliance as a songwriter and performer, along with his defiant hedonism, has made him a cultural hero to millions and helped to shape the whole idea of what rock 'n' roll means. The film features a vivid archive of his extraordinary career, a soundtrack full of his classic riffs, and interviews with a stellar cast of musical idols.

Ronnie Wood
Pt.3 - Sat 9 Jul 2022. 10.00 pm

Ronnie Wood is a cultural icon, guitar hero, artist and the living embodiment of British-born rock 'n' roll vibrancy. He talks about his career as a Rolling Stone, with its exhilarating highs and sometimes dangerous lows. Through memorable archive footage, music and interviews with a stellar cast of musicians, the film reveals how he binds the band together through his musical virtuosity and his irresistible, upbeat personality.

Charlie Watts
Pt.4 - Sat 16 Jul 2022. 9.00 pm

Charlie Watts was the heartbeat of The Rolling Stones, and when he died in 2021, the band lost the man who had laid the foundation of songs loved by millions. A stellar cast describes his brilliance as a drummer and his influence on rock music. Through archive and a soundtrack of Stones tracks, the film explores the man who always had mixed feelings about the excess that came with life as a Rolling Stone..

I've just finished watching this series and I really enjoyed it, particularly Keith and Charlie's stories. Some great insights into what made the group tick and a few surprises along the way. Watch on the iPlayer.

• Like 2

I see that Bosch: Legacy was released in May.
IMDB gives in a 8.6.  I've always been a fan of both the books and the TV series. 
I'll have to check this out.

I also see that Reacher is out with Jack Reacher played by Alan Ritchson who at a bulked 6'2'' is a little more believable then Tom Cruise.  Don't get me wrong.  I like Tom Cruise as an actor. 
This will have to go on my list too.

14 minutes ago, connda said:

I see that Bosch: Legacy was released in May.
IMDB gives in a 8.6.  I've always been a fan of both the books and the TV series. 
I'll have to check this out.

I also see that Reacher is out with Jack Reacher played by Alan Ritchson who at a bulked 6'2'' is a little more believable then Tom Cruise.  Don't get me wrong.  I like Tom Cruise as an actor. 
This will have to go on my list too.

You won't be disappointed with either of those 2 series.

• Like 1