Department of Disease Control: Pfizer doses for priority groups only

snoop1130

Forget it. The only number that is important is the number how many people have been vaccinated. Please don't ask with what.  PFIZER? 

"Foreigners living in Thailand, particularly those who are elderly and have chronic diseases" 

Very interesting. Please let me know where I can register. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Regarding complaints about the doses being given to other groups, provincial communicable disease committees must investigate the issue quickly. After completion of the investigation, it will be forwarded to the Ministry of Public Health. It will be examined by a working group in charge of Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine management

Investigation committee results to be examined by another committee - again. I get the feeling 95% of the Thai government just sit on and travel to committees all day.

4 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

Forget it. The only number that is important is the number how many people have been vaccinated. Please don't ask with what.  PFIZER? 

"Foreigners living in Thailand, particularly those who are elderly and have chronic diseases" 

So  far about 9  useless  sites can be used if you want to waste  your  time. I for  one  never  had or would  have  any reliance on Thai govt and just stay at  home and avoid any conctact with anyone including the wife who  carries  on shuttling back and forth to BKK unchecked regularly from Prachuap, stuck her in the guesthouse alone.

New Tat slogan coming soon "Trust  Thai"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

"3. Foreigners living in Thailand, particularly those who are elderly and have chronic diseases"

Still waiting (17/08/21)

Still waiting (17/11/21)

Just been offered an expired Pfizer jab by TIT (17/2/22) as part of the 150,000

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Regarding complaints about the doses being given to other groups, provincial communicable disease committees must investigate the issue quickly. After completion of the investigation, it will be forwarded to the Ministry of Public Health. It will be examined by a working group in charge of Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine management.

Then swept under the carpet.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

well noting the number of injections daily, more than half every day are sinovac!

2 hours ago, Scrotobike said:

"3. Foreigners living in Thailand, particularly those who are elderly and have chronic diseases"

Still waiting (17/08/21)

Still waiting (17/11/21)

Just been offered an expired Pfizer jab by TIT (17/2/22) as part of the 150,000

I signed on via 3 sites - one for Bangkok/Pattaya Hospital.  Yesterday they went viral & I went unjabbed before 9.30am. At 78 I should have been contacted first.

What is a DR in Thailand is the initial meant to be doctor if yes a doctor in what ! After all every Monday I see government employees dressed in brown or white uniforms what looks like military attire with medal ribbons and gold braiding what have they achieved to wear such distinguished attire  it always baffles me  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

I signed on via 3 sites - one for Bangkok/Pattaya Hospital.  Yesterday they went viral & I went unjabbed before 9.30am. At 78 I should have been contacted first.

BPH went viral??? Do you mean you had an appointment got there before 9.30 and they had no Vaccines?

I have read that over 90% of new infections are caused by the delta strain. This being so, and yesterday results from a study comparing Pfizer with Moderna were released (albeit not yet peer reviewed). The result showed Pfizer to be markedly inferior to Moderna......why give these front line people an inferior vaccine???????

I have just been rejected by expatvac..............After reviewing your registration, it can not be further processed due to lack of required visas....They had a box on the form for PR holders to tick. I did. PR holders do NOT have Visas.   Useless shower!!!!!!!!!!!!

17 minutes ago, prakhonchai nick said:

I have just been rejected by expatvac..............After reviewing your registration, it can not be further processed due to lack of required visas....They had a box on the form for PR holders to tick. I did. PR holders do NOT have Visas.   Useless shower!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just rec'd the same notice except I am not a PR holder. I just happen to be waiting to receive my updated marriage visa and (as always) my current stamp is past (Aug 9), with the new one Sept 7. Once again totally wasted time.

21 hours ago, chilly07 said:

BPH went viral??? Do you mean you had an appointment got there before 9.30 and they had no Vaccines?

I did not have an appointment merely an acknowledgement that the hospital recognised my sign-up.  On Monday the site re-opened and allowed thousands to scrabble for Pfizer jabs on September 7th.  My previous attempt + their acknowledgement went down the toilet; a typical Thai system like most of their on-line attempts to be the hub of technology.  Bottom line is, at 78, in the vulnerable group, I remain unjabbed despite following instructions in a timely manner.

48 minutes ago, mikebell said:

I did not have an appointment merely an acknowledgement that the hospital recognised my sign-up.  On Monday the site re-opened and allowed thousands to scrabble for Pfizer jabs on September 7th.  My previous attempt + their acknowledgement went down the toilet; a typical Thai system like most of their on-line attempts to be the hub of technology.  Bottom line is, at 78, in the vulnerable group, I remain unjabbed despite following instructions in a timely manner.

Mike, try clicking the link for Samitavej hospital in Sri Racha, https://www.samitivejsriracha.com/article-detail/?lang=en&id=1119

I applied here via the intervac website, they never sent any email or sms, but on Monday morning I received a phone call, appointment 8am the following day.

I got Pfizer jab, and second jab also Pfizer will be on 7th September. 

Don’t expect an email or SMS, they could call you one morning for vaccination the following day, give it a try, nothing to lose, apply to as many as possible, don’t rely on one application at a specific hospital, you may have to travel to get the vaccine of choice, are you able to travel, do you have transport ?

if traveling there was a problem because you are unable to get transport, I.d be willing to drive you there , I will be going there on the 7th of September anyway,  but I would be willing to help you another time, I know not everybody can get around easily.

Good luck Mike, let me know if you would have difficulties traveling. 

Edited by Broken Record
  • Like 1

Update, I received a message from BPH, appointment date 25th August, Astrazeneca or Pfizer, Building D, BPH.

I can't reply to the message ( SMS), so I will go there tomorrow in person to cancel, this is a minor inconvenience and it will free up a space and Vaccine for someone else who needs it.

So, there is Pfizer at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital, if not now, the 25th for sure, hope this gives a ray of hope to someone anxiously waiting.

Good luck to all.

22 hours ago, Broken Record said:

Mike, try clicking the link for Samitavej hospital in Sri Racha, https://www.samitivejsriracha.com/article-detail/?lang=en&id=1119

I applied here via the intervac website, they never sent any email or sms, but on Monday morning I received a phone call, appointment 8am the following day.

I got Pfizer jab, and second jab also Pfizer will be on 7th September. 

Don’t expect an email or SMS, they could call you one morning for vaccination the following day, give it a try, nothing to lose, apply to as many as possible, don’t rely on one application at a specific hospital, you may have to travel to get the vaccine of choice, are you able to travel, do you have transport ?

if traveling there was a problem because you are unable to get transport, I.d be willing to drive you there , I will be going there on the 7th of September anyway,  but I would be willing to help you another time, I know not everybody can get around easily.

Good luck Mike, let me know if you would have difficulties traveling. 

What a nice man!  I appreciate your help and offer of transport.  Since my moan yesterday I received a message to turn up TODAY at Central Festival for a Pfizer.

On 8/16/2021 at 11:25 AM, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

impossible to see all 70 million here as “priority” ! 

priorities dont work that way…….check dictionary definition…..

Of course priorities work that way.... the one that is top priority is has 1 as a priority.... the one that is 70 million on the list... has 70,000,000 as the priority... but that does not mean that 70,000,000 is not a priority... just that there are 69,999,999 who have  slightly higher priority ????