Thailand reports new daily record of 9,276 COVID-19 cases, 72 more deaths

webfact

51 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

No bubble and seal is very different, you should already know that seeing as you've been posting here for so long, this as stated is a lockdown

Sorry, but I don't.  Could you clarify?  It might be useful for other people who haven't been posting here for so long as well.  The Forum works best as an information Forum, not a private conversation between a few people.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Spilornis said:

Sorry my Thai is no good.

Is that the figure 317,506 in the second diagram in the opening post

Thanks

A graphic is posted on here everyday showing the progress of vaccinations against the government target of 100 mil doses by the end of the year. Currently they are averaging about 220k per day since 7th June. The daily required rate has risen from 480k at 7th June, to about 530k as at yesterday.

24 minutes ago, robblok said:

Why do you say people had no idea that Delta would hit. Just because you did not forsee it does not mean others did not. The variants travel all over the world it was just a matter of time. A big oversight on you.. to focused on data instead of what could happen.  You just thought it would always be these strains. But the Brit variant arrived too.. so it was inevitable that delta would come too. 

Don't worry.....he will say he foresaw it. He has all the answers.

27 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Not so much the willfully ignorant, but those who read their comments.

Ask the pm with all his antics. Sorry but it’s facts he hasn’t been following the rules from day one and people are expected to follow.? 

20 minutes ago, BE88 said:

If you look at this graphic in a week we will be at 20,000 infected, if nothing is caught in the epidemic and completely out of control in two weeks

It's completely out of control now and has been for sometime.

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

It's just another deflection on his part as it is the way he responds as he will never say he was wrong unlike many if us who admit we messed up.....

Its a rookie mistake, looking at historical data only without taking into account changes in future. Almost nowhere do we base our prediction only on historical data. They always take into account changes in the future. Make predictions based on a few scenarios combined with old data. He just got stuck at the first level.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Every country that conducted mass trials of Sinovac vs previous variants found that it was very effective in reducing hospitalizations

what does Thailand do with anyone that tests positive for covid ?

• Haha 1

The numbers have probably been massaged, and they've done it before in these situations. There's a big meeting of the CCSA today to decide on (unpopular with many, but popular with others) measures like the inter-provincial travel ban and closure of non-essential shops. The decision's already been made by you-know-who, so to make it more difficult to argue against the new restrictions they bump up the daily numbers. You know how it will go at the press conference later today:

CCSA spokesman: We regret that we must introduce more restrictions on your lives.

Some members of the public: Booo! That's terrible, How dare  you?

CCSA spokesman: But you saw that we had almost 10,000 new cases today, what else can we do?

Some members of the public: I guess he does have a point there....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NicholasTH said:

Ask the pm with all his antics. Sorry but it’s facts he hasn’t been following the rules from day one and people are expected to follow.? 

What has your comment got to do with what I wrote. I was commenting on why I bothered to reply to someone who had made a blatantly false statement.

53 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Because nothing else is coming into the country. No Moderna. No Pfizer. No J&J. They aren't going to get here until next year--some time. And Sinovac is better than nothing.

Not many quality vaccines have actually been ordered ... just 5 million here and 10 million there ...

My solution: actually make firm orders now for 120 million quality vaccines (yes, will take a while to arrive - and we'll have to suffer in the meantime) ... you could discount that quantity by the minimum amounts the local producer can guarantee to supply (so far, they've been working off the maximum capicity).

Otherwise, all we have now is: a shocking problem, and the only likely solution (an adequate number of quality vaccines) haven't even been ordered yet!!!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Getting back to reality, no one was saying here “cases may be flat now, in May, but the Delta variant is coming in June, and then cases will skyrocket”.

Do you have any insight into when the Epsilon variant is coming and it’s impact?

You tell us since you have the answer for everything.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

This report and earlier one for another province has surprised me. I assumed the lockdown of outbound travel would start with Bangkok.

I wonder if Phuket will join the list. 

Might be situation where all the governor's follow one by one to be seen as being pro-active.

Sangkhlaburi has a very long border with Burma, the situation could be quite bad up there, we have no information

• Like 2

Just now, MikeyIdea said:

Sangkhlaburi has a very long border with Burma, the situation could be quite bad up there, we have no information

True. 

We might see by the end of today if any provinces have closed (restricted) border's. Obviously Bangkok the big player in this. 

Last year (first wave?) April 25, I was on island that is a national park. That was subsequently closed. No holiday makers allowed. 

Interesting days ahead.

3 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Again this morning Thais I work with telling me Thaksin will come back imminently as the saviour of the Thai people with boatloads of Pfizer and Moderna vaccines. They seem convinced.

My wife has been hearing things at work for ages and nothing really came true. 

• Like 2