Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

36 minutes ago, jvs said:

Here you go again,what is the West to do?

Stop giving  aid to the Ukraine and basically tell Putin to carry on as he likes?

You have got to be kidding me!

If he gets away with this it will encourage him (and people like him)to just keep on bullying the world.

I get it,you don't like war,i don't like it either .

Sometimes you just have to draw a line in the sand.

My opinion hasn't changed since before the invasion, and you are welcome to read what I wrote on this thread back then

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, heybruce said:

"Time to rethink western strategy in Ukraine?"

No.  As has been explained, rewarding nuclear blackmail leads to more nuclear blackmail, and not just from Russia.

and perhaps making the wrong decision will lead to the end of life as we know it.

Do you understand what hundreds of nuclear weapons exploding will actually do to the planet?

What is the point of defeating Russia in Ukraine only to see everyone you know destroyed?

• Sad 1

they just came up with a new name for Vlad..... The Desperate 555

Putin the Desperate: 144,000 Dead in Ukraine And Nothing to Show for It?

Putin the Desperate: 144,000 Dead in Ukraine And Nothing to Show for It? (msn.com)

Putin’s Desperate Hours

Putin’s Desperate Hours (msn.com)

Edited by Mavideol
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

and perhaps making the wrong decision will lead to the end of life as we know it.

Do you understand what hundreds of nuclear weapons exploding will actually do to the planet?

What is the point of defeating Russia in Ukraine only to see everyone you know destroyed?

following this logic, nuclear war is inevitable anyway.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Russia will be defeated in Ukraine and detente will be reached after the war. Reason is simple. Joe Biden is the right man at a right time. He is a competent leader and committed to help Ukraine together with the allies and he has no personal agenda to hold military aids. Scare tactics like yours are just typical of the far right when they have nothing much to contribute.  

If Biden was a competent leader I'd be a lot more optimistic about Ukraine and everything else. But he's shown several times that he is neither competent nor compos-mentis.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Yes, He did such a terrible job uniting the NATO nations against the Russian invasion. We know from his record how brilliant his predecessor is at achieving unity.

A comical comment. Biden did nothing to unite NATO but he did destroy a lot of confidence within it with his midnight flit out of Afghanistan in 2021!! It was Putin who actually restored NATO unity by invading Ukraine! 

Trump was miffed at most NATO members because, for many years, they failed to pay their agreed fair share for defence. As a result of that pressure, a few NATO members were slightly better equipped and more militarily capable by 2022.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Bull.  Biden alerted Ukraine and the world of Putin's plans for an invasion before it happened.  That information was what presented Russia from having a quick and easy victory.  That display of intelligence, competence, and support for Ukraine is what united NATO into backing Ukraine. 

Without Biden NATO probably would still have taken the Russia threat as serious, but only after Ukraine was lost.

Pathetic. Bull back. How did Biden save Ukraine from being lost? He didn't. The Ukrainians did that!

Biden didn't "alert" any relevant parties that were not not already acutely aware of Putin's massing of troops near the border before invading. The Ukrainians were already fighting in the Donbass anyway. Biden stated the bleeding obvious about a month before the invasion but NATO and others were already very aware of this worst-case probability. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

18 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Has has been repeatedly pointed out elsewhere, it was the defeatist agreement signed by the Trump administration that led to the disaster in Afghanistan. As for Trump uniting NATO Nations. He repeatedly insulted that the leaders of the two most powerful countries in NATO: France and Germany.

I am surprised you haven't provided links to the "France and Germany" thingy.....:ermm: