Chonburi Governor releases late night updated orders around Covid-19 and food and beverage establishments

Jonathan Fairfield

3 minutes ago, Gsxrnz said:

I'm not really that worried.  Chonburi will run out of test kits by Thursday Wednesday.

Because of course, they did research into the availability and logistical supply of the kits, projected the potential usage and alerted the logistics supply chain of their forecasts to ensure a continual and uninterrupted supply. 

It should all go swimmingly.

I don't think "failing to plan is planning to fail" ever crosses their mind.

I'm sure he has his own version of the 5P's 

Maybe he's up to 5G-5P's?

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Not really, everyone entering a supermarket/mall have to wear masks and thre tends to be more social distancing, not so in a bar/restaurant, nobody wears them. That said the rules here are unworkable and ridiculous.

Omicron's ease and speed of spreading is ridiculous.

29 minutes ago, Gsxrnz said:

The muppet released the following as part of the order on 1st January.

"If the venue serves over 100 people regularly customers must have a test before entering the premises, regardless of vaccination status. This can be a rapid antigen test taken within 72 hours and can be administered on-site.

If the venue serves less than 100 people but has the appearance of being “busy” or congested antigen testing should also take place."

Then "early" on the morning of the 2nd January he re-released the updated order and withdrew this part of the original order.

I'm now insure if he was drunk when writing the first order and then sobered up to write the second order, or vice-versa. Not that it matters - both orders are ludicrous.

First one was for Chonburi as a whole. The second one released last night is specific for Pattaya/Nongprue/Banglamung and due to the rise in positive cases over last 24hrs.  Banglamung is the third one down on the right.

4C6F2ED1-343A-49DC-A89F-8BF07A2623F4.jpeg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gsxrnz said:

What's next?  

Only a matter of time until sneezing in a public space is considered sufficient to get you kicked out of a venue and potentially incarcerated.

I wish I was joking. 

Well, people taking off their mask to sneeze... 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Gsxrnz said:

I'm not really that worried.  Chonburi will run out of test kits by Thursday Wednesday.

Because of course, they did research into the availability and logistical supply of the kits, projected the potential usage and alerted the logistics supply chain of their forecasts to ensure a continual and uninterrupted supply. 

It should all go swimmingly.

I don't think "failing to plan is planning to fail" ever crosses their mind.

Planning and pro active never been  thai traits

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Sheer amount of plastic being created for testing kits is just insane with billions of test kits used daily. I wonder what nation could be profiteering from this pandemic with test kits and ppe sales

I have stock in several companies that make covid tests and they have consistently gone up all year and will probably do so for the next 12 months too since you can always count on people panicking and acting like buffoons. In spite of the steady gains I'd love to see these tests go away in the meantime I'll keep cashing the check.

If you're curious the company tickers are

ABT DHR LH PKI

Edited by wasabi
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

So I could carry the cassette and/or photo around for days/weeks. 

Hey Orchidfan, PM me the photo? I take it there's no name or anything showing, so I can just use yours, swearing I am negative, or at least feeling so...:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There is no way this can or will be enforced.  Many bars already are illegally open, not SHA+, and covid is spreading like wildfire amongst  the monger and trick, which already is said if we don't  look, then it doesn't  happen in Thailand.   This is the same pattern as the last 3 times.  Everyone wanted the money, business,  pleasure, and thats understood,  but now COVID is all over the bars and establishments.   Its not the vaccinated that is the concern.  It should be the unvaccinated Thais that everyone foriegn  and Government  should  be worried about, which as the Month of December  proved, no one cares.  Out breaks in Kalasin and other province's and its rampant there.  I know everyone is sick of this and how its hindered life, and blaming the country responsible. China, and holding  them accountable  is certainly  not happening,  Instead now all the Mongers, bar/business  owners, Punters, and Alcoholics who are only concerned  about their good time, and not their fellow man, Thai, or neighbor are the ones contributing to the latest outbreak.   Is anyone observing  the same pattern?  No test and go, Antigen test now for everyone every 3 days to patronize  an establishment, and the government  says, as they said each time before they reversed a decision. "No lockdown.".. well as the numbers are climbing, and now cities like Pattaya are a Sausage  fest spreading covid faster than it ever has before.  Talks of booster, which is the most important  factor, has only been that, talks.  Money and pleasure before saftey before curbing disease. is the simple way of thinking here and among the ones exploiting the simple culture and desperate Thais.  Welcome to the petri dish, sausage fest that is Pattaya now.  20 men to every one lady.  Smart!

Ignoring the need to get ahead of the virus, before opening, not smart, but then again all the illiterate uneducated mongers I meet speak volumes.

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Really not worth the effort.

I'd rather get a take away and go back home, than risk a (possibly false) positive test and have to face the consequences.

Take away, Fellow the ladies are spreading this amongst  themselves and customers,  oh!  You mean food and Alcohol?

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

The hidden pandemic that's being left to individual Provincial Governors to sort rather than CCSA who are keeping their heads down. This is not going to end well.

Looking the other way is very culturally present.   Think about it, when a local national child is afraid or doesn't  want something  they just look away.  Like if they dont acknowledge it, then it isn't  real.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

Agreed. 

I bought an ATK from the local pharmacy and did a test at home.

As you say,  there's no bar code or QR code to scan, let alone anything to upload to Mor Chana app.

So, like you I have a photo of the "cassette"(as they call it) showing the negative result.

And contrary to a post above,  the bar has not faded 3 days later. 

Oh!  Soon the bars will bbe closed.  Its so obvious  that it was the December holiday push for cash.  Now the fall out as it has three times before will ensue.   So many bars, managers and owners now have covid, you just haven't  been informed,  and you still are going.  So you been vaccinated,  you may catch it, and not get sick, but what about all the Thais you may come into contact with?  You think they been vaccinated?  But once again its all about the individual and their pleasure.   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

That actually sounds practical..... but I thought the test kits were somewhat more expensive. And if this silly requirement remains it won't be long before there are non to be found..... there's a bloody queue at immigration as far as Beach Rd when they take a single day off here!

The UK is suffering test kit shortages now.

Are they?

Maybe that's because I have them

392941169_Testkit.JPG.6117ff5eaad0591532a72d27b2ed6339.JPG

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Sheer amount of plastic being created for testing kits is just insane with billions of test kits used daily. I wonder what nation could be profiteering from this pandemic with test kits and ppe sales

Not sure but my GF her company makes tests and its swiss owned. So I wonder what your trying to point at. Maybe some UK companies are making money from it too. Its not a big conspiracy to make people spend money. 

1 hour ago, orchidfan said:

Agreed. 

I bought an ATK from the local pharmacy and did a test at home.

As you say,  there's no bar code or QR code to scan, let alone anything to upload to Mor Chana app.

So, like you I have a photo of the "cassette"(as they call it) showing the negative result.

And contrary to a post above,  the bar has not faded 3 days later. 

How much did you pay for the kit? Which brand of kit? Which pharmacy?

3 hours ago, D M G said:

Such an important announcement.  BUT other media outlets have NOT mentioned it.

It was an Order of the Chonburi Provincial Communications Committee and posted on their Facebook page - see here.

6 hours ago, smedly said:

pratical - are you kidding, who is qualified to do the test - barcode linked to what exactly, most people don't spend all night in one venue - there is nothing remotely workable about this - it is pure nonsense

Most people would perhaps have to change their habits...... pretty sure they have been doing it anyway. Aren't people self testing in the UK and using it somehow? 

What IS impractical is the situation we have now..... and your questions still apply. Bars should never have opened!

7 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

That's the point.

It might or will be enforced at the food places of the malls, All the other restaurants too?

I'll be out today for a late lunch in an italian restaurant. If they really want me to test before entry, I'll turn around and go back home.

Can't say I noticed anything different at the Mall this morning.... coffee places serving as per usual..... is the new regs going to be applied only to venues serving alcohol?

• Like 2